Recently came back from a two year break, how to become better?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

anonym_IP4TPXQRkuKs #1 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

So I sort of quit WoT a couple of years ago and lost all access to my account and everything related to it during that time. About a week ago WG finally helped me get it back, but a lot has changed and I'm quite bad at the game now.

I find that people don't go to the same places in maps anymore, for example in Lakeville other HTs don't go city with me.

How do I git gud?

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22025 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Watch twitch streams to figure out how better players position and react to their teams positions. What you need to be doing is adjusting for new metas on maps. Certain maps have received big changes and as such the metas have shifted around. Skill4ltu is great to watch as he will decribe EVERYTHING he is doing, why he is doing it, and how it will reflect the gameplay. QB sometimes gives good tips if you can stand listening to him for long enough.

• Find your niche of tanks, and stick to them for a while as you familiarise yourself with new maps and postions, it's important for good play that you'recomfortable in the tank you're driving and confident of it's abilities (and weaknesses) as well as your own.

• Platoon with players who haven'tbeen away from the game, they can give you advice as well as giving you a solid group who can help youif you make a mistake. Sometimes having an extra gun you know you can count on makes all the difference when you make a silly mistake as we all do.

• Join the Dingers. Not all of us are great players, but we're an active community and we're all willing to help out whenever anyone needs it. I'll be streaming WoT tonight so you can join me there if you want and I can help give you at least some pointers.

anonym_IP4TPXQRkuKs #3 Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 August 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

• Watch twitch streams to figure out how better players position and react to their teams positions. What you need to be doing is adjusting for new metas on maps. Certain maps have received big changes and as such the metas have shifted around. Skill4ltu is great to watch as he will decribe EVERYTHING he is doing, why he is doing it, and how it will reflect the gameplay. QB sometimes gives good tips if you can stand listening to him for long enough.

• Find your niche of tanks, and stick to them for a while as you familiarise yourself with new maps and postions, it's important for good play that you'recomfortable in the tank you're driving and confident of it's abilities (and weaknesses) as well as your own.

• Platoon with players who haven'tbeen away from the game, they can give you advice as well as giving you a solid group who can help youif you make a mistake. Sometimes having an extra gun you know you can count on makes all the difference when you make a silly mistake as we all do.

• Join the Dingers. Not all of us are great players, but we're an active community and we're all willing to help out whenever anyone needs it. I'll be streaming WoT tonight so you can join me there if you want and I can help give you at least some pointers.

Thanks for all the tips!

I used to watch WoT streams quite a lot back in the day, should probably do it again. I guess the meta really has shifted quite a bit.

Dava_117 #4 Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKoyuri, on 28 August 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

So I sort of quit WoT a couple of years ago and lost all access to my account and everything related to it during that time. About a week ago WG finally helped me get it back, but a lot has changed and I'm quite bad at the game now.

I find that people don't go to the same places in maps anymore, for example in Lakeville other HTs don't go city with me.

How do I git gud?

Just and addition to what RamRaid said. HTs not going city in lakeville still are scrubs. 

Edited by Dava_117, 28 August 2018 - 07:29 PM.

Crasharr #5 Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16625 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH
Press 2

Balc0ra #6 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66533 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

With update 1.0. Most maps changed. That again forced people to play it differently. Tho Valley on Lakeville has always been "vital". So that won't change. 

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16236 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 August 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

• Join the Dingers.

???

The "Dongers"?

wsatnutter #8 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester