Tooning Reduces TK'ing + Other In-House Shenanigans

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

Hi all,

A few weekends ago(or last weekend? I don't care it doesn't matter) there was a weekend special in which we could earn rewards for tooning and working as part of a team. Fine, but I was the one of the first(probably the first a-hole) to take annoyance to this notion as a solo player 99% of the time and found it almost discriminating to solo play.

BUT, guess what? In actual fact, by accidental discover, because I was playing the game anyway and said f**k it why not get me some of them rewards n all, at the start of all the battles I played, I started requesting platoons with the random teammates I was matched with and guess what? Not one moment of bullsh** throughout the battle. It became clear that, there's just something in us that "I got you back bro!" and so, whereas before, on occasion, I could end up pushing or having a "disagreement" with a teammate, when you are part of a toon, you totally work with the guys and so all I can say is it MASSIVELY cut out a lot of the hot tempered competitive cra* we can get ourselves into on occasion.

There was a lot of positives for it I could blurt on about but I'll leave it there and say, if you want to avoid getting shoved out of the bush by some higher tier TD or get annoyed when you crash into a KV2 than can then one shot you if he gets annoyed too, just toon with the guys at the start of the battle and it's amazing how suddenly there is some sort of mutual respect within the team and the odd crash or accidental shot on each other when just trying to shoot an enemy tank, is treated as such. :) 

Metalsniper #2 Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20348 battles
  • [WHEN] WHEN
No it does not my 3 man platoon takes 1 shot each at someone else and we get a free tk without being punished

Edited by Metalsniper, 25 August 2018 - 11:24 PM.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19891 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 25 August 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

Hi all,

A few weekends ago(or last weekend? I don't care it doesn't matter) there was a weekend special in which we could earn rewards for tooning and working as part of a team. Fine, but I was the one of the first(probably the first a-hole) to take annoyance to this notion as a solo player 99% of the time and found it almost discriminating to solo play.

BUT, guess what? In actual fact, by accidental discover, because I was playing the game anyway and said f**k it why not get me some of them rewards n all, at the start of all the battles I played, I started requesting platoons with the random teammates I was matched with and guess what? Not one moment of bullsh** throughout the battle. It became clear that, there's just something in us that "I got you back bro!" and so, whereas before, on occasion, I could end up pushing or having a "disagreement" with a teammate, when you are part of a toon, you totally work with the guys and so all I can say is it MASSIVELY cut out a lot of the hot tempered competitive cra* we can get ourselves into on occasion.

There was a lot of positives for it I could blurt on about but I'll leave it there and say, if you want to avoid getting shoved out of the bush by some higher tier TD or get annoyed when you crash into a KV2 than can then one shot you if he gets annoyed too, just toon with the guys at the start of the battle and it's amazing how suddenly there is some sort of mutual respect within the team and the odd crash or accidental shot on each other when just trying to shoot an enemy tank, is treated as such. :) 

Not only. It also help to reduce the pressure, especially if you know your toon mate. You really care less about getting artyed or when RMG says no. :)

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

View PostDava_117, on 25 August 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Not only. It also help to reduce the pressure, especially if you know your toon mate. You really care less about getting artyed or when RMG says no. :)

and so far as Arty goes, I like to chuck in a toon request with an arty an why? Well, for one you don't get sh** on "accidentally" by your new tooning buddy and his SPG who really wouldn't give a flying f*ck if he hits you or the enemy at times so they are that much more careful when they line up a bomb but also when you actually want a target near you to get nuked, your new tooning SPG buddy is actually a lot more interested in keeping you alive and helping you by focusing on targets you are engaging and spotting, turning down other targets somewhere else to help you stay alive or push a flank. It's all good really.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 25 August 2018 - 11:32 PM.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11756 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 25 August 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Hi all,

I played that weekend and most games there were no platoons. 

Hedgehog_small_tanks #6 Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 698 battles
Something else which reduces being TK'd.  Not being a smart  arse in chat.

MaxxyNL #7 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles

View PostMetalsniper, on 26 August 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

No it does not my 3 man platoon takes 1 shot each at someone else and we get a free tk without being punished

:facepalm:

250swb #8 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 25 August 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

when you are part of a toon, you totally work with the guys and so all I can say is it MASSIVELY cut out a lot of the hot tempered competitive cra* we can get ourselves into on occasion.

I see what you are saying, toon'ing is like putting a muzzle on all the Rottweilers in the team who can't normally behave themselves. Makes kind of sense I suppose, but wouldn't just getting rid of the players with a team killing issue be preferable to keeping them around? 

Wrinkly #9 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45411 battles
What you should learn from this is that you don't have to platoon, you are already in a team of 15 to begin with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users