Bot users still around?

bot programme

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Alice_Shimada_Chan #1 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27748 battles

I will risk a forum warning, I will risk even ban, but I don't believe this is a human player. I believe this is somebody who installed a game, created acc, and then was using some bot program to grind his tanks. I don't have a proof so don't believe me if you don't want but I met this "thing" in battle, in its black prince. Was afk whole time and towards the end when he got shot by enemy this bot moved forward and crashed into nearest building.

And I don't mean superbad players, I mean real bot. Even by looking at really bad players you can see they are humans, they just dont play well, but you can mostly recognize human and bot by their behavior, moving, ...

Wrinkly #2 Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45411 battles
Bots can drive around like any other player, while having a far better aim. This looks more like a troll account as one bot could not affect battles so much, they must be blocking / pushing out their own team.

kaneloon #3 Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27899 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Maybe some poor mentally disable guy, that someone put in front of a game that relieves him.

I don't see some dark motivation behind that.

_Sensation_ #4 Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6910 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

How do you mean ''still''? 

There are more bots In this game than ever before, or It's braindead people but If so much people are really that *edit bad playing a videogame my faith in humanity is lost

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 28 August 2018 - 04:07 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Jigabachi #5 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Instead of creating s thread, send that information to support.

allthegoodnamesaretaken2 #6 Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6487 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN
Well I'm still here so evidently yes ;)

8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 65318 battles
Stumbled upon a tank that was afk in spawn 6 minutes in that suddenly came alive after being shot at, so yeah. And no he wasn't guarding base. He was literally in spawn position and had not moved at all.   

SevernaSnaga #8 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2071 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
Had same thing with enemy Excelsior. He was afk, when i shot him, he started turning turret and chase me with it. 

MeNoobTank #9 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11092 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

I was in a battle 2 weeks ago when I had a player in my team with 87k battles and 43% winrate and with a personal rating of around 1k.At first I wasn't entirely sure he was a bot because he was still moving and reacting to enemy tanks but very poor performance combined with his stats convinced me he was not human.... 

P.S: he was also following (chasing) with the crosshair the closest enemy tank even if it was under cover and impossible to shot at.

Other than that I never seen real bots, only bots in sense of bad players (like me:child:

Porc0_Ross0 #10 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58608 battles
  • [-CCI-] -CCI-
Yes. I caught a premium German T25 ignoring everything and anything. That was not a troll, was a bot pre programmed to move around the map at certain times.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66042 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No I suspect he is just 6 years old or really trash and way too passive. As there are plenty that sits on A1, and don't use their gun until everyone on his team is dead. As even a waypoint bot can see more then 86 average damage with that gun.  

I've seen bad players like that sure. But the "common" bot we were infested with back in the day? tbh no I can't say I have on that tier. You see them on tier 1 & 2 still, as they can get away with it there for longer. You can't do that on mid to high tiers. But just playing like trash or way to passive that is what goes for a bot today? That you can get away with sadly. 

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 28 August 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Had same thing with enemy Excelsior. He was afk, when i shot him, he started turning turret and chase me with it. 

The issue is that being afk for half the game, then going active late game don't fall under the idle penalty they currently have. So idle farming is not ideal vs how easy it was 6 years ago. Tho if their name is greyed out for a long time. It's not idle farming. It's simply a mod issue or the HDD bug that some still have. But if they are bad, then I doubt it will make much of an impact on their WR once they wake up. If they wake up in time that is. 

Vule777 #12 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23550 battles

If you get ban for this I will crap all over the forum.

Look warplanes for example, there is 90% bots.

Dorander #13 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17887 battles

There are always some bots, sure, but you can't prove from some statistics that somebody's a bot. In fact (as far as I can read what's on those screenshots as I don't speak that language) with statistics this bad, it's very probable that this is a human player.

What I find surprising is that people use the reasoning of "worse thus bot". However having seen a few people in game who reacted so mechanically that they made me think they were bots, these people always had the consistency you'd expect from logic operations rather than the unpredictable stupidity of human operators. Bot grinding relies on consistently doing a little, rather than frequently doing next to nothing. I'm sure that freely available bot programs aren't nearly as sophisticated as "NPC programs" that a developer might add to pad battles such as Warplanes when the player population is too low to properly sustain the game's battle availability, but the bots I've seen at least do something. They react to spots. They react to enemy proximity.

It gets especially weird when account stats are so low, that it suggests these bot programs have been getting *worse* over the years rather than better. How does that even work?

Vule777 #14 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23550 battles

View PostDorander, on 28 August 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

There are always some bots, sure, but you can't prove from some statistics that somebody's a bot. In fact (as far as I can read what's on those screenshots as I don't speak that language) with statistics this bad, it's very probable that this is a human player.

What I find surprising is that people use the reasoning of "worse thus bot". However having seen a few people in game who reacted so mechanically that they made me think they were bots, these people always had the consistency you'd expect from logic operations rather than the unpredictable stupidity of human operators. Bot grinding relies on consistently doing a little, rather than frequently doing next to nothing. I'm sure that freely available bot programs aren't nearly as sophisticated as "NPC programs" that a developer might add to pad battles such as Warplanes when the player population is too low to properly sustain the game's battle availability, but the bots I've seen at least do something. They react to spots. They react to enemy proximity.

It gets especially weird when account stats are so low, that it suggests these bot programs have been getting *worse* over the years rather than better. How does that even work?

I agree that we can't prove but warplanes is WG game as well, right? And there is proved that are most of the players are bots, not real people.

Dorander #15 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17887 battles

View PostVule777, on 28 August 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I agree that we can't prove but warplanes is WG game as well, right? And there is proved that are most of the players are bots, not real people.

I don't play Wargames but last I heard those bots are WG's NPC designed fillers for battle and they're pretty decent combatants. It's also neither a secret or illegal.

Vule777 #16 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23550 battles

View PostDorander, on 28 August 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

I don't play Wargames but last I heard those bots are WG's NPC designed fillers for battle and they're pretty decent combatants. It's also neither a secret or illegal.

I didn't said that is illegal. On other side, sometimes they can be annoying, but they are predictable.

ThinGun #17 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34654 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
I'm a bot.  Well, people keep telling me that, so it must be true.

xxTANK_Uxx #18 Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

• 1315 battles

Hello guys,

Thread cleaned up, let's just try to stick to forum rules so be constructive and:

- Be Respectful

• Show others the respect and good behavior you would expect to receive from them. Remember our forums are open for discussion to anyone playing our games.

- Avoid:

• Racial or Ethnic slurs

Wish you all a good evening,

xxTANK_Uxx

Vule777 #19 Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23550 battles

View PostxxTANK_Uxx, on 28 August 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hello guys,

Thread cleaned up, let's just try to stick to forum rules so be constructive and:

- Be Respectful

• Show others the respect and good behavior you would expect to receive from them. Remember our forums are open for discussion to anyone playing our games.

- Avoid:

• Racial or Ethnic slurs

xxTANK_Uxx

WOW, you are the best mod that I ever saw here. Why did you write that much? Do you think that bots will be normal? Bots will be bots.

ThinGun #20 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34654 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostxxTANK_Uxx, on 28 August 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hello guys,

- Be Respectful

- Avoid:

• Racial or Ethnic slurs

xxTANK_Uxx

ooookkkkkaaaaaaay.  So repeating some abuse that one has received is now a racial or ethnic slur.  Glad that's sorted out.  Wouldn't want to fall foul of that obscurity in the the future.

Also tagged with bot, programme

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users