Jump to content


Ping problems in 1.1

ping ms

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dr_Blackshark #1 Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11399 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    08-29-2015
Hey! Since the new patch my ping is garbage. Any other program, like discord, and third party apps show that my ping is between 20-30 all day, but in the game i have a ping between 150-200. And i'm not only experiencing a constant, little delay, as the 200ping would cause, but i have huge lagspikes as well. Anyone else met this problem or just me? If not only me, is it becouse the servers are not completely stable?

Balc0ra #2 Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,673
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 29 August 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hey! Since the new patch my ping is garbage. Any other program, like discord, and third party apps show that my ping is between 20-30 all day, but in the game i have a ping between 150-200. And i'm not only experiencing a constant, little delay, as the 200ping would cause, but i have huge lagspikes as well. Anyone else met this problem or just me? If not only me, is it becouse the servers are not completely stable?

 

Well then... run a pingplotter trace first. The route your data takes to WG differs vs what it might do to discord etc. 

 

And if it was the servers. Everyone would have it. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 29 August 2018 - 05:18 PM.


Comicus #3 Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3296 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-10-2017
I have the same problem! :-(

ilmavarvas #4 Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15640 battles
  • 420
  • [GURKO] GURKO
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014
Are you actually surprised that update broke something? It's more like how much they broke now when they release update...

Homer_J #5 Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29263 battles
  • 30,683
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 29 August 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Any other program, like discord, and third party apps show that my ping is between 20-30 all day, but in the game i have a ping between 150-200. 

 

You know it normally only takes me 5 minutes to drive to the supermarket but last week it took 16 hours to drive to Switzerland.

BKatt #6 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33310 battles
  • 466
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 29 August 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Hey! Since the new patch my ping is garbage. Any other program, like discord, and third party apps show that my ping is between 20-30 all day, but in the game i have a ping between 150-200. And i'm not only experiencing a constant, little delay, as the 200ping would cause, but i have huge lagspikes as well. Anyone else met this problem or just me? If not only me, is it becouse the servers are not completely stable?

 

Ive got the same issue today. Disappearing shells, rubberbanding etc etc.

So did my Platoon buddy.

Im gonna stop playing for a few days, Hope WG will have it sorted by then.



Homer_J #7 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29263 battles
  • 30,683
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBKatt, on 30 August 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

 

Im gonna stop playing for a few days, Hope WG will have it sorted by then.

If it is at WG's end.

 

Of course it could be something you can fix but since you can't be bothered we will never know.



Balc0ra #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,673
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBKatt, on 30 August 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

Ive got the same issue today. Disappearing shells, rubberbanding etc etc.

So did my Platoon buddy.

Im gonna stop playing for a few days, Hope WG will have it sorted by then.

 

Again. Run a plotter trace first. If it's not on WG's end. Nothing they can do about it. And if it was the servers. You would think more then 3 people would complain about it. It's a server run game. It's more fragile to packet loss vs other games that run more on the client. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users