Can WG sort these issues with camera view jumping about ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19188 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Issues with the camera view IMHO have started to become a pain in the neck. Firstly I don't use any zoom out mods, only the vanilla built in one. The problems seem to happen (ALWAYS AT THE WRONG MOMENT) when I'm in a built-up area, town or city buildings especially and a tank starts to come around to the side of my tank.

I'm in the current position of being either side scaped to the building or alongside a building. I'm in 3rd person view or behind slightly above my tank (Standard view). If a tank from the opposition decides to attack my tank by coming to the side of my tank, this is when I get into problems.

As soon as I turn my turret to engage the opposition tank my view jumps from behind my tank to above my tank looking down on it. Of course, this has to happen at that moment when you want to shot at the other tank, and then as always ends in me being hit, and depending on what power the tank is, either way, damages my tank?

Yet if travelling or up against the rock edges of the area my view doesn't get affected what so ever. Even at the beginning if you scope around your tank in 3rd view, the camera merely makes the other tanks around you either hollow or disappear altogether.

This I said IMHO and is getting worse with these higher resolutions maps, Why can't WG just have transparency in 3rd view as you turn your tank view. No, I'm not asking for buildings to be see-through when viewing at them, but only from your tanks view.

So my fellow players, is this an issue I can resolve via a fix or mod, or is it a case of don't get up close to buildings? Just as a point of view, if I put the zoom out mod on to my system would this resolve my tank view problems? I'm not a great fan of fighting from a view which is more GOD like ( Warhammer looking down on) than the current view, but if it's going to help then?

Please advise.

As always Respect to you, Cheers :) 

wolframio #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47913 battles
yes man, I have the same issue, I am f.. tired to enter in sniper mode and have my gun pointing to the sky instead of the perfectly aimed target that I had in 3person view.

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43682 battles
Given this issue was first raised when dinosaurs walked the Earth, I'm going to say 'No' they can't fix it. 

jack_timber #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 32961 battles
Same here right pain, would zoom out mod help?

FizzleMcSnizzle #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4289 battles
It used to be a real pain in the wotsit, but now I don't notice it as much. I suspect that this is because I mostly play small, lower tier lights and meds these dsys, and spend less time in towns.
I am more irritated by errant range compensation when aiming at ridgelines...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users