Honest opinion on my gameplay please

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

cragarion #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44071 battles

Never watched the you-tube playback before i  posted it, my games not choppy like that i have perfectly smooth gameplay, don't know why the replay is like that.

:hiding: gets ready for all the snide remarks and nasty comments from all the trolls.

I start of heading west but after getting into position quickly realise the enemy are attacking east so take up a defensive position.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4513269#steppes-cragarion-strv_s1

Edited by cragarion, 27 August 2018 - 09:34 AM.

Vule777 #2 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23908 battles

I didn't watch replay yet but expect trolling.

Btw, if i may. from battle score i think that you had a lot of luck. Their team was bad. They had 1 bad arty and I think that was the key, if I were in that M53 you wouldn't be alive. I'm not bragging but look that bot, 51dmg, bellow him all 0?

You did great btw, but you wanted honest opinion. I don't know how you play it on daily bases but this one was luck if you ask me.

Sfinski #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31728 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Is it supposed to be that laggy? Do you play the game like that? Can't really watch that...

Vule777 #4 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23908 battles
Ok, i watched 2 minutes of that YT video...first of all, when Im playing TD from that spawn, most of the players are on east, so again, you had luck.

NoobySkooby #5 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13067 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Honest opinion, you are probably better than be:trollface:

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:06 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16425 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Firstly, two things:

-has the thought that that's too many mods ever crossed your mind? I mean, whatever, but wasn't the one where you see the direction enemies are facing considered a cheat mod? Is that possibly why the video is so choppy (do you actually play with that) or is it purely an issue related to the video.

-I'm not quite sure why you're running full Premium on a Swedish TD, which already has 288mm APCR Pen. Seems a bit of an odd choice to me but whatever, since though you listed in the description the whole Tier VIII MM Problem but even then I don't think that equates to FULL Premium.

Other than that, there's not actually THAT much to say. Your initial position is poor (you would be better going around rather than up and using that bush IMO, as you have no bush to help camouflage you and you can only really engage people who've already pushed that far ahead rather than those pushing or spotted in the back) though this doesn't really matter since basically no enemies go there anyway. Otherwise it's generic Swedish TD Gameplay for most of it, though around the 4:35 Mark I'm surprised you decided to go for the VK 72 After just aiming for the Conqueror and planting your shot into the ground in front of you, since there are easier targets to go for such as the Conq you could continue going for or the T-44.

For more than 30 Seconds the T-44 Is within your firing line but you ignore him and the Conq for the VK And when you finally do aim at him around 5:20 You completely flub the shot (I can't complain about that since aiming is one of my weakest areas but this shot was just absolutely questionable). With the T-44 Dealt with soon after you then again ignore the Conqueror to aim for the AMX 13 90 Who I'm not even sure you can actually aim at all from that position. That's really about all I can comment on.

If I'm quite honest, this comes off more as a "Look at this good game I had" rather than a genuine "Critique my gameplay" thread. Why just the one replay when a single game is never enough to critique someone's gameplay on? Why actually upload it to YouTube when anyone who's actually going to critique it would actually just watch the replay if that was all linked (I actually went and watched it through the replay to confirm my thoughts on the T-44 and Conq and yes, you could aim at them most of the time between about 4:35 to 6:00 Or whenever the Conq got killed by your arty) since atleast that way we don't have to sit through a choppy video.

Even then it's kinda an odd choice if you actually thought people will critique it. What's there really to critique? You go from Position A to Position B And then stay there the entire game farming damage, basically just what Swedish TDs do but still, this wasn't even a game where you yourself had to actually put much thought into anything. When I think of someone asking for a single specific replay to be evaluated I usually expect a much more dynamic battle where they have to make calls here or there and they're wondering whether people agree with them or not on it. The most you had to do was retreat twice because you got spotted.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 27 August 2018 - 05:15 AM.

Yaccay #7 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32807 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL
Full gold ammo loadout helps a lot.

Joggaman #8 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My analysis:

Full gold loadout - Very nice. I do the same myself. 

Gameplay - I have no idea, because I'm a noob. 

sgtYester #9 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54426 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

*edited*

u ignore to many enemy, and u dont aim, just ,ob the shell at the enemy and hope it will pen. nice track shot on that M103:facepalm: ...with gold...

Edited by NickMustaine, 27 August 2018 - 01:19 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

wiggles #10 Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34000 battles
'Not too shabby' or a better name: 'Way too modded'

jeffrey_mk2 #11 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12662 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

How can you play this game at so low fps , its really bad to look at and you also dont have a clean aim that way.
 Are you playing this on a real old pc ? Because my potato pc plays this 60fps most of the time and is already 8 years old (was a office pc) and I got some fps drop on certain maps , like 50 fps and I thought that was bad.

Next full prem ammo load out , why the hell would you do that ? Or do you have it because you're game isnt smooth so better just throw a prem ammo at them to have more chance to pen ?

First I would put down the graphics , are you playing hd or sd client ? I Always have the vegetation off when I zoom in for example , also all the grass etc is lowered in my settings , dont need that much grass.

About your playstyle there is not much to say about , first you drive to a point where you can't see or give support fire , then you moved to a spot where you got thrown tanks at you so you where just on the right place on the right time and had nothing to do with skill or something.

You at least are hitting targets, Ive seen a lot worse gameplay.

Also play the game without mods , you really dont need them. I once installed xvm back in the day , all it did was bring my fps down so I removed it right away.

All the info you need is in the game and just use your brain.

Edited by jeffrey_mk2, 27 August 2018 - 08:11 AM.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22172 battles

I couldn't watch more than a minute of that replay it was wrecking my eyes, what's with the 3 fps sort of thing? and DAMN that's a lot mods! Anyway, there's nothing much to comment on with these Swedish TD's tbh since you can only play them as sniper tanks and that's all you did no doubt.

From what I watched, you started by going the wrong side. When starting south spawn you immediately race to the hill on the west side line F-0 where you have pretty much and unimpeded line of sight over all that side, blind shooting the bushes on the far side too while your'e there. 

So you went from the wrong side for a TD to the redline hills south behind your cap which is broken*edited* and is a total killing field against an attacking team that won that flank. I've often turned 12-5 deficits from just retreating from the F-0 line to the redline hills, regardless of tank and just picking off enemy tanks as the approached so I'm not surprised you ran up some decent damage. An all gold layout... each to their own but 290 standard pen is OP as it is so when I play my UDES I rarely need the 2 key, can't actually remember ever using premium ammo with my Swedish cheese wedges actually. Boring tanks though. 

Edited by NickMustaine, 27 August 2018 - 01:11 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Edweird #13 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9617 battles

View PostJoggaman, on 27 August 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

My analysis:

Full gold loadout - Very nice. I do the same myself. 

Gameplay - I have no idea, because I'm a noob. 

Winning is so 2017 get with the times guys

Hes better than me

I couldn't agree more Jogga,

Its just a shame that you cant have gold in 3 all 3 slots

Losing is this years black

As you can see I'm getting really good at it very trendy 

250swb #14 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22631 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I only watched a few minutes because I knew it would degenerate into a 'look at me' replay. But two things, OK you went to the wrong place at the start through no fault of your own, but on top of that hillock is not the place for a TD on that flank anyway, it is second best. Go around the back to the other side of the hillock and into the bush. You are lower down, but you can see more, and especially a little later when the ridge becomes inhabited you can often see as far as C3,4, and 5 just by driving forward (if safe), not having to relocate when on top of the hillock because a big rock is in the way.

The when you took a good defensive position I think the bunny in your torchlight was the M103, but there were two other tanks out in the open that your team was fighting, I think these should have been the priority, the M103 would have to come out of cover eventually and then there would have been more tanks available to counter it. 

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22172 battles

View Post250swb, on 27 August 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

OK you went to the wrong place at the start through no fault of your own

Lol!... umm, who else's fault is it?

somegras #16 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 49011 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Full gold on a swedish td? What is wrong with you?

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 32608 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Where to start?

• Far too many mods, that give too much irrelevant information and slows down the game probably.
  • As others have pointed out playing on such a low FPS either shows either a poor PC which is just one of those things, or a good PC and someone with no idea how to set it up.
  • The fact that Bandicam was used to generate the video probably indicates a poor graphics card as decent cards come with their own capture software.
  • Pushing the two line is the noob push like the beach on Overlord. It's too easily held by the enemy, and once you win it you have to push across the open that can again be held by the enemy easily. The fact so few tanks went to the eight line, and the OP went to defend the two line told me all I needed to know.
  • That said, like in many games the stars often align and the enemy can throw themselves onto your guns. Which is pretty much what happened here. A load of random, poor decisions aligned in favour of the OP and he did 3k damage. I think I've done 5.5k and 3.5k in the UDES and S1 respectively and thought "meh....broken tank on the right maps with the right teams". But they're not a tank that can carry in all situations.
  • Too reliant on RNG for spelling. It's "Not too shabby", not "Not to shaby".

It's not exactly in the VsUK league of uploading a replay, but the best attempt I've seen for a while.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19460 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, there are my 2 cents.

1) fullgold + bad armour layout knowledge:

Look at the VK fight. You shot the frontal plate (300mm and more on the UFP)! Similar situation with the M103. The first time you focus on him you basically aim at a well armoured zone (half of the drive wheel is in front of the frontal plate showed in orange by the penetration indicator) while you had the full side with ammorack, engine, fuel tanks and just ~70mm of armour. 

You have bounced a lot of shell for being a full gold loadout, that should suggest you to better learn where to aim to be effective. You credit income will gain too. ;)

2) yoo campy: you get spotted twice and didn't relocated. You got lucky that enemy arty didn't aimed you or it would have been a back to garage ticket. None of the other enemy focused you, even after you get spotted. That's lucky again. I would have blindfired the bushes where you were lastly spotted if I saw a shell coming from there again.

Hammerhead20 #19 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

Too many mods.

Can't watch it because my eyes are hurt.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22172 battles

Anyone else see the comment some dude left for that on the wot replay site? I'll just leave it here 

*edited*

That's harsh, the guy at least successfully shot tanks repeatedly which is more than most do.

Edited by NickMustaine, 27 August 2018 - 01:02 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users