WG Introduce a leveling system like overwatch pls for your mm!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: potential improvement that could work (60 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is this a good idea for even mm?

1. Yes! (24 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. No! (50 votes [67.57%])

Percentage of vote: 67.57%

Vote Hide poll

DPM_Warlord #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8498 battles

I'll keep it short and sweet. I've had enough of playing with the same old 0-2.5k game noobies please just add a simple mechanic in which over time your level increase therefore your put with people with similar game time as you. It's a basic idea but world improve the gameplay for everyone a ten fold.

PLS share in anyway possible if you guys think this is a good idea. 

FizzleMcSnizzle #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4460 battles
Half the players in this game are rerolls. Not sure how this would be factored in.

K_A #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I voted for both because I could, but I think the idea itself is really just dumb, and I'm being polite by wording it that way.

Bora_BOOM #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22185 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Skilled MM system in this game as you present it is flawed.

Imagine this rating working for a year or two, lets say. You will be leveled with your enemies by your rating, say winrate. You play worse you get worse players, you play better you get better players. Eventually you will stop moving cause you will find your match. Which means you will get gravitated towards 50% wr. ( by rising your stats if you are bellow 50% or by dropping if you are above 50%)

If you change matching by WN8 you will still gravitate towards some middle cause you will not be able to do more damage cause enemies get "tougher and better". No more farming cause there are no worse players than yourself in your game. You will get equally "farmed" by others so you all get to gravitate. The better you are - better enemies you get, and your progress eventually stops when you are matched up.

At the end, good players will have their rating falling down and bad players dragged up. Eventually, players will have the same rating, or darn close to each other, regardless of how bad or good they play. Then skill matching will become obsolete and useless cause everyone has the same numbers to match. What then?

Edit: play Ranked battles. Your "problem" solved. Enjoy "the fun" of getting or losing chevrons  (or whatever they are called...)

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 29 August 2018 - 12:42 PM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
That will be the ranking which has my son destroying keyboards at the rate of three a week?  I don;t think it leads to less frustration TBH.

OreH75 #6 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47465 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
Good idea! I'm tired of playing with players that have played almost 10k battles but still have less than 50% winrate!

MaxxyNL #7 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
Voted for both. Why? Because i can! :trollface:

Balc0ra #8 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65967 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If this game has thought me anything. It's that battle count don't = skill or experience. There are as many 0K noobies as there are 15K on your team each time. 

But WG have said time and time again, they won't alienate any players by splitting the server into good and bad, or new and vet. 

Cobra6 #9 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you were even going to put some form of rating in it'd have to be based on either average win rate or something like PR.

Rating on battle count is stupid as I'd get to slaughter relative noobies all day as I have a "low" battle count but good stats. (And no I'm not a re-roll).

Cobra 6

eldrak #10 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46903 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

View PostBora_BOOM, on 29 August 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Imagine this rating working for a year or two, lets say. You will be leveled with your enemies by your rating, say winrate. You play worse you get worse players, you play better you get better players. Eventually you will stop moving cause you will find your match. Which means you will get gravitated towards 50% wr. ( by rising your stats if you are bellow 50% or by dropping if you are above 50%)

If you change matching by WN8 you will still gravitate towards some middle cause you will not be able to do more damage cause enemies get "tougher and better". No more farming cause there are no worse players than yourself in your game. You will get equally "farmed" by others so you all get to gravitate. The better you are - better enemies you get, and your progress eventually stops when you are matched up.

At the end, good players will have their rating falling down and bad players dragged up. Eventually, players will have the same rating, or darn close to each other, regardless of how bad or good they play. Then skill matching will become obsolete and useless cause everyone has the same numbers to match. What then?

Edit: play Ranked battles. Your "problem" solved. Enjoy "the fun" of getting or losing chevrons  (or whatever they are called...)

That's not how skilled MM works.

Go look at for example Dota2 for how a MM system could work.

Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22185 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Posteldrak, on 29 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

I must admit I have no idea how rating works in Dota2, so I cant say nothing about it. Although it is reasonable to accept that skilled rating is possible as a concept in video games, I can’t see what current numbers that we have in WoT might be used for skilled base MM. We have WR, PR, WN8, EFF and some more that I believe can’t be used as a measure (OP did suggest WN8). Some deep math or a complete overhaul should be done I am sure, otherwise we would have that in some form here on the forum already.

vixu #12 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42332 battles
I don't want to play only with good guys. I am not good enough.

LordMuffin #13 Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48094 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBora_BOOM, on 29 August 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I must admit I have no idea how rating works in Dota2, so I cant say nothing about it. Although it is reasonable to accept that skilled rating is possible as a concept in video games, I can’t see what current numbers that we have in WoT might be used for skilled base MM. We have WR, PR, WN8, EFF and some more that I believe can’t be used as a measure (OP did suggest WN8). Some deep math or a complete overhaul should be done I am sure, otherwise we would have that in some form here on the forum already.

It is rather simple in Dota 2 last time I checked.

You win against a similar skilled opponent team, you gain 25 MMR.

If your team has higher MMR then opponent, you gain less MMR on a win, if opponent have higher MMR then your team, you gain more MMR on a win.

And that's pretty much it for the rating.

Then they have a Matchmaker which tries to put 2 teams of similar combined skill together, where also the best players of both teams are of similar skill and the worst players are of similar skill, and then same for number of games.

Skill = MMR. 

Lately they inserted ranks, which I think is only a layer to get a cool badge when you reach a certain MMR point.higher MMR, cooler badges.

But is2is possible that it now also checks your performance on the hero and compare it to your average performance on that hero, and reward you more if you win and perform better and so on.

AliceUnchained #14 Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

You're barely a decent player yourself. Git gud, scrub. And sod off with these pointless, non-constructive threads.

Edit: I voted Yes and No btw.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM.

Killer711 #15 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1989 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Speaking as a bad player, I like to play casual, and enjoy the fact I can mostly ignore my awful stats. However adding this ranked matchmaking will add another level of competition that I don’t think will benefit the game. It will add pressure on people to climb ranks or whatever (I’ve never played over watch, so I’m not sure how it works.) I believe a dedicated ‘ranked’ battle is already in the game, so I don’t think making all battles ranked would be a good idea. How would platooning work, if a top player plays with a low player?

Also, the enemy should have as many noobs as you, so..

Edited by Killer711, 29 August 2018 - 07:02 PM.

Banelord #16 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 35473 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

View PostBora_BOOM, on 29 August 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Even if the winrate would go down to 50%.

IF the games tend to be longer than 2-3 minutes yolo rush fests. And everything that is unter 1000-1500 Wn8 get sorted out, so that i can play with actual human beeings, and have no people who play like bots. They can play in their wheelchair, wood or plastic league.

Then yes, I take that deal. Hitting me with a wodden plank or poking my eye with a stick isn't that kind of fun o me. (Or seeing the outcome of a match immediatly by the MM setup, or after a good minute of gameplay)

Nethraniel #17 Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13005 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So, Dota2 uses some low form of ELO Rating. Hm... As ELO is fine in principle, there is one major problem in WoT... And that is tank tiers. The Dota2 system is fine as long as all players play the same kind of matchup over and over again. If you spread that over 10 tank tiers, the system starts to struggle, because of the unevenly spread population. This would then result in very large differences in skill per team again. Or several minutes waiting time. 

unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17997 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Posteldrak, on 29 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Oops. posted before I noticed someone had answered my question.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 30 August 2018 - 06:48 AM.

LordMuffin #19 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48094 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNethraniel, on 30 August 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

So, Dota2 uses some low form of ELO Rating. Hm... As ELO is fine in principle, there is one major problem in WoT... And that is tank tiers. The Dota2 system is fine as long as all players play the same kind of matchup over and over again. If you spread that over 10 tank tiers, the system starts to struggle, because of the unevenly spread population. This would then result in very large differences in skill per team again. Or several minutes waiting time. 

Wouldn't need to happen. 

MM could make sure that top tiers are of similar MMR and so on.

Then you also, of course, remove the template system.

Nethraniel #20 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13005 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
But what with the other way around? High ELO players that go sealclubbing or something like this... It is not always top down, but needs also to consider low tiers and all other match setups. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users