Team kill Team damage Smurf Blue Penalty

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

trapsuutjiesEUad #1 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3262 battles
  • [SABB] SABB

I was recently turned blue for trying to unflip my platoon mate. I managed to ram him several times, doing a few HP of damage each time, and ended up on top of him, without turning him back around - eventually killing him, turning myself blue. I accept this punishment, but I feel this kind of punishment may impact negatively on the game, as some people might feel they'd rather NOT help an ally, because they're afraid of turning blue. In this light I'd like to make a suggestion to the game developers: When a player is killed by an ally, give him the option to withhold punishment. He will be able to judge whether it was on purpose or not, because he's the one that was damaged. This way the penalty system doesn't have to change at all, but people won't be punished for trying to do something good. Obviously if the damaged / killed player doesn't provide a response, the person doing the damage will still be punished as before.

Please let me know if you have had similar situations, of if you've ever refused to help an ally for fear of turning blue.

SevernaSnaga #2 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2451 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

I went blue trying to escape a fight, teammate(who decided to peak earlier and lost 60% hitpoints) was blocking my way out by 50cm( a bit more than width of a track.

I tried to fit there, resulting in flipping because of slippery rocks.

I fell on him sideways, and by the time i managed to get off him, both of us lost 150hp and i went blue.

It wasnt on purpose, and he said it was his fault(didnt saw me trying to go back) but i still went blue.

Maybe if killed/ damaged ally could make you blue if they think it was on purpose

Bordhaw #3 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11756 battles

View PosttrapsuutjiesEUad, on 27 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

I was recently turned blue for trying to unflip my platoon mate. I managed to ram him several times, doing a few HP of damage each time, and ended up on top of him, without turning him back around - eventually killing him, turning myself blue. 

That's why nobody helps. 

trapsuutjiesEUad #4 Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3262 battles
  • [SABB] SABB

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 27 August 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Maybe if killed/ damaged ally could make you blue if they think it was on purpose

That's not quite right. If the ally as the power to make you blue, lots of allies will abuse this. That's why I suggested give the ally who suffered the damage, the option to ignore whatever happened in that battle, for the guy who did damage to him. This way it won't affect the offending player's blue stats (if he keeps damaging allies, he'll still be punished) but he doesn't get punished unfairly when trying to help.

So my suggestion is that the damaged player has the option to disregard damage done to him, relating to the penalty system, but if he doesn't respond then the offending player is punished as per usual.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
OPs suggestion makes sense. Giving the tked player a tool to forgive accidental tks since the automated system doesn't see the difference.  

Also tagged with Team kill, Team damage, Smurf, Blue, Penalty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users