Jump to content


New Campaign Arty Missions


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ihateclowns #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31676 battles
  • 256
  • [TROP] TROP
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012
Do we really need to grind 4 artys to complete these new campaign missions. I have object tier 10 arty but looking at the missions it looks like im going to have to grind 3 more to at least tier 6 for the Excalibur and possibly to tier 10 for the 279. Considering some of the higher missions include tracking two tanks I don't see any other way of doing this. I'm not mentally strong enough to grind 3 arty's, I was barely able to grind the Russian line.

DarkPacifist #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26960 battles
  • 182
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
Can't we use orders to skip the arty missions?

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31180 battles
  • 2,140
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Tracking two tanks is an issue for you?... You don't need arty for that.

 

Unless you mean "stun".

12:38 Added after 0 minutes

View PostDarkPacifist, on 29 August 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Can't we use orders to skip the arty missions?

 

Orders from the previous campaign cannot be used in the new one. :(

xtrem3x #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32543 battles
  • 1,490
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

I havent checked yet but in the previous discussions people mentioned you only needed 4 nations arty for the secondary objectives.

Just primary objectives only needed 1 or 2?

 

I maybe wrong, just going by what I've read previously



Geno1isme #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43175 battles
  • 8,153
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

You only need arties for two nation groups: Alliance and Union. As you already have a russian arty you'll only have to grind an american or british one. Or use orders to skip the Alliance stun missions.



Balc0ra #6 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66537 battles
  • 16,578
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Depends if you care about secondaries or not. As for the main objectives on the first tank, you only need a tier 6+ US SPG for now that can easily do those missions. As stunning 2 in one shot is not that impossible for it on most HT lanes for the M44. And that's not a long grind if you, as you already have the tier 4 US by the looks of it. As Union has a stun objective as a main. But spotting and track assist count for it too. So you don't need an SPG for it "Union 8", even tho you have one. 

 

Secondary on the first you need a German tier 6 besides the US and Russian tier 6+. As they have a two missions to stun tanks as a secondary. Main is to destroy 30 tanks and to do damage. So no arty needed for it there if you don't care about secondaries for now. You also need the French tier 6 for one missions as a secondary. But that you can do via the AMX 12t you already have elited I presume? 

 

 

On the second and third tank on the updated list as of now. You need a US and Russian tier 7 and 8 to do the main stun objectives there. The other nations don't have stun neither as a main or secondary. So you don't need a 3rd or a 4th on those. 

 

 

So to summarize. You need the US line to do main objectives from tier 6 to 8 depending on the reward besides the Russian line you already have. And you need a German and French tier 6 for the first tank only if you want all the secondaries. But it's not needed for the tank reward.  

 

 



vixu #7 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42764 battles
  • 3,361
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
Hmm.... I hope they have discounts soon. It will cost some silver to get those things back.

ihateclowns #8 Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31676 battles
  • 256
  • [TROP] TROP
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 August 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Depends if you care about secondaries or not. As for the main objectives on the first tank, you only need a tier 6+ US SPG for now that can easily do those missions. As stunning 2 in one shot is not that impossible for it on most HT lanes for the M44. And that's not a long grind if you, as you already have the tier 4 US by the looks of it. As Union has a stun objective as a main. But spotting and track assist count for it too. So you don't need an SPG for it "Union 8", even tho you have one. 

 

Secondary on the first you need a German tier 6 besides the US and Russian tier 6+. As they have a two missions to stun tanks as a secondary. Main is to destroy 30 tanks and to do damage. So no arty needed for it there if you don't care about secondaries for now. You also need the French tier 6 for one missions as a secondary. But that you can do via the AMX 12t you already have elited I presume? 

 

 

On the second and third tank on the updated list as of now. You need a US and Russian tier 7 and 8 to do the main stun objectives there. The other nations don't have stun neither as a main or secondary. So you don't need a 3rd or a 4th on those. 

 

 

So to summarize. You need the US line to do main objectives from tier 6 to 8 depending on the reward besides the Russian line you already have. And you need a German and French tier 6 for the first tank only if you want all the secondaries. But it's not needed for the tank reward.  

 

 

 

k so its not so bad then, just need the other nations at tier 6-8 arty. Still prefer not to go near arty at all.
15:41 Added after 0 minutes

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 29 August 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Tracking two tanks is an issue for you?... You don't need arty for that.

 

Unless you mean "stun".

12:38 Added after 0 minutes

 

Orders from the previous campaign cannot be used in the new one. :(

 

2 at the same time.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66537 battles
  • 16,578
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postihateclowns, on 29 August 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

 

k so its not so bad then, just need the other nations at tier 6-8 arty. Still prefer not to go near arty at all.
15:41 Added after 0 minutes

 

2 at the same time.

 

Well, keep in mind that when you do the secondaries. The main goes up by 2x. So those missions without arty will go a bit slower. 

15JG52Brauer #10 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75604 battles
  • 552
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
The thing is, if you complete some of the other 15th missions with honours,you can get orders and skip the arty missions - and there are less arty missions to skip (order number wise) than for the 260 - so they have actually made it easier for people to not play arty and do the mission sets, if you think about it.

Vule777 #11 Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24370 battles
  • 1,573
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

How many arty missions is there, 4? For every stage 1?

 

If so then finish first stage with obj, then you will have 1 coupon (orders) and with it complete other stages, you will have 1 coupon after every stage.


Edited by Vule777, 29 August 2018 - 08:04 PM.


Homer_J #12 Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • 30,538
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Aren't they nearly all arty missions? :arta:

 

Track enemies - arty mission.

Damage heavy tanks - arty mission.

Damage medium tanks - arty mission.

Damage light tanks - arty mission.

Damage arty - arty mission.

Destroy enemy vehicles - arty mission.

Destroy modules - arty mission.

 

:hiding:



Vule777 #13 Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24370 battles
  • 1,573
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

View PostHomer_J, on 29 August 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Aren't they nearly all arty missions? :arta:

 

Track enemies - arty mission.

Damage heavy tanks - arty mission.

Damage medium tanks - arty mission.

Damage light tanks - arty mission.

Damage arty - arty mission.

Destroy enemy vehicles - arty mission.

Destroy modules - arty mission.

 

:hiding:

 

For me it is, but for you is only "stun".:trollface:

RenamedUser_555746413 #14 Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3093 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    06-13-2018

View Postxtrem3x, on 29 August 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I havent checked yet but in the previous discussions people mentioned you only needed 4 nations arty for the secondary objectives.

Just primary objectives only needed 1 or 2?

 

I maybe wrong, just going by what I've read previously

 

just 4 nations?

 

seriously, arty is toxic as wg admit and now we HAVE? to grind 4 lines

 

there is something wrong wth the designers at wargaming there really is



clixor #15 Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51816 battles
  • 3,070
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 29 August 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

 

just 4 nations?

 

seriously, arty is toxic as wg admit and now we HAVE? to grind 4 lines

 

there is something wrong wth the designers at wargaming there really is

 

Reading is hard? It's just explained that you DON'T have play 4 nations arty.



RenamedUser_555746413 #16 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:29 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3093 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    06-13-2018

View Postclixor, on 29 August 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

 

Reading is hard? It's just explained that you DON'T have play 4 nations arty.

 

not if you want to complete with honours




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users