Overuse of the statement "When Top Tier"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: "When top tier" (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Can we change the forum rules to make the expression "When top tier" a ban-able offense?

1. Yes (3 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. No (10 votes [76.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Hide poll

UserZer00 #1 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9945 battles

Partly sarcastic and partly serious (tier VI and VIII especially):

Can we make it ban-able (or at least be able to slap the offender with a trout) in the chat and forums and flame bait for reviewers to use the term "when top tier".  I mean, maybe if you have a press account or if the gods of MM RNG smile down upon you it might be a valid comment, / statement, but I don't see how recommending a tank as decent "when top tier" can really be relevant in todays MM.  

Maybe in the future it might become a valid statement once again, or when applied to tier VII or tier XI tanks which do see top tier reasonably often, but for now, at least in randoms, I don't think the term is helpful.

Sure, for game modes other than random "when top tier" might be more applicable and I guess a total ban of it's use isn't fully merited, but I think it gives a false impression in a lot of cases.

With the current WOT MM, spotting mechanics and limited map selection it's not like I've been sending Wargaming any of my money lately (aside from the occasional gold sent to team mates I accidentally did damage to), but in the past I know that the statement "when top tier" often influenced an impulse purchase.

Yes, it's a slow rainy day, I have too much free time on my hand and there are probably more worthy polls I could have started, but I'm lazy and it was the 1st thing that came to mind.

Flame away, make fun of my statistics, comment about cheese, but be sure to have a good weekend!

pathed91 #2 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18138 battles

I don't see a legit reason stated why it should be a bannable offence.

"when top tier" is a valid point to be made in a review. Let's say you make a review of the Matilda, don't you think it would be beneficial to new players that read your review that when the tank is top tier the armor let you steamroll the opposition but when bottom tier you are nothing but a xp-piñata? 

UserZer00 #3 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9945 battles

View Postpathed91, on 25 August 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

I don't see a legit reason stated why it should be a bannable offence.

"when top tier" is a valid point to be made in a review. Let's say you make a review of the Matilda, don't you think it would be beneficial to new players that read your review that when the tank is top tier the armor let you steamroll the opposition but when bottom tier you are nothing but a xp-piñata? 

The "bannable" offense was slightly sarcastic and I have no problem with a reviewers saying that when playing against tanks of your own tier that the armor is good / great. 

It's just that more often than not I see reviewers recommending or at least stating that the the tank because it's great "when top tier" and they go on repeating this multiple times.   

If a review said, "when the tank is top tier the armor let you steamroll the opposition but when bottom tier you are nothing but a xp-piñata" then I wouldn't have a problem with that (as long as later on in the review his conclusion is that you should get the tank because "it's great at top tier").

anonym_NZfB8HKNItci #4 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
"Top tier" is an urban legend.

Danger__UXB #5 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9785 battles

''When top tier''  Is a statement that is actually pretty important ..(Whether you get it often or not is a different matter?:P)

it can mean the difference on whether to be super aggressive or not?.. or indeed will dictate in so many ways how you will play that tank in that certain game..

..Its important if you want to give the proper perspective on a variable scenario or be a part of it?

OK.OK i deserve it..

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16293 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostNot_DangerUXB_Thats4sure, on 25 August 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

''When top tier''  Is a statement that is actually pretty important ..(Whether you get it often or not is a different matter?:P)

it can mean the difference on whether to be super aggressive or not?.. or indeed will dictate in so many ways how you will play that tank in that certain game..

..Its important if you want to give the proper perspective on a variable scenario or be a part of it?

OK.OK i deserve it..

"You hit me with a seabass". Classic!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users