team damaged 2 times

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SevernaSnaga #1 Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

Was camping redline with my M4A1 Rev(we were playing assault defence and tank acts like TD), and 5 minutes in, we had 2 tanks on the ridge(Conq on 600hp and Super Pershing on 200) so i asked Conq to spot enemy M4A1 Rev so we could kill him before more enemy tanks come.

He rotated his turret, and shot me. M4A1 rushed him and killed him(something else probably hit him i cant remember)

3 minutes later, me and arty were alive, and he said in chat: M4A1 Rev camper!!!

after that, team arty decided to shoot me as well.

I did 1200 dmg(bad result but i could do more in this game), while Conq and Arty together did 1200(300+900)

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu...-m4a1_revaloris

I really dont get it why, i mean i did camped, but i cant(and i shouldnt) rush at enemies with paper tank while defending.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24665 battles

I'd have shot you just for that camo..!  :teethhappy:

I don't know why they shot you. Defence is the game, I don't know. I don't play that mode.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you what you did wrong/correct.

But that camo...

Homer_J #3 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Where's my tiny violin.

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 28 August 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you what you did wrong

Left assault mode on.

lumberjack500 #4 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22955 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostHomer_J, on 28 August 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Where's my tiny violin.

Left assault mode on.

Blake WHERES THE BLOODY VIOLIN (https://www.youtube....h?v=DO10nsD7Fkw context)

SevernaSnaga #5 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 28 August 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

I'd have shot you just for that camo..!  :teethhappy:

I don't know why they shot you. Defence is the game, I don't know. I don't play that mode.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you what you did wrong/correct.

But that camo...

I know you are jealous, bcs you didnt got it in time :P

Mimos_A #6 Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
I'd be quite triggered as well. Hanging back and being the invisible threat is one thing. Sitting on the redline doing nothing is another. You just let the WT IV farm them. You didn't shoot him, you didn't spot him you didn't relocate to get better shots, you just sat around in an ineffective spot doing nothing until it didn't matter anymore. He was probably already done with you being in a useless place doing nothing, and then you telling him what to do while not moving an inch to get better shots or a better angle pulled him over the edge.

Edited by Mimos_A, 28 August 2018 - 11:04 PM.

SevernaSnaga #7 Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostMimos_A, on 28 August 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

I'd be quite triggered as well. Hanging back and being the invisible threat is one thing. Sitting on the redline doing nothing is another. You just let the WT IV farm them. You didn't shoot him, you didn't spot him you didn't relocate to get better shots, you just sat around in an ineffective spot doing nothing until it didn't matter anymore. He was probably already done with you being in a useless place doing nothing, and then you telling him what to do while not moving an inch to get better shots or a better angle pulled him over the edge.

I couldnt see that there was cover  next to him because i was behind trees, i wanted to shoot, but was holding too much and i missed oportunity.

so i didnt get one more shot off? Is that good reason to get shot by someone who did 300dmg? And then by arty?

mjs_89 #8 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5345 battles
  • [95137] 95137

You sat in a spot where you had zero shots on the enemy for half the game while commanding others what to do. You were the textbook definition of useless. Not saying that this justifies team damage, but I can see why your teammates were a little frustrated with your playstyle in that game.

Next time try a better position, like the one your platoonmate took, work in a little damage and all will be fine.

General_Crisis #9 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14883 battles
So you thought you would come on forums to share your replay in order to name and shame.....pretty sure that is against forum rules.

Mimos_A #10 Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 28 August 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

I couldnt see that there was cover  next to him because i was behind trees, i wanted to shoot, but was holding too much and i missed oportunity.

so i didnt get one more shot off? Is that good reason to get shot by someone who did 300dmg? And then by arty?

It's not just that one shot that you didn't get off. If you play that position you need to punish people for threatening your team. You did not. You just sat there. You had poor shots, so you could have moved up or down the treeline to either get a better angle for shots as they peeked the conq or pressure the WTIV (especially when the jagdtiger was still alive). Of course, no excuse for team damage, but if you don't see why the conq wasn't happy with you I really don't know what you're doing at tier 8.

Edited by Mimos_A, 29 August 2018 - 11:52 AM.

SevernaSnaga #11 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

I didnt take my teammate position because of arty( we didnt wanted to be one next to another so we dont get double artied), and even if my position was bad, that Conq did 300dmg as top tier, and when i play top tiers, im trying to take frontline and use HP/armor/DPM to punish lower tiers, which our Conq didnt do.

If im definition of useless, then what is that Conq definition of? 

And for naming and shaming, you need to go to 3rd party site to see his name, so i dont see where naming and shaming is here in this post.

12:34 Added after 4 minutes

View PostMimos_A, on 29 August 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Of course, no excuse for team damage, but if you don't see why the conq wasn't happy with you I really don't know what you're doing at tier 8.

Well, my only experience with tier 8s is frontline, and my Win ratio and Wn8 in M4A1 Rev. show that i can handle myself in tier 8.

I see why Conq wasnt happy with me, but its not like he did better( he did have better position(one that M4A1 cant take), but he didnt know how to use it(spot for me and Rhm so we take enemy out and win that flank), so i dont see why would he shoot me.

xtrem3x #12 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32550 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

I didnt take my teammate position because of arty( we didnt wanted to be one next to another so we dont get double artied), and even if my position was bad, that Conq did 300dmg as top tier, and when i play top tiers, im trying to take frontline and use HP/armor/DPM to punish lower tiers, which our Conq didnt do.

And for naming and shaming, you need to go to 3rd party site to see his name, so i dont see where naming and shaming is here in this post.

Well, my only experience with tier 8s is frontline, and my Win ratio and Wn8 in M4A1 Rev. show that i can handle myself in tier 8.

I see why Conq wasnt happy with me, but its not like he did better( he did have better position(one that M4A1 cant take), but he didnt know how to use it(spot for me and Rhm so we take enemy out and win that flank), so i dont see why would he shoot me.

Damage is not important if it's too late to make it matter.

you could have done the same 1200 damage but at a more important time which could have helped win instead of loose.

0 damage, 300 damage, 1200 damage... It's all the same if it's done too late to matter

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Or it could be that the Conqueror could only do 300 dmg because nobody supported him.

You don't have that many games in the Ravioli yet. 

Mimos_A #14 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Whether he did better or not is pretty irrelevant. You are responsible for your own plays. You decided to sit around doing nothing, you actively contributed to a loss. You didn't even have to leave the treeline to be more useful, just moving along it to get better angles would have made a huge difference already. And even if he spotted for you, you didn't hit anything the first 4 times he poked to spot for you, what's gonna make that 5th time any different? Why should he bother if you just let him get shot in the side and let enemies poke over without punishing them anyway?

Again, no excuse for doing teamdamage, but you really ignored every opportunity to be more useful, people tend to not be too enthousiastic when you do that.

Edited by Mimos_A, 29 August 2018 - 02:04 PM.

SevernaSnaga #15 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostEnforcer1975, on 29 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Or it could be that the Conqueror could only do 300 dmg because nobody supported him.

You don't have that many games in the Ravioli yet. 

i often dont get supported when im top tier but i still can do damage, well, because im top tier. I have more HP, more DPM, more armor, if Conq is similar to Super Conq(even if it is worse tier for tier), he could have pushed that M4 and out DPM him.
13:30 Added after 4 minutes

View PostMimos_A, on 29 August 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Whether he did better or not is pretty irrelevant. You are responsible for your own plays. You decided to sit around doing nothing, you actively contributed to a loss. You didn't even have to leave the treeline to be more useful, just moving along it to get better angles would have made a huge difference already. And even if he spotted for you, you didn't hit anything the first 4 times he poked to spot for you, what's gonna make that 5th time any different? Why should he bother if you just let him get shot in the side and let enemies poke over without punishing them anyway?

Again, no excuse for doing teamdamage, but you really ignored every opportunity to be more useful, people tend to not be too enthousiastic when you do that.

i did played bad in that scenario, but game before i did 4k dmg and almost changed the outcome.

Im not used to play TDs(im trying in Su-85 and Jg Pz 4) , and im not used to redline camp and for that reson i dont know what are good positions there.

Mimos_A #16 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

i often dont get supported when im top tier but i still can do damage, well, because im top tier. I have more HP, more DPM, more armor, if Conq is similar to Super Conq(even if it is worse tier for tier), he could have pushed that M4 and out DPM him.
13:30 Added after 4 minutes

i did played bad in that scenario, but game before i did 4k dmg and almost changed the outcome.

Im not used to play TDs(im trying in Su-85 and Jg Pz 4) , and im not used to redline camp and for that reson i dont know what are good positions there.

The people that were counting on your support don't know and don't care about your 4k game you had before. They want you to do pew pew at the enemy team. And if you don't know, you can at least apply some logic and try instead of just sitting there watching other people get murdered.

It's all fine, it's just a game at the end of the day, but you can't be surprised that people get frustrated if they see someone do nothing all game who on top of that starts telling them to spot.

Edited by Mimos_A, 29 August 2018 - 02:40 PM.

SevernaSnaga #17 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2443 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostMimos_A, on 29 August 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

The people that were counting on your support don't know and don't care about your 4k game you had before. They want you to do pew pew at the enemy team. And if you don't know, you can at least apply some logic and try instead of just sitting there watching other people get murdered.

It's all fine, it's just a game at the end of the day, but you can't be surprised that people get frustrated if they see someone do nothing all game who on top of that starts telling them to spot.

Yesterday had a game in which only i went there alone with D max(3/5/7 me as Vk 30.01 P)

I took position of my platoon mate(where was Super Pershing) and D Max was in my position(we werent in platoon)

I got yoloed by AMX 13 57, and D Max missed both shoots into him, but was spamming "assistance on -------(AMX 13 57)"

I didnt shoot my teammate, i continued playing and died, D Max was more useless than me in M4 game, but i was continuing to play, not shooting my teammates because of ping/bad skill

Idk if i had ping in M4 game, but i usually get 200+ ping for 5 seconds every so often 

mjs_89 #18 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5345 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Maybe there were unspotted enemy TD's in the top-left corner that would have ripped him apart? Maybe he didn't want to over-expose himself and was trying to be a though target for enemy tanks?

What you did in wichever battle doesn't really matter here, does it? (also, the "almost" kind of kills your point anyways)

This whole thread is about one single game, a game where you did absolutely nothing productive. Don't expect a pat on the back for that.

Last time I checked, the Ravioli was a medium. Yes, it's no front-line brawler, but claiming it's a TD is a little silly. Also, your position was obviously bad. You could at least have tried to get better angles, there are a billion other bushes on that ridge after all.

Edit: To illustrate your mistake, I altered a comic I found online, hope it helps! (source: http://shencomix.com/post/154076918244)

Check the Spoiler :great:

Spoiler

Edited by mjs_89, 29 August 2018 - 03:21 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29784 battles

View Postmjs_89, on 29 August 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

Last time I checked, the Ravioli was a medium. Yes, it's no front-line brawler, but claiming it's a TD is a little silly. Also, your position was obviously bad. You could at least have tried to get better angles, there are a billion other bushes on that ridge after all.

It might officially be a medium but it doesn't have the armour, mobility or DPM to be brawling with anything. What it does have is a very nice gun so if anything he's not wrong playing it like a TD as it's kind of a medium/TD hybrid. That said if you're going to TD mode you should at least be shooting stuff.

Mimos_A #20 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 29 August 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yesterday had a game in which only i went there alone with D max(3/5/7 me as Vk 30.01 P)

I took position of my platoon mate(where was Super Pershing) and D Max was in my position(we werent in platoon)

I got yoloed by AMX 13 57, and D Max missed both shoots into him, but was spamming "assistance on -------(AMX 13 57)"

I didnt shoot my teammate, i continued playing and died, D Max was more useless than me in M4 game, but i was continuing to play, not shooting my teammates because of ping/bad skill

Idk if i had ping in M4 game, but i usually get 200+ ping for 5 seconds every so often 

Again, what happened any other game doesn't matter, he was sick of you during that game and let you know, he did so in a stupid and dumb way that is against the rules on top of that, but him being done with your crap was in this case completely understandable. I really don't care about your endeavors in other games, you posted about this particular situation, you get people's opinion about this situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users