World of Tanks to Steam !

steam linux world of tanks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: World of Tanks in Steam? (19 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to see World of Tanks available in steam along with other linux native titles?

1. Yes. Steam + Linux native version would be awesome! (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Sort of. Steam would be convinient, but I'm not into this Linux thingy (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. I don't care while I can just download the game anytime I want to (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. Linux version would be great, but why do we need steam? (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

5. Naaa, no need to do anything. Windows + Standalone game is fine. (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Hide poll

Bert_da_Derp #1 Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32796 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

As of Steam is releasing it's new client for Linux, I wish to ask Wargaming Staff if there is ANY sign of releasing World of Tanks in the steam library just like World of Warships and if yes, then about when? 

With the new Steam Linux Client probably a native linux client won't even be needed because Steam does all the job for you. Soooo why not put World of Tanks in Steam?

Edited by Bert_da_Derp, 26 August 2018 - 05:46 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Going by WOWS etc. Or even AW. If they did take it to steam. It would only be for new accounts unless you modded it to work like that ofc "that would have to be redone for every micro patch". As they use steam login, not your WG login. And for some reason, valve don't want to connect a few million accounts to their system. So thus you make a new one via steam instead. So you can't use your account for it.

Thus why they really don't see the reason for it. The other games like WOWP and WOWS etc needed new players, so steam gave them a boost for a bit. WOT don't really need it. 

DarthPeter2015 #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7630 battles
  • [M4FI4] M4FI4

I need World of Tanks on Steam.I need to now my hours in game

Bert_da_Derp #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32796 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 August 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Going by WOWS etc. Or even AW. If they did take it to steam. It would only be for new accounts unless you modded it to work like that ofc "that would have to be redone for every micro patch". As they use steam login, not your WG login. And for some reason, valve don't want to connect a few million accounts to their system. So thus you make a new one via steam instead. So you can't use your account for it.

Thus why they really don't see the reason for it. The other games like WOWP and WOWS etc needed new players, so steam gave them a boost for a bit. WOT don't really need it. 

Wao. I didn't know that the accounts are not shared. However it can't be that difficult for WG to simply add a new database connection between steam accounts and world of tanks accounts where you can simply pair up the accounts so whenever you log in via Steam and start the game, the game check WG database, founds your account and voila. I'm pretty sure that is how WoWs works BTW. Haven't checked but if not, that would be very stupid. Even a beginner programmer can come up with this idea.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68025 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The issue is not with WG. It's Steam. If it was that easy, they would have done so. But Steam sees it as a hassle to connect WG accounts to their steam accounts for some reason. Why? Idk. But due to them having some kind of issue with it. Old mmo's or online games coming to Steam are mostly for new accounts only. As steam more or less demands you use their credentials to login to any game hosted on their launcher. 

Tho some games like Mechwarrior online and WT did manage to get Steam to transfer accounts. But they had small account number set when they did so. Not... a few million that I guess is the reason for it. When WT went from their own launcher to steam. I simply did use my WT login info one the first go. Then steam asked if I wanted to transfer my account to them. I did and that was that. But back then WT had like 10 000 players at peak hours across 3 regions. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 August 2018 - 06:25 PM.

Also tagged with steam, linux, world of tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users