Jump to content


Campaign reward tank restoration bug

campaign reward stug iv tank restore bug

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Jagertron #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

Hello everyone.

 

After completing the first part of the campaign and getting the reward Stug IV some years ago i sold the tank.

Now trying to reacquire what is rightfully mine after so much effort i am unable to reposes .

One of my clan mates having the same issue and having sold both Stug IV and T28 concept in the past has acquired both tanks just by going to the campaign section - campaign rewards and simply clicking the buy button below both tanks.

In my case the button is muted (cant click it)

After contacting player support i was given the same treatment that everybody gets , typical msg and no solution.

Finally one guy suggested to me to post my problem here..

WHY should i even go in the trouble to do so ?

Obviously its an unfair bug of the game and should have been relayed to the proper team by the player support team , isnt that why they are there in the first place?

Players are treated very differently in this game because WG simply doesnt care to listen to their customers problems 

Why should it be so frustrating for me to get back something i put so much effort in getting in the first place while my clan mate can get with a simple click ?

 

Thank you for your time

 

Please live your comments so that this issue can be resolved 

shot_008.jpg

Angelo 


Edited by Jagertron, 29 August 2018 - 11:09 AM.


Geno1isme #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43376 battles
  • 8,180
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
The restore feature only works for tanks sold after 9.16 (if it wouldn't be bugged right now anyway) when it was introduced. If you sold the tank before that patch you're probably out of luck, unless you can find a generous support staff member.

cragarion #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles
  • 2,629
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

Just keep reopening your ticket and explaining the problem to them in very slow and simple terms don't use any complicated words, don't make demands,

Technically it is no longer rightfully yours you SOLD IT when you sell something you no longer own it and therefore have no rights to it, you used to be able to sell tanks and buy them back as often as you liked, but wot changed the system, then they changed it again later,

be nice and courteous and ask nicely explaining the situation.


Edited by cragarion, 29 August 2018 - 11:24 AM.


MaxxyNL #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11349 battles
  • 980
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013

View PostJagertron, on 29 August 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Now trying to reacquire what is rightfully mine after so much effort i am unable to reposes .

 

Since when is something you sold, still rightfully yours? :harp:



Kurat666 #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29814 battles
  • 305
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostMaxxyNL, on 29 August 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

Since when is something you sold, still rightfully yours? :harp:

 

True. But he should be able to buy it back for double the price he got selling it. Same rules as for the tech tree tanks should apply.

Edited by Kurat666, 29 August 2018 - 11:30 AM.


8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 67772 battles
  • 3,527
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I have tried twice with CS to get my StuG IV back, since it was sold before the change. We'll see how many requests one has to do before they realize that they would save themselves some time by just pressing a few buttons. :hiding:

Jagertron #7 Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

As you can see from the photo the tank is there since i got it i just cant click buy ....BUT... one of my clan mates re bought stug IV and t28 concept... just because he obviously sold them after patch 9.16... 

How is that fair?

The answer i got from the ticket is that i was right about and to open a thread here for the developers to see and fix, my question is why should i go through this process since they understand the bug !!!


Edited by Jagertron, 29 August 2018 - 05:02 PM.


sgtYester #8 Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54746 battles
  • 1,686
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

u sold  a special tank..   so now u righfully cant buy it back 

 

much entitlement detected



Balc0ra #9 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66618 battles
  • 16,645
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostJagertron, on 29 August 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Now trying to reacquire what is rightfully mine after so much effort i am unable to reposes .

 

It was yours by right indeed. But you gave up that right when you sold it and waited too long to recover it. You should have read the rules for tank recovery before you sold it. Fair or not. It is how they made it. 

 



psychobear #10 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19072 battles
  • 1,725
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

View PostJagertron, on 29 August 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hello everyone.

 

After completing the first part of the campaign and getting the reward Stug IV some years ago i sold the tank.

Now trying to reacquire what is rightfully mine after so much effort i am unable to reposes .

One of my clan mates having the same issue and having sold both Stug IV and T28 concept in the past has acquired both tanks just by going to the campaign section - campaign rewards and simply clicking the buy button below both tanks.

In my case the button is muted (cant click it)

After contacting player support i was given the same treatment that everybody gets , typical msg and no solution.

Finally one guy suggested to me to post my problem here..

WHY should i even go in the trouble to do so ?

Obviously its an unfair bug of the game and should have been relayed to the proper team by the player support team , isnt that why they are there in the first place?

Players are treated very differently in this game because WG simply doesnt care to listen to their customers problems 

Why should it be so frustrating for me to get back something i put so much effort in getting in the first place while my clan mate can get with a simple click ?

 

Thank you for your time

 

Please live your comments so that this issue can be resolved 

shot_008.jpg

Angelo 

 

As far as i know, PM reward tanks cannot be recovered, and most likely you got a warning message telling you this when you sold it. I've traded in one of the reward tanks and the message was there, warning me before finalizing the action. If you're sure you didn't get the warning, then contact support, but i would say it's a waste of their time, as well as yours.

Jagertron #11 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:39 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

One of my clan mates re bought both stug and t28 through this feature .... so ?

It was ok for him and not for others?



DeadLecter #12 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24445 battles
  • 661
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
Well it works for me, I can buy it back but I wont because that tank is a piece of garbage that I never play so why let it occupy one garage slot?

Geno1isme #13 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43376 battles
  • 8,180
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostJagertron, on 30 August 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

One of my clan mates re bought both stug and t28 through this feature .... so ?

It was ok for him and not for others?

 

Life isn't 100% "fair", get used to it.

Jagertron #14 Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:12 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostGeno1isme, on 30 August 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

Life isn't 100% "fair", get used to it.

 

Very helpful comment ,  in that sense you should not do anything that happens to you in your life and you think is unfair !

xtrem3x #15 Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32590 battles
  • 1,490
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

You sold it so it's nobodies fault but your own.

Back when you sold it (before 9.6) there was no buy back program in place so you would have known you were selling it forever.

 

You sold it when there was no possible way to re-buy it and now you expect wargaming to waste their time restoring it for you... Entitled much :child:

I think it's unfair to them, not to you. Seems perfectly reasonable to me that they don't restore it



Geno1isme #16 Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43376 battles
  • 8,180
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostJagertron, on 31 August 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Very helpful comment ,  in that sense you should not do anything that happens to you in your life and you think is unfair !

 

All you do here is whining. What do you expect from that? Incite a riot to support your cause?

Jagertron #17 Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View Postxtrem3x, on 31 August 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

You sold it so it's nobodies fault but your own.

Back when you sold it (before 9.6) there was no buy back program in place so you would have known you were selling it forever.

 

You sold it when there was no possible way to re-buy it and now you expect wargaming to waste their time restoring it for you... Entitled much :child:

I think it's unfair to them, not to you. Seems perfectly reasonable to me that they don't restore it

 

But its fair to restore it for others that sold it after 9.6..... right ?

 

Since they changed the recovery status it should work for everybody

16:30 Added after 3 minutes

View PostGeno1isme, on 31 August 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

All you do here is whining. What do you expect from that? Incite a riot to support your cause?

 

Actually exactly that , that is what the guy from WG support suggested me to do ... and i quote their answer...

 

Hi Jagertron‍,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know about your opinion. 

Good day, Jagertron‍! and I hope this message finds you well. We look at every possible inputs from players, gamers and tank commanders to ensure the improvement of the game. For that, we treat suggestions and feedback gold since these information are always considered whenever future developments are being planned out. 

I am sorry if we are unable to grant your request this time. 
I highly encourage you to make a feedback via our Forums Suggestions Thread. Please know that our game developers checks this thread for ideas which they can consider including or updating in future updates. 

For other questions related to WoT PC, feel free to check out our 
Player Support Page. You may also find useful information and tactics from our WoT Wiki Page.

I wish you the best of luck and much success in the battlefield. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Jagertron, 31 August 2018 - 05:32 PM.


xtrem3x #18 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32590 battles
  • 1,490
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

View PostJagertron, on 31 August 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

But its fair to restore it for others that sold it after 9.6..... right ?

 

Since they changed the recovery status it should work for everybody

 

The rules before 9.6 were for everybody

The rules after 9.6 are for everybody

 

They changed the recovery conditions for everybody.

Nobody else gets to restore vehicles they sold before 9.6 so why should you get to? You're asking them to change the rules just for you.

 

If you park illegally and get a fine, then 2 months later the council make parking spaces where you were fined for parking do you think the fine will suddenly not apply to you?

Of course it will, because they weren't parking spaces when you received your fine. It's the same principle here... You sold your tank back when it could not be recovered. You made that choice.



Jagertron #19 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38642 battles
  • 16
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View Postxtrem3x, on 01 September 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

The rules before 9.6 were for everybody

The rules after 9.6 are for everybody

 

They changed the recovery conditions for everybody.

Nobody else gets to restore vehicles they sold before 9.6 so why should you get to? You're asking them to change the rules just for you.

 

If you park illegally and get a fine, then 2 months later the council make parking spaces where you were fined for parking do you think the fine will suddenly not apply to you?

Of course it will, because they weren't parking spaces when you received your fine. It's the same principle here... You sold your tank back when it could not be recovered. You made that choice.

 

You did read the answer of the support .... or not?\

 

They .... told me to do this ..... you do understand that ..... or not?


Edited by Jagertron, 06 September 2018 - 10:25 AM.


Aimless #20 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 23456 battles
  • 2,601
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010

View PostJagertron, on 06 September 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

You did read the answer of the support .... or not?\

 

They .... told me to do this ..... you do understand that ..... or not?

 

For what I can read between the lines the "guy" (as if) told you to gtfo and post in the Suggestions thread of the forum (and not create an own thread in Gameplay). My guess is that you don't quite understand the phrases support employees (human or not) are forced to use. He just told you that WG doesn't regard your issue as a bug, but wishful thinking.

Edited by Aimless, 06 September 2018 - 10:35 AM.






Also tagged with campaign, reward, stug iv, tank, restore, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users