Bring back the old ways

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Bring back the old days (53 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think xp and credits for a kill should be shared among the whole team

1. Yes (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

2. No (45 votes [84.91%])

Percentage of vote: 84.91%

Do you think the xp and credits for capping should be equal to the xp and credits you would get for killing the remaining enemy tanks, and shared amongst the team.

1. Yes (19 votes [35.85%])

Percentage of vote: 35.85%

2. No (34 votes [64.15%])

Percentage of vote: 64.15%

Vote Hide poll

cragarion #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

I don't know about the rest of you but i am sick and tired of the attitude of certain players in this game who play only for themselves and not the team, this is after all a team game.

I am sick and tired of losing battles because greedy little kids want to get all the xp and credits for themselves when out numbered and out gunned, instead of just spotting for arty so the team gets a win,

I am sick and tired of losing battles because greedy little kids want to kill all to get the extra credits and xp from the kills rather than winning the game for the team by capping,

I am sick and tired of greedy little kids ramming you tracking you or charging in front of you just to get the last shot in for that little extra xp and credits,

In the old days the xp and credits from a kill used to be shared amongst the whole team, it stopped all this greediness and kill stealing, and stupidity of trying to kill tanks instead of just spotting for others,

I think the old ways should be brought back everyone gets a share of the xp and credits from kills, unless you sit doing nothing for at least half the battle length,

i think when you cap everyone should get a share of the xp and credits from the cap,

and that the cap xp and credits should be = to the xp and credits you would get from killing the remaining enemy tanks.

Edited by cragarion, 29 August 2018 - 01:07 PM.

iuytr #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9873 battles
It's not a team game, it's 29 vs 1, but you are only allowed to shoot 15 of them.

CmdRatScabies #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 29 August 2018 - 01:57 PM.
This Thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.

Rati_Festa #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43808 battles
Trying to change peoples attitudes won't work. Changing how capping would be good though, I've always thought it odd how capping isnt really rewarded with bonus credits and most of the time you are just rebuked by your team.

FatigueGalaxy #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19288 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postcragarion, on 29 August 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

In the old days the xp and credits from a kill used to be shared amongst the whole team, it stopped all this greediness and kill stealing, and stupidity of trying to kill tanks instead of just spotting for others,

I think you played different WoT back then... It was always full of greediness and kill stealing, just like every other multiplayer online games. It's a competitive environment and nothing will change that. Even if you'd get nothing for getting kills, people would still go after finishing blows, just to have that "+1" next to their name and in the result screen.

Also, some XP and credits are shared among the team. Not much, just a small amount and it's like that since forever. Nothing has changed. For a simple reason: to not encourage afk/non-participation. If XP/credits would be shared, people would simply sit and do nothing and still get the same reward as the person who carried and won the battle. IMO greediness and "kill stealing" is far better than giving rewards to people who don't participate or are plain bad and can do barely any damage.

cragarion #6 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 29 August 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

I think you played different WoT back then... It was always full of greediness and kill stealing, just like every other multiplayer online games. It's a competitive environment and nothing will change that. Even if you'd get nothing for getting kills, people would still go after finishing blows, just to have that "+1" next to their name and in the result screen.

Also, some XP and credits are shared among the team. Not much, just a small amount and it's like that since forever. Nothing has changed. For a simple reason: to not encourage afk/non-participation. If XP/credits would be shared, people would simply sit and do nothing and still get the same reward as the person who carried and won the battle. IMO greediness and "kill stealing" is far better than giving rewards to people who don't participate or are plain bad and can do barely any damage.

It has changed actually you were not here in the beginning i was, they changed the way xp and credits were rewarded for kills, they also changed the way capping works.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcragarion, on 29 August 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

unless you sit doing nothing for at least half the battle length,

And that's exactly what the first suggestion would do. Reward bad play. Basically, you want to get XP. Get carried and camp the red line. And why carry if you are not rewarded for it? And the second suggestion would promote fast capping and 2 min games. As it rewards XP faster then spending 10 min killing the enemy team. 

As it is now, you get what you deserve. If you are greedy, you will get smacked for that too at some point. 

Homer_J #8 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29215 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcragarion, on 29 August 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

It has changed actually you were not here in the beginning i was, they changed the way xp and credits were rewarded for kills, they also changed the way capping works.

Not as far as I am aware.

Capping always got you next to nothing, and you were always awarded the credits for your own damage.

The only change was when they introduced a share of exp for spotting, exactly the opposite of what you say happened.

Igor_BL #9 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40411 battles
  • [GX] GX
I am sick and tired  of botard kids caping on Mines encounter in 2nd minute.

MaxxyNL #10 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles

No

No

:harp:

arnorwarrior #11 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15765 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Not as far as I am aware.

Capping always got you next to nothing, and you were always awarded the credits for your own damage.

The only change was when they introduced a share of exp for spotting, exactly the opposite of what you say happened.

This. Apart from spotting/tracking and a few number tweaks, the damage/exp for damage (you don't get credits for kills btw) have been the same since I started playing all the way back in beta.

Edited by arnorwarrior, 29 August 2018 - 01:44 PM.

Cobra6 #12 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You mean you hate people for playing the only way possible to maximize income for themselves?

The instances that arty will win you the match because of your spotting are roughly 1/15 battles, most of the time it's safer to do a rolling retreat while keeping the fire up and hoping the enemy makes a mistake or is dumb enough to come at you 1 by 1.

Cobra 6

Bordhaw #13 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11756 battles

View Postcragarion, on 29 August 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

I don't know about the rest of you but i am sick and tired of the attitude of certain players in this game who play only for themselves and not the team, this is after all a team game.

So someone who does all the hard work should share XP and credits with all those who do not a damn thing.... yeah like that's going to work. 

DeadLecter #14 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24487 battles

View Postiuytr, on 29 August 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

It's not a team game, it's 29 vs 1, but you are only allowed to shoot 15 of them.

This is the most accurate sentence that one could ever say about the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users