Jump to content


M4A1 Revalorisé joke


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Bennie182 #1 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54340 battles
  • 1,729
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
Is it just me or is this tank a total joke? more then 50% of my shots that are fully aimed and fully or mostly cover the enemy tank, just go into nowhere. .32 accuracy? *edited* this thing can't hit a barrel from 10m away. other players in it are allowed to snapshot me, while my snapshots go nowhere. yesterday I shot an IS7 on his drivewheel, to track and damage him. result: only track. am I the only one who gets this bull$hit rng every game in it? the statistics from my battles say I hit 78%, I don't believe that, as all the shots that are impossible to miss, just go wide. I have snap shot on 50% and smooth ride on 100%.

Edited by NickMustaine, 26 August 2018 - 01:19 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


JocMeister #2 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23616 battles
  • 2,149
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
You don´t snapshot in a Rev.

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31208 battles
  • 2,296
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Make sure you're using a vertical stabilizer, together with vents. That should help out a lot. BiA on the crew is also a bonus.



Robbie_T #4 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16489 battles
  • 340
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016
Dont play rental tanks

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31208 battles
  • 2,296
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostRobbie_T, on 26 August 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Dont play rental tanks

 

Why not?

DeBanus #6 Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29116 battles
  • 234
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011

Yup, this tank is utter garbage.

 

Accuracy is a joke, Penetration is a joke, no armor, no mobility, no camo, horrible soft stats.

Should I continue?



Dava_117 #7 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19891 battles
  • 3,482
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

My rented Rev works quite fine. I'm a scrub in it, but the gun is really pleasant, especially the APCR shell velocity.

Nice tank indeed.



MeetriX #8 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20717 battles
  • 2,783
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostJocMeister, on 26 August 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

You don´t snapshot in a Rev.

 

Why not?

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 23272 battles
  • 4,215
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

I've actually enjoyed the few battles I've had with it and can't complain too much about it really. 390 alpha on a tier 8 medium with 1500 shell velocity, that's pretty damn nice! Now, I have only played 6 or 7 battles with it so the sample size is obviously a joke but still, that's enough to get a feel for a tank. -10 gun dep and small little turret works really well poking ridge lines and I with the sell velocity I found this tank to be pretty effective mid to long range support tank, certainly not front line stuff but I would have thought that would be obvious to players, especially with the above mentioned and the fact it is weak armored and a pretty tall unit easy to hit along with it's poor DPM reload, why on earth would take that front line? Maybe as top tier, never was yet though obviously, at best, was in an all tier8 battle.

 

I was lucky to have a tier 9 AMX 30 so I had a good crew to pop straight in to it, even though, as you can see in attached screenshot, not all the skills are compatible. Actually vs an AMX 30 with it's 3k+ dpm this tank would get wrecked no doubt about it and vs most tier9 meds it will get wrecked 1 vs 1 all things even BUT, like I said, this tank is not front line stuff imo and I found it VERY effective poking ridge lines and supporting the team, not in a boring TD way but reasonably involving gameplay. The like of the new Polish heavy premium and the Italian Progetto(can't spell don't care to check) along with some other's would probably make this not most competitive tank and certainly is not noob friendly but I really like tbh.

 

Oh yes... don't confuse this tank for being a bad tank with getting a team of useless top tier window lickers. This is not the tanks failing but may expose it's lack of carrying ability.

 


Edited by TungstenHitman, 26 August 2018 - 01:06 PM.


Bennie182 #10 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54340 battles
  • 1,729
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostRobbie_T, on 26 August 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Dont play rental tanks

Would be nice to train my bat crew in it, but WG *edited*! as the only problem is rng, nothing else. if you can't damage while fully aimed on a wt pz IV's turret on close range, it's clearly the game.


Edited by NickMustaine, 26 August 2018 - 01:20 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


KillingJoker #11 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34088 battles
  • 1,423
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

The tank is not garbage...  the ravioli is a pretty decent tier 8 medium...

 

it simply requires a player with a better sense of positioning and map awareness, obviously, having no armor you need to play the tank at more safe distances

or use ridge-lines to increase the effectiveness of the tank gameplay....


the -10 degree's of gun depression combined with a decent dispersion makes it a very good puncher, 390 alpha in a medium is quite good...

as long as people know how to play it...as simple as that.

 

 

 

12:16 Added after 1 minute

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 August 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

I've actually enjoyed the few battles I've had with it and can't complain too much about it really. 390 alpha on a tier 8 medium with 1500 shell velocity, that's pretty damn nice! Now, I have only played 6 or 7 battles with it so the sample size is obviously a joke but still, that's enough to get a feel for a tank. -10 gun dep and small little turret works really well poking ridge lines and I with the sell velocity I found this tank to be pretty effective mid to long range support tank, certainly not front line stuff but I would have thought that would be obvious to players, especially with the above mentioned and the fact it is weak armored and a pretty tall unit easy to hit along with it's poor DPM reload, why on earth would take that front line? Maybe as top tier, never was yet though obviously, at best, was in an all tier8 battle.

 

I was lucky to have a tier 9 AMX 30 so I had a good crew to pop straight in to it, even though, as you can see in attached screenshot, not all the skills are compatible. Actually vs an AMX 30 with it's 3k+ dpm this tank would get wrecked no doubt about it and vs most tier9 meds it will get wrecked 1 vs 1 all things even BUT, like I said, this tank is not front line stuff imo and I found it VERY effective poking ridge lines and supporting the team, not in a boring TD way but reasonably involving gameplay. The like of the new Polish heavy premium and the Italian Progetto(can't spell don't care to check) along with some other's would probably make this not most competitive tank and certainly is not noob friendly but I really like tbh.

 

Oh yes... don't confuse this tank for being a bad tank with getting a team of useless top tier window lickers. This is not the tanks failing but may expose it's lack of carrying ability.

 

 

How do i get that garage? 



Bennie182 #12 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54340 battles
  • 1,729
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

the 390 alpha is in my battles more like getting mostly low - average rolls. accidentally I get a good 400+ roll.

the gun depression is indeed fine, but needing to aim for soooooo long and still miss so many shots with 0.32 acc is just disgusting. like most of those shots are from about 100m away, which should make them easy to hit where I aimed. I have a good crew in it and use it as a support tank. getting mostly 1500 damage per game if I'm lucky. few times made it over 2k, like 2400. in other tier 8 meds with lower pen and damage per shot I'd easily get more then that.



tank276 #13 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50105 battles
  • 561
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
I dont find the Revalorise garbage at all either, on the contrary it is one of the few still playable t8 premiums even vs t10s.

Steel_Patriot #14 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 42862 battles
  • 502
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

The Ravioli is the BOSS of snapshots @ teir 8 , i love the thing . I don't have any problems with it at all apart from the crap MM @ teir 8 , but it still easily workable for me.

 



Edweird #15 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9800 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

View PostBennie182, on 26 August 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Is it just me or is this tank a total joke? more then 50% of my shots that are fully aimed and fully or mostly cover the enemy tank, just go into nowhere. .32 accuracy? *edited* this thing can't hit a barrel from 10m away. other players in it are allowed to snapshot me, while my snapshots go nowhere. yesterday I shot an IS7 on his drivewheel, to track and damage him. result: only track. am I the only one who gets this bull$hit rng every game in it? the statistics from my battles say I hit 78%, I don't believe that, as all the shots that are impossible to miss, just go wide. I have snap shot on 50% and smooth ride on 100%.

 

You'd probably complain if someone gave you free money because the notes weren't folded neatly...

 

 



Search_Warrant #16 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27235 battles
  • 6,367
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Rather play T-34-3 with some armor and preff mm

Edited by Search_Warrant, 26 August 2018 - 01:44 PM.


TungstenHitman #17 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 23272 battles
  • 4,215
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostKillingJoker, on 26 August 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

How do i get that garage? 

 

The ya go buddy

 

https://wgmods.net/996/



JocMeister #18 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23616 battles
  • 2,149
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostBennie182, on 26 August 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Is it just me or is this tank a total joke? more then 50% of my shots that are fully aimed and fully or mostly cover the enemy tank, just go into nowhere. .32 accuracy? *edited* this thing can't hit a barrel from 10m away. other players in it are allowed to snapshot me, while my snapshots go nowhere. yesterday I shot an IS7 on his drivewheel, to track and damage him. result: only track. am I the only one who gets this bull$hit rng every game in it? the statistics from my battles say I hit 78%, I don't believe that, as all the shots that are impossible to miss, just go wide. I have snap shot on 50% and smooth ride on 100%.

 

You only played 13 games with the Rev. Your DPG in it is on par with with your very best T8 tanks so I don´t know why you are so upset.

 



tank276 #19 Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50105 battles
  • 561
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 26 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Rather play T-34-3 with some armor and preff mm

 

Insert "no,no plz no" Steve Carell meme.

The gun handling is like comparing slings to laser cannons dude.



Solstad1069 #20 Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41019 battles
  • 3,220
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostSteel_Patriot, on 26 August 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

The Ravioli is the BOSS of snapshots @ teir 8 , i love the thing . I don't have any problems with it at all apart from the crap MM @ teir 8 , but it still easily workable for me.

 

 

This!

 

The tank itself is very good, but the mm is awful.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users