Major

• Player
  • 15747 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Just made it.

Has several typos and the final bits are redundant so I omitted them:

TL DW; Vid 2

>Some mentions about the past tech trees

>They want to improve the Tech Tree, making it more cohesive, what leads to what, why it costs what it costs, to make them within the lines of their narrative.

>HE shells; "People aren't annoyed by HE shells. They are annoyed with the Type 4/5 because if you have a lot of money (credits, I believe), you get a damage buff

>Still about the Types, they say low Skilled players can hurt higher skill players with no skill and/or by accident, which makes the latter group go 'My Lord, I just got hurt real bad'.

>They are aware of the above and want to sort it out but they say they need to be careful about changing stuff. It's not just a matter of making changes.

>They want to clarify the thinking about the ammo types (not sure what it means). "What we should do and are doing is debating the ammo types. What are they doing, why do they do it, what they need to achieve, their differential, cost.

>"Hopefully, we'll get to sanity, not just on the Type 4/5 HE but in HE in general so players can see consistency and logic, and not just spend or press a instant win button.

>German tanks: are there any plans to update the German tanks? Did the Poles made it worse (?)?

A: There's a time where a tech tree starts decays. Other tanks come, the mechanic changes, the meta changes...

When you have a complicated tree, German, Russian, some extent american it can get quite daunting to get into them. We did a lot of Russian stuff

It's prolly time to check the uber trees and just make sure the narratives we wanna achieve with those tanks is still valid. Look what the tank is supposed to do and see how it's doing.

Some mentions about E 100 and what can be done to refresh it. The German tree is in need of some love and it's not new.

When we have a set the narrative of a tree we visit it.

>Any chance the E75 will get its on mini branch?

A: Not sure we need more Tier Xs. Or do you mean 2 Tier IXs? I think more Xs is the way to go.

>Any plans to buff Tier X you're looking as part of the process? All the bigger lines?

A: I think it's more important to sort VII and VIIIs. One thing that annoys people in MM is that IXs are balanced pretty strongly to be viable vs Tier X

Speccing that, leaves a big gap between the IXs and the VIIIs, if you're in a battle in a VII, there's some ground to catch to the VIIIs and more to IXs.The amount of VIIIs population, VIII prems, makes people want more PMM. etc What terrible Xs we get now?

Windy: In short, it's more important to balance those rather than meddling with Xs.

>What about the IS-4? It's worse than the IS-7

A: The IS-4 sits on the good survivability line. If you go that line, you're not gonna expect a super strong tank later on. The answer would be make VIIIs more pleasing. But that's my view. But our product group is good and (in short) they talk a lot.

>Is it possible to get special things with bonds (note that the in game shot tool tip states so. Check it yourself when you log in the game)?

A: Andrey [Surname] was on your stream and for him, bonds is his "baby" He is wanting to have something in the game that is matched with commitment (Windy: I interpret this as skill or persistance, YMMV) and he has his big long superplant with all these wonder things that bonds can do like customisations, vehicles, camo. All these crazy stuff sounds great but you need to let the system walk slowly and watch if you're gonna break something. Right now bonds belong to people who are agressive. Then you get bonds to these crazy things. Can you get to a bond shop and buy tanks? I don't see any reason why we wouldn't do it if everything pans out. Personally I don't see why we wouldn't put all the tanks we can't buy. Plenty of tanks I can't get.

>Balance: The TVP VTU is terrible. Is there anything you're gonna do? Like give an autoloader (Windy; Ph3lan mistook if for a Tier X, then a premium)

A: The Tier VIII? Oh, no. I agree. The Tier VIII is a pain. All tanks can't be great. Sometimes you'll be in a line with a tank it's not particular good. My concern in the American line is for example the M3 is, is not particularly good but if you somehow get through, you get the T1 Heavy. Not a good tank. Then the M6, not a great tank. Then the T29, until you get the 20mil (?) (Windy: I think he's referring to the 105mm) and the Mickey Mouse turret, you're still not getting anywhere and you still have to hide your body.

So that's 3 tanks in a row that don't have a particular playstyle.

The TVP 50/51 is a good tank, the T50... chats with Ph3lan ...I mean, if you go to the German line, the Tiger II is kinda painful (lol), the Panther II is kinda painful... If you get the Borsig, which is good.

The VK45 A: painful, but the VK 100.01P? What a monster that is.

If you go to the Russian line, the KV-4 is challenging. The T-44 if you don’t know what you’re doing is kinda challenging, the 416…

Sometimes you get around a tank to get a good tank.

The French line… is tough.

Mentions about the Brits, how good the Cromwell is at assault/flanker but it’s OK that other tanks aren’t good at Tier VI. Then compares it to other Tier VIs and mentions they are a joke, painful, etc.

Then some more gibberish and non-substancial stuff.

Zoggo_ #2 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27776 battles

Seems everyone is so fed up with Wargamings PR bs that it can't even get a topic going on the forum. If you want to listen to the Q&A with Paul Barnett (game director) its starts at 1 hour 10 minutes... 

I like a lot of what he says ( epecially lower tiers need to be buffed to perform better against tier 8) but I wonder how much his hands are tied by other directors/accountants at WG to actually carrying out the much needed vehicle balancing ?

It seems like it is getting on for two years since WG said they would balance lower tiers vehicles, but apart from a few lines, nothing has really happened. 

Pretty depressing when he points out how many under performing crap tanks there are - and yet still there they are, TVP VTU, VK4502.A, Churchill VII etc unbuffed.

WG want you to free xp through the awful tank to get the OP one but I wonder if this actually backfires and many people just give up on the whole line.

Anyhow here is hoping the next couple of patches actually address vehicle rebalance from tier 4 to 7 (and the forgotten tanks in 8). Not holding my breath though.

Edited by Zoggo_, 30 August 2018 - 08:29 PM.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29909 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
The T29 doesn't have a playstyle?
Oh no, you have to be hulldown in it?

The entire line was designed around being hulldown ffs.

Do they really not know how their own game was meant to work?

DuncaN_101 #4 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53005 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Since when is it news that WG wants you to free xp your way up the tech tree.
It means more money for them simple as.

Zoggo_ #5 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27776 battles

View PostDuncaN_101, on 30 August 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Since when is it news that WG wants you to free xp your way up the tech tree.
It means more money for them simple as.

Never claimed it was news. The question I was pondering was if this policy of having crap tanks on almost every line actually harms Wargamings income rather than make them money, with players just giving up on lines completely rather than grinding/free XPing through the frustration.

DuncaN_101 #6 Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53005 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
They say its not policy... But since 2011 they have done this with every line.

And its even worse now since there are hardly any modules that carry over anymore.

Simeon85 #7 Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostZoggo_, on 30 August 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Pretty depressing when he points out how many under performing crap tanks there are - and yet still there they are, TVP VTU, VK4502.A, Churchill VII etc unbuffed.

VK 4502 A got buffed fairly recently armour and gun handling IIRC. 

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 August 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

The T29 doesn't have a playstyle?
Oh no, you have to be hulldown in it?

The entire line was designed around being hulldown ffs.

Do they really not know how their own game was meant to work?

It's he more saying that the previous two tanks and the stock tank don't match the style of the T29? Plus the M103 and T110E5 actually struggle hull down because of their turret weakspots, the M103 has an overmatchable roof that is massive plus a cupola and then the T110E5 has the massive cupola.

The British heavy line is now the better 'hull down' heavy tank line, at least from tier 8 because all 3 have strong turrets, small cupolas and -10 gun depression. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48892 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

The same stale, gibberish and uninformative chit chat we get every time. It's a game with pixel tanks not a Chinese 5 year plan for crying out loud!

That slow way of thinking and decision making always reminds me of a funny story from the American civil war.

General McClellan, the union army commander, leading a force of about 170,000 men were marching and got stopped by a river. He called his advisors to discuss the validity of crossing the river arguing about its depth. That's when a Capt. Custer drove his horse into the river, turned back to the general midstream and told him "This is how deep the river is, general"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users