is it spam?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

resistance_isfutile #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4639 battles

in a battle 1 udes posted every reload time.

is it spam?

it can't be normal

wsatnutter #2 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24724 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
replay please

resistance_isfutile #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4639 battles

replay not available.

the question remains...

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21352 battles

No it's not, he is keeping you up to speed with his reload. Most the time you don't do it, unless a really slow reload tank but I would use it in tight battles where I genuinely do feel my remaining teammates should know that knowledge as to better gauge when to spot or push or support me etc and I would hope they would do the same for me, but the don't, especially arty. It would be nice to know they have another 15 seconds of reload left before I once again put my digital life on the line to risk spotting dangerous enemies and push positions only to find out they are not loaded... that's really f***ing annoying tbh and they really should be keeping their teammates updated with their reload times along with marking the map for a nuke. It's called teamwork, a notion rarely displayed in this game and as this thread displays, is more likely met with being reported for spamming or some other dumb sh** like that.

Edit- Arty, Auto-Loaders, Japanese super heavies, Shitbarns, any tank with a long reload time should be give a notification that they are reloading, it isn't spamming it's sensible and lot more battles would be won and lot more raging would be reduced if players did this. How often have you seen something like and AMX or B-Chat or T71, a TD, a Heavy camping behind a rock when you need help and you're thinking what total bot, but in fact he is reloading a mag or has a 25 second reload etc, why not just tap the reload notification key? Problem solved, then you wait, then you understand, then you work with the guy.... no... never in this game.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 27 August 2018 - 09:39 AM.

DarkPacifist #5 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26836 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

Do not forget to mention autoloadders' reload. How many times do autoloadders come with you when you push and then you realize that they are on reload and you traded your hp for nothing. On the other hand how many times have I made a push in an autoloadder with teammates aware that I was realoaded...

Communication is key in almost everything, from work to online games.

Maybe that udes wasn't displaying its reload always usefully but at least he gave information to its team (whether the team used this information or not is another topic)

PervyPastryPuffer #6 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30401 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostTungstenHitman, on 27 August 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

No it's not, he is keeping you up to speed with his reload. Most the time you don't do it, unless a really slow reload tank but I would use it in tight battles where I genuinely do feel my remaining teammates should know that knowledge as to better gauge when to spot or push or support me etc and I would hope they would do the same for me, but the don't, especially arty. It would be nice to know they have another 15 seconds of reload left before I once again put my digital life on the line to risk spotting dangerous enemies and push positions only to find out they are not loaded... that's really f***ing annoying tbh and they really should be keeping their teammates updated with their reload times along with marking the map for a nuke. It's called teamwork, a notion rarely displayed in this game and as this thread displays, is more likely met with being reported for spamming or some other dumb sh** like that.

This.

Tanks/arty with long reloads or clips should always inform their team of their reload time in tight situations. ...I do that, of course, common sense.

FizzleMcSnizzle #7 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4267 battles
Depends. If it comes in a weird can and tastes of [edited], then probably.

resistance_isfutile #8 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4639 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 27 August 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

Edit- Arty, Auto-Loaders, Japanese super heavies, Shitbarns, any tank with a long reload time should be give a notification that they are reloading, it isn't spamming it's sensible and lot more battles would be won and lot more raging would be reduced if players did this. How often have you seen something like and AMX or B-Chat or T71, a TD, a Heavy camping behind a rock when you need help and you're thinking what total bot, but in fact he is reloading a mag or has a 25 second reload etc, why not just tap the reload notification key? Problem solved, then you wait, then you understand, then you work with the guy.... no... never in this game.

i dint report him because i was not sure.

to a smart (hahahaha) person like you i wish a lot of "teammates updates"...

ciepa7 #9 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1177 battles

View Postresistance_isfutile, on 27 August 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

replay not available.

the question remains...

The dog ate the replay. Thats too bad. 

MeetriX #10 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20334 battles
He was using a spam mod.

SlenderMoose #11 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56401 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
All those auto-chat message are sooo frakking annoying! 
"Arty shot me for bla bla and is now reloading"
"I have been spotted bla bla"
"Get of my fire line you are blocking my bla bla"
"Im reloading for 2 sec bla bla"
I really cant give frak if some bot is spotted in the middle of prok in his type 5 diabetes.
So, yeah spam indeed! WG should ban mods like this at least for randoms!

Edited by SlenderMoose, 27 August 2018 - 10:02 AM.

DarkPacifist #12 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26836 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

Spam mod? just use a robot to hit the key every 5 seconds or so ;)

just like WG's antispam blocks you when you've been hitting your keys a little too fast (ping the map in scout then say help at the beginning of the game and see the "help" message has been blocked because you were too fast ^^ )

EDIT: without the replay one can't really say if it was a spam bot or not

Edited by DarkPacifist, 27 August 2018 - 10:03 AM.

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am broadcasting my reload 99% of the time unless i have a fast reload and don't have the mod. It's the least way of communicating with your team. Sometimes when somebody sees what you are doing they start to do it too then you know when to cover eachother or when the tank with that big boomstick is ready to fire another round into the enemy tank or tanks that are threatening you or arty announcing f.e. "4s until i hit that guy" then you stay the heck away if you can. Tbh i like it when any tank announces their reload then i know the player didn't go afk or is eating crayons.

MaxxyNL #14 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11345 battles

Mimos_A #15 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23248 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostDarkPacifist, on 27 August 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Do not forget to mention autoloadders' reload. How many times do autoloadders come with you when you push and then you realize that they are on reload and you traded your hp for nothing. On the other hand how many times have I made a push in an autoloadder with teammates aware that I was realoaded...

Communication is key in almost everything, from work to online games.

Maybe that udes wasn't displaying its reload always usefully but at least he gave information to its team (whether the team used this information or not is another topic)

I love the ones where you line up with someone to push, tell them you still got 20 seconds on your reload and they just go anyway 0.o

DarkPacifist #16 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26836 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

View PostMimos_A, on 27 August 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

I love the ones where you line up with someone to push, tell them you still got 20 seconds on your reload and they just go anyway 0.o

Yeah it sometimes happen and you're looking at them like:

"What are you doing mate?"

while they are being rekt by the ennemy.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Depends. If it's a mod that does it after every shot, then yes - that's definitely spam. Those mods should all get banned.

resistance_isfutile #18 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4639 battles

View PostMaxxyNL, on 27 August 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

hahahahahahaha. replay of your parents "creating" you or i didn't happen!

Steffin #19 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24502 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
If it is not useful for the team, it is spam.  You don't want 15 tanks posting their reloads all the time.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Not really, but those mods that does that are useless 99% of the time in randoms. The few times they are, you might as well stick to F8. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users