Despite the whiners WG going into the right direction

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

catatpillar #1 Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20206 battles

Ashamed to admit it, because i love to whine too, but if we overthink what WG did lately they are doing hell of a job done!

And they are one of the few game companies that are listening to their customers. I play/ed another games in which developers read community  suggestions and doing totally opposite things like they just don't give a [edited].

Not only WG surprised us with new graphic engine and now the game looks amazing, and better than ever, but they actually implement some of the suggestions and whining going on in the forum.

Ofcourse they can't satisfy each of our demands.

There is a lot more things to mention, but it will look like a wall of text. I just wanted the whiners (me included) to have some moment of reality check.

Personally i have never spent so much playing hours in WoT before.

kejmo #2 Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29167 battles

View Postcatatpillar, on 26 August 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

And they are one of the few game companies that are listening to their customers.

Stopped reading there.

CremeFraiche #3 Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ashamed to admit it, because i love to whine too, but if we overthink what WG did lately they are doing hell of a job done!

And they are one of the few game companies that are listening to their customers. I play/ed another games in which developers read community  suggestions and doing totally opposite things like they just don't give a [edited].

Not only WG surprised us with new graphic engine and now the game looks amazing, and better than ever, but they actually implement some of the suggestions and whining going on in the forum.

There is a lot more things to mention, but it will look like a wall of text. I just wanted the whiners (me included) to have some moment of reality check.

Just like politicians.

Throw you some bread crumbs in order to keep you satisfied...

Sfinski #4 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32016 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
1.0 graphic update broke more than it brought into the game. WG constantly ignores what players ask them to fix and bring crap like shop 2.0 into the game. WG is by far one of the most incompetent companies out there. They are greedy liars. 

Edited by Sfinski, 26 August 2018 - 08:04 PM.

evilchaosmonkey #5 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16682 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostSfinski, on 26 August 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

They are greedy liars. 

This, can't remember any single one of them telling the truth.  I can remember lots of them distracting, covering and outright lying.

WG is not taking the game in the right direction.  It does not regularly listen to its customers and in fact quite often travels in the entirely opposite direction.

This game has become immensely frustrating to play and I have absolutely no real idea why I still play it.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 26 August 2018 - 08:09 PM.

mani_GGr #6 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14329 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postcatatpillar, on 26 August 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

No it isn't. They keep reinventing the wheel (like new prem shop) and focus on adding new copy-paste content instead of fixing issues.

jack_timber #7 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34035 battles

And yet despite its, to some, apparent faults we still play and pay.

WG must be doing something right.

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 49263 battles

Its difficult to tell whether a company listens to their customers but wargaming do, but only when its obviously a problem for a lot of them.

They cannot buff nerf remove and add more arty at the same time so little has changed.

They appear to have listened to the protests over PMM but at the same time claim the 3 5 7 MM will take six months to fix.

Maybe they listen or maybe if enough suggestions are made its inevitable some will be what they were going to do anyway.

They certainly didn't go with my suggestion for PMM tanks maybe I will get lucky with my next suggestion.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 26 August 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

And yet despite its, to some, apparent faults we still play and pay.

WG must be doing something right.

I still play but I don't pay. Correction, I buy some gold to transfer crew and to buy some camo but so far as buying a premium account and premium tanks, no way WG. So long as WG give customers concerns the middle to complaints on broken *edited*, a game bereft of stability in terms of being constantly wrecked with newer even more broken tanks, 3 tier mm and a team kill system that actually deals with it by encouraging and allowing team killing once the guilty party turns blue instead of just turning blue and then next shot and your out, my wallet stays in my pocket and I 100% would pay for a premium and buy premium tanks too. But the gaming experience, while very much fun at times, is generally toxic for the above reasons to name but a few, so I just keep playing for free. 

Edited by NickMustaine, 27 August 2018 - 02:19 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

catatpillar #10 Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20206 battles

Haha, most of you who replied probably never played an MMO game in which US devs only want to extract money out of your pocket and COMPLETELY ignore the player base with years without releasing new content or something useful to spend your money for.

So far WG managed to extract the most i've paid for a game, so probably they are doing something good. And i have never purchased premium account.

Edited by catatpillar, 26 August 2018 - 08:28 PM.

CircleOfSorrow #11 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postcatatpillar, on 26 August 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Haha, most of you who replied probably never played an MMO game in which US devs only want to extract money out of your pocket and COMPLETELY ignore the player base with years without releasing new content or something useful to spend your money for.

So far WG managed to extract the most i've paid for a game, so probably they are doing something good. And i have never purchased premium account.

I play/have played other MMOs, and I agree; the premium tanks might be expensive compared to the cost of full games sold under a traditional model, but compared to other MMOs, I think WoT is the least exploitative and best value for money.  Most MMOs are burning trash, and I wouldn't play them if it wasn't for the social aspect.

Edited by CircleOfSorrow, 26 August 2018 - 09:24 PM.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Are you drunk or are you talking about a different game?
No idea how your perception can be THAT wrong...

LordMuffin #13 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postcatatpillar, on 26 August 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Afaik most of WGs later changes have been to the worse.

UI changes have been bad all over.

MM change, bad.

Light tank change, bad.

Arty change, neither good nor bad, didnt adress arty issues anyway.

Map changes, overall bad design and also, unfinished  (many hit box errors).

Implementation of bugs to sound and chat, not corrected after a year or so.

Good changes.

Graphics in 1.0.

Edited by LordMuffin, 26 August 2018 - 09:36 PM.

kaneAAA #14 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39033 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

To sum up this post 

"WG are great and amazing because - new graphics engine

I've said enough , there's also other stuff I won't mention

Analysis over."

Brilliant. Well I'm convinced.

CircleOfSorrow #15 Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 26 August 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Are you drunk or are you talking about a different game?
No idea how your perception can be THAT wrong...

It is weird how you are always challenging people's perceptions as being 'wrong'.  Why are you seemingly incapable of appreciating that the opinion of others may differ from your own?  

That is another thing; my experience with the MMOs since workmates got me to play them as a young man, is that they are played by a good cross section of the general population.  Men and women of all profession and personality types could be found among the ranks held by guilds.  It might be a persistent meme, but WoT imo has the most autistic playerbase.  I don't know what it is about the game that attracts those on the spectrum, but the forum constantly reminds me of this.

catatpillar #16 Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20206 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 26 August 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Afaik most of WGs later changes have been to the worse.

UI changes have been bad all over.

MM change, bad.

Light tank change, bad.

Arty change, neither good nor bad, didnt adress arty issues anyway.

Map changes, overall bad design and also, unfinished  (many hit box errors).

Implementation of bugs to sound and chat, not corrected after a year or so.

Good changes.

Graphics in 1.0.

And now ask yourself how many of those changes were asked by the community to answer yourself how much WG listens to their players.

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 26 August 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

WoT imo has the most autistic playerbase.  I don't know what it is about the game that attracts those on the spectrum, but the forum constantly reminds me of this.

+1

I was thinking the other day about what you get for your money in WoT and the other games i play, and i find less value for money in other games. By less you can understand below zero point to spend your money there, cos you got zero value.

I'm more willing  to buy premium tank which i can play whenever i want, to earn me some credits, rather than a sword i wont use in next expansion.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and see your opinion about that.

CircleOfSorrow #17 Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postcatatpillar, on 26 August 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

And now ask yourself how many of those changes were asked by the community to answer yourself how much WG listens to their players.

+1

I was thinking the other day about what you get for your money in WoT and the other games i play, and i find less value for money in other games. By less you can understand below zero point to spend your money there, cos you got zero value.

I'm more willing  to buy premium tank which i can play whenever i want, to earn me some credits, rather than a sword i wont use in next expansion.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and see your opinion about that.

I just started playing Elder Scrolls Online and that is some exploitative trash.  They have made entry significantly cheaper to bump player numbers without going completely free to play, and a monthly subscription is now optional, but the number of prods to spend money is unbelievable.  I'm now equally as entertained discovering the ways they have made the game try and gently squeeze money from the player as I am by the quests.  In comparison, you can play completely free to play without any problems in the lower tiers of WoT, and it isn't until the higher tiers where prem ammo becomes necessary does WG forcefully milk a player.  And even then, the free to play player has the choice of playing matches in the lower tiers to support their higher tier play.  And then players have options of spending amounts of money from nothing to whatever they want to piss away to Cyprus.  I see players with #closedwallet still playing WoT, and wonder if they realise how painful to impossible that would be in other MMOs.

Edited by CircleOfSorrow, 26 August 2018 - 10:38 PM.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 26 August 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

It might be a persistent meme, but WoT imo has the most autistic playerbase.  I don't know what it is about the game that attracts those on the spectrum, but the forum constantly reminds me of this.

That's unfair to autistic ppl tbh. These cabbages are so much worse than that I'd happily take 14 autistic players tbh. How pathetic is it, that an average gamer like me is something like 95% better rating than these? honestly, hand on heart, I am really average at this game imo and I can only put these players down to being genuine NPC programs... there's simply is no way what I am seeing has a real person sitting behind a screen controlling these tanks.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 27 August 2018 - 07:18 AM.

cragarion #19 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

You all complained about the graphics,

you got better graphics,

you all complained about the gameplay,

you got better gameplay,

you all complained about the maps,

you got more and bigger maps,

you all complained about arty,

you got nerfed arty you got fewer arty and they are going to reduce the numbers again,

you all complained about the old mm,

you got a new mm not thier fault it's worse,

you all complained about gold ammo,

you are getting changes made to gold ammo,

blah blah blah

NO THEY WILL NEVER GET RID OF PREMIUM TANKS THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY SOMEHOW, perhaps if you all started to pay to play.

WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16303 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 August 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

That's unfair to autistic ppl tbh. These inbred *edited* are so much worse than that I'd happily take 14 autistic players tbh. How pathetic is it, that a an average gamer like me is something like 95% better rating than*edited* ? honestly, hand on heart, I am really average at this game imo and I can only put these players down to being genuine NPC programmers... there simply is no way what I am seeing has a real person sitting behind a screen controlling these tanks. If this is a real person, PLEASE, never have children, do the gene pool a favor.  

Got my second warning for typing something like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users