Bot clans?

bots clans

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

LepiSale #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48122 battles

Looking at a player's stats after the battle, I found he is a member of a curious clan. The clan (which I won't name 'cause you know) has 9 members and they are all pretty bad players, ranging from 1800 to 4700 PR, and 2500 to 83500 played battles. But what is most interesting, their clan commander's stats show he has 181 PR with exactly 1 (one) game played.

Is that normal? What do you think is going on here? How many more commanders and clans like that are out there?

Edited by LepiSale, 27 August 2018 - 09:43 AM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #2 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6265 battles
I have no opinion really. Clans are all very 2017.

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23017 battles

Ya you will see these failtoons a lot tbh. Never much understood it myself though and frown on it. If you're a clueless 43% win rate tomato how can it possibly make sense to toon with another or two other useless 43-45% clueless tomatoes? Blind leading the blind. Instead of sensibly looking for a helpful noob clan like the Dingers who have lots of good and experienced players that will guide you through the difficult learning period of this game, instead the create and encourage other clueless noobs to join their failclan then toon and just drag down 12 other players into a totally terrible experience and most likely a heavy loss, especially when they are tier 8-10 and as your 3 top tier players, it just ain't cool.

If you are bad alone, how can it ever make sense to toon with 1 or 2 other equally terrible players? What you have done is, instead of playing solo and chance getting 14 better random teammates, instead you have just guaranteed that at least 3 players, before you even get 12 others, are useless... so the failtoon, by clicking battle, have already made 20% of the team useless, and God forbid you should get not 1 but 2 failclans like I did yesterday a lot lol!!! I know I know "we play for fun! try that!" no... I go to the watch a match with the lads for fun, watch tv, lots of things and I play this game for fun too, but I never considered being a useless idiot at something ever fun, nor should you. So I will always fail to fathom how that is ever considered fun for ppl. "yay I did zero damage again and caused problems for my teammates by pushing and blocking and not spotting and accidentally shooting them" fun? really? only if you're trooling. 

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Phew....i thought OP was referring to the Dingers.

LepiSale #5 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48122 battles
BTW the mentioned clan was formed 2 years ago. By a guy who still has one battle played?
09:08 Added after 1 minute

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 27 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I have no opinion really. Clans are all very 2017.

This one is so 2016.

Xandania #6 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36678 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

So? Creating a clan costs less than an average premium tank. And using a straw figure as official clan leader is not that uncommon either. That way "stealing" the clan can be made harder.

Maybe it is necessary or not - my EVE online experience tells me better to be safe than sorry. Although we do not to thourough background checks in this game :)

(Our clan leader does not even have one game played if I am not mistaken)

DarkPacifist #7 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26960 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

I think this clan must be a fun-to-play clan, I mean the first clan I was in was that kind, we used to play only for fun (yes I was bad at that time, not that I am that good of a player now) like going in t2 to t4 light tanks in team battles or 7v7 tier 8 battles (or even in a full spg setup), that was fun for us.

And for the platoon...yeah we were garbage players and we should have ruined some games but there again we wer only playing for fun (I quitted it when I though about learning more of the game)

Edweird #8 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles
Well my clan could be considered a bot clan.

I gave up on trying to improve stats as I'm coaching a few of my real life friends.

They suck badly but I'm tryin to coach them in the basics.

Sure it's killing my stats but it's nice to see the game from a beginners point of view again.

The game is so much more enjoyable when you stop focusing on winning all the time.

In a way it's my way of saying I'm not falling for*edited*

Enjoying the game is what counts.

We have no power over the noobs.

Edited by NickMustaine, 27 August 2018 - 03:49 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Long_Range_Sniper #9 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 32955 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdiscontinued, on 27 August 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

The game is so much more enjoyable when you stop focusing on winning all the time.

Image result for confused gif

Yeah, because none of game economy, progress, missions, grinds or other aspects in the game are based on winning..........

Edweird #10 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles

yeah,

I gave up caring as trying makes so little difference with the teams these days.

I know when its me who fkd up and try to improve however, recently I know its not me.

its like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling to get a good game so its just easier to have fun and enjoy playing the game for what it is a arcadey tank sim.

i think 90% of players who don't visit the forum assume there is nothing that can be done about winning and therefore just ignore the stats altogether hence the 43% ers

I do often wonder if they have more fun than we do.

Im sick of focusing on my stats and avoiding tanks because i have crappy stats i refuse to seal club anymore i just have fun these days. If my stats suffer so be it i no longer care.

I'm not falling into the stats trap and the stat padding and gold purchasing to ease or massage my stats. Or raging at a team of people with chat off who decide to camp at the back of the map. its just not worth falling for that in my opinion.

I have very little experience playing any online games and only started playing in my late 30's I had around 4 titles on the PC/ Ps2/Ps3 im in my mid 40's and my reactions are slowing. So I think im actually doing rather well.

Never the less this game should not just be all about winning its a game hence the "fun" aspect.

I just wonder how "good" some peoples stats would really be if they hadn't had the luxury of pre powercrept tanks or the 3/5/7 MM at tier 8 or pre - the broken new RU lines.

Edited by discontinued, 27 August 2018 - 03:07 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #11 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 32955 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdiscontinued, on 27 August 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

yeah,

If you focus on winning the stats look after themselves. It's the same about doing damage. If you focus on that, the wins look after themselves.

If "fun" is clicking battle to generally donate your HP into XP for the enemy to use for their fun I really don't understand. There are many PvE tank games out there where you can have similar fun.

That doesn't mean that you can't enjoy improving as you're losing, hoping to eventually move over the server average winrate into a XP collector rather than a XP donator. Equally if winning 40% of your games through luck and RNG is enough fun then I suppose it's better than staring at a blank monitor.

Some tanks also are not suited to the current meta and players need to work those out.

There are literally a few very small things you need to do in order to get your winrate over 50% in this game, and they're not rocket science. 

Edweird #12 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 August 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

There are literally a few very small things you need to do in order to get your winrate over 50% in this game, and they're not rocket science. 

Maybe for you but,

I've tried everything i can think of and i still cant get over 50% the last two months have been the worst since i started in 2013 I play to the best of my abilities & trying to chase and stay above 50% really sucked the enjoyment out of playing,  This longest losing streak I've ever had and i know its not entirely all down to me.

I have come to accept that im not "good" at playing games and all the videos and tutorials still didnt help.

There are guys who've been playing for 6 years full time and I doubt i could achieve their level of game play in this life time.

Its an old game with some hardcore players, so many high tiered players are naturally owning all that comes before them. Seal clubbing the life out of the game and thus turning people away from higher tiered game play.shrinking the population and concentrating the issue so eventually only the best of the best at gaming will hang around.as anyone without unicorn skills will get repeatedly owned and leave or just say fk stats i don't care anymore

Edited by discontinued, 27 August 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 32955 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdiscontinued, on 27 August 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Maybe for you but,

Nope. Just general stuff any player can do and their winrate will rise.

• Try and avoid ever playing a tank without sixth sense.
  • Use rammers on your tanks, and then vstabs if it will take them. For medium tanks use optics/vents and for heavy tanks use vents.
  • Make sure your mouse settings are adjusted for sniper and arcade so that you're not all over the place when firing on zoom.
  • Max out your minimap to largest setting.
  • Raise your FPS as high as you can by amending the graphics settings.
  • Use small repair and small health packs with AFE on your tanks as an efficient way to avoid losing HP for minimal credits.
  • Finally, never go beach on Overlord, valley on Lakeville, city on Live Oaks, glacier on mountain pass, camp on Prok/Malinovka and generally help win all hills.

Players with sub 50% winrates will generally be hitting some or all of those bullet points.

Edweird #14 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles

Thanks for the info, useful stuff ill try to put some of it into practice, i'm doing most of what you say already but it seems like an uphill struggle.

Edited by discontinued, 27 August 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #15 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 32955 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdiscontinued, on 27 August 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Thanks for the info, useful stuff ill try to put some of it into practice, i'm doing most of what you say already but it seems like an uphill struggle.

You'd be surprised what random people on the internet know about..........

Also, learn spotting mechanics. Some of QB's videos are good for explaining this. Like the trick about moving forward, spotting from a bush, then moving back so that the bush becomes opaque again, but the enemy tank outline remains so you can shoot and massively reduce your chance of being spotted.

Also tagged with bots, clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users