Tanks needed from different nations? (New Campain)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

Like others I don’t have high tier tanks in every nation, and before I do the research on what tanks I need from the different nations, I would like to ask if somebody else has done it?

Im not a collector, but I have a decent amount of tanks to use or rebuy, but I’m sure it’s some tanks that are better or maybe also needed to do specific missions.

So have anybody done the research on what tanks are needed from the different nations?;)

Thanks!

Edited by Grimmx, 30 August 2018 - 06:48 AM.

Hamsterkicker #2 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33565 battles

Like previously, you basically need tanks from each class to complete the missions sets. However, If you really need to economize high tier meds could probably do most missions including blocking damage, except the stunning which can be only done with arties..  

The next thing to understand is that the nations are bundled in 4 groups like russia and china (union) , germany and japan I(bloc), usa, uk and poland (alliance) and french , swedish, czech and italian (coalition). .

So, you don't need both a russian and chinese heavy or med. One will do to complete the Union missions set, etc.

Grimmx #3 Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostHamsterkicker, on 30 August 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

Like previously, you basically need tanks from each class to complete the missions sets. However, If you really need to economize high tier meds could probably do most missions including blocking damage, except the stunning which can be only done with arties..  

The next thing to understand is that the nations are bundled in 4 groups like russia and china (union) , germany and japan I(bloc), usa, uk and poland (alliance) and french , swedish, czech and italian (coalition). .

So, you don't need both a russian and chinese heavy or med. One will do to complete the Union missions set, etc.

Im sure I’ll just finish a good part of the missions just by playing the game, but I’m also sure it’s some missions are difficult or almost impossible to do without certain tanks from certain nations.

That’s the information I’m looking for I guess ;)

Edited by Grimmx, 30 August 2018 - 07:32 AM.

speedphlux #4 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43970 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

As someone with large garage and plenty of options to do those missions with, I find them rather grindy and not so pleasant at all. Played a lot yesterday, only finished one mission and thou I've made nice progress on the other 3, it feels like an annoying grind fest.

Problem also is the secondary objectives. While you can do 3k damage in 5 games with your Cromwell, it's much easier to get that with an M46 Patton for example. But the problem is. for anyone that doesn't have premium account, is going to suffer a nasty credits loss. Just last evening, while trying to complete that secondary objective, my "bank account" shrunk from 750k down to 200k credits. And no, I wasn't spamming gold rounds, but I did use some when it was needed. What is also bothersome, is that if you choose to complete a mission just on it's primary objectives and then later come back to it for the secondaries, any progress you may have made on those secondaries will be wipped clean.

I don't think we'll see many normal humans get the Excalibur before the Chimera is released. And don't even get me started on the "stun 30 different tanks" mission. Good luck to those that don't own Tier VI+ arties on all nations ... Bummer, which reminds me I'll have to buy back the SU-14-2.

MeetriX #5 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20334 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 30 August 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

... Just last evening, while trying to complete that secondary objective, my "bank account" shrunk from 750k down to 200k credits. And no, I wasn't spamming gold rounds, but I did use some when it was needed.

Did you hit anything?:trollface:

xtrem3x #6 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31966 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postspeedphlux, on 30 August 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

As someone with large garage and plenty of options to do those missions with, I find them rather grindy and not so pleasant at all. Played a lot yesterday, only finished one mission and thou I've made nice progress on the other 3, it feels like an annoying grind fest.

Problem also is the secondary objectives. While you can do 3k damage in 5 games with your Cromwell, it's much easier to get that with an M46 Patton for example. But the problem is. for anyone that doesn't have premium account, is going to suffer a nasty credits loss. Just last evening, while trying to complete that secondary objective, my "bank account" shrunk from 750k down to 200k credits. And no, I wasn't spamming gold rounds, but I did use some when it was needed. What is also bothersome, is that if you choose to complete a mission just on it's primary objectives and then later come back to it for the secondaries, any progress you may have made on those secondaries will be wipped clean.

I don't think we'll see many normal humans get the Excalibur before the Chimera is released. And don't even get me started on the "stun 30 different tanks" mission. Good luck to those that don't own Tier VI+ arties on all nations ... Bummer, which reminds me I'll have to buy back the SU-14-2.

I only play roughly 2-5 games a night, sometimes more at the weekend but not many more.

I don't plan to change this play habit just for the new missions, it will take a long time to grind the Excalibur, certainly not the time they want us to do it in to achieve the medal.

I prefer the look of the Chimera missions tbh

speedphlux #7 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43970 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

View PostMeetriX, on 30 August 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Did you hit anything?:trollface:

Says the 1k WN8 scublord ... Try playing Tier IX and X solo without premium account and tell me how much credits you earn. Specially on a loss. And there's plenty of those out these, because from what I judge based on your stats, you can't even pull your own weight, let alone carry a team of tomatoes.

MD_Titus #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [VNP] VNP
It'd be useful having a list of suggested tanks for each nation grouping, i know i'm a bit stuffed for the french/italian group because i've next to no tanks of those nations, or knowledge of what good lines are.

StinkyStonky #9 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27719 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I'm quite pleased with the diversity required in this new campaign.

When the T-44-100 marathon campaign came out I realised that other than Russian and German I had virtually no other tanks.  Certainly nothing over tier 6 and many nations with nothing over tier 3.

Since then I've ground at least one line in every nation and also have a tier 10 in every class (including light and arty).

So for me, it looks as though my multiple line grinding might have paid off.

There are only 4 lines that I'm not grinding (French TD, British TD (shitbarn) line, Chinese medium, Japanese medium).  For a long time I resisted the UK heavy line but as the Super Conq is now one of the most powerful tier 10s, I'm not "enjoying" the pleasures of the Black Prince.

MD_Titus #10 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [VNP] VNP
Black prince can be a side scrapey monster, but largely just crap. I also hated the welsh tank, or it hated me, bit now happily ensconced in the conq. It was not a happy start, 1 win in the first 15-20games was not an auspicious beginning but hauled back into a positive win rate now.

PowJay #11 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

I am fortunate that I have played every nation as soon as they start. One reason is to get the kills for Expert before no-one plays tier I and II again, but I continue the grinds in most cases. I am only at tier III for the Italians and tier IV for Swedish tanks. I have researched the UDES03, but it is not ready to play due to crew training and upgrade needs. I have the lkv 65. For the Coalition, I only have FIVE eligible vehicles ready to go. AMX 13 75/90. Bat Chat 25t. Ikv 65 and T-34-100 which I actually enjoy playing.

For the Alliance, I have 15 vehicles ready to play including two SPGs. I will not play any SPG for Honours (unless it really, really is worth it) but I will play them for the primary stun missions.

For the Union, I only have one Chinese tank eligible (Type-58) but I have 11 Soviet vehicles ready (no SPG)

For Bloc, I have only one Japanese tank available and I don't play it. I do have 11 eligible German vehicles, however. Again, no SPG.

The Coalition is the weakest as three of the eligible nations have been in the least amount of time. At least I do have a couple of vehicles that I really will be able to use for the Excalibur missions. I am not sure how I will get on later when the requirements are tighter. Badly, I guess.

Edited by PowJay, 30 August 2018 - 04:49 PM.

Schepel #12 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58426 battles

View PostMD_Titus, on 30 August 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

It'd be useful having a list of suggested tanks for each nation grouping, i know i'm a bit stuffed for the french/italian group because i've next to no tanks of those nations, or knowledge of what good lines are.

Honestly, just do either or both of two options: use premiums and tanks yo uare grinding anyway. Make no mistake, 99% of the missions, both old and new, is grinding. The new missions are a bit more 'honest' in that they make it a bit more explicit. Yes, you can min/max with picking 'the right tank', but up until the final set of missions you can do it with just about any tank you feel like playing.

Otherwise, heaviums and arty are 'must have'. (Which reminds me I really need to finish grinding all TX arty. Blegh.) 

MeetriX #13 Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20334 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 30 August 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Says the 1k WN8 scublord ... Try playing Tier IX and X solo without premium account and tell me how much credits you earn. Specially on a loss. And there's plenty of those out these, because from what I judge based on your stats, you can't even pull your own weight, let alone carry a team of tomatoes.

Sensitive type I see.

Learn to read. I'm 922 WN8 scrublord.

Grimmx #14 Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I looked over all the New missions and ended up buying VK 100.01 (P) tier 8 Heavy and the tier VII german light "Spic" to have the tanks needed to finish them all in the future. For blocking and scouting axis missions.

I started 1 arty tree to do the earlier missions, and it turns out that was all i needed. (US tier VII) So that was Lucky.

Im not sure ill bother with the secondary missions that much, only if its easy to do or comes naturally. It seems grindy enough without forcing it.

I still need some higher tiers grinded out to get everything done in the Italian and Swedish tree's, but i enjoy those tanks so i dont think it will be a problem.

In the Soviet and US tree's im set.

I guess what tanks that are needed will differ for everybody, depending on what nations you have focused on earlier.

GL all. Let the grind begin :justwait: 

Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60787 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
I like the setup for these new missions. In the end all missions are doable. It just takes a little longer. Certainly when you want them all with honors.

But thats not a problem. I do not need all rewards done in two weeks so I can whine when missions part three will come.

Tramp_In_Armour #16 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5645 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 30 August 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

While you can do 3k damage in 5 games with your Cromwell...

I'm glad you can. The most I've ever managed in a game is 2500. I was quite excited by this new campaign. The interface is clear and I understood what to do. Then I discovered you need Tier 6 minimum. I only have three tier 6 tanks, and it's my highest tier. Managed the first mission of killing twenty tanks (eventually), but 3000 damage five times? Not a chance. Oh well, I thought, it's only a secondary, on to the next mission. Turns out to be an arty mission but I have no arty (not a class I'm keen to play). Moved ahead to doing 10000 damage to TDs, but it's a bit slow, as TDs at my level don't have many hit points. But I've kind of given up on the new campaign - it's clearly designed for much better players than me at higher tiers. Seems like a lot of effort, though, to get a mere tier 6 TD. How good is this Excalibur? For the effort required, I'd want it to be awesome.

Quickybaby's review of the next reward tank, the Chimera, didn't make it look all that great. Which makes me wonder.

Wintermute_1 #17 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43804 battles
The only reason I grind a line from each nation is because WG like to make it a marathon condition once in a while. I guess theyve moved onto the campaign as well now.

Grimmx #18 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 01 September 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

I like the setup for these new missions. In the end all missions are doable. It just takes a little longer. Certainly when you want them all with honors.

But thats not a problem. I do not need all rewards done in two weeks so I can whine when missions part three will come.

Ill do the main missions first, i figure you can always go back and do the "for honors" later while completing other trees.

If it falls naturally ill do them offcourse.

I did the arty stun mission today, and that was really fast. Even got a Mastery in my tier VII arty. No appluds needed! :arta::hiding:

speedphlux #19 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43970 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 01 September 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm glad you can. The most I've ever managed in a game is 2500. I was quite excited by this new campaign. The interface is clear and I understood what to do. Then I discovered you need Tier 6 minimum. I only have three tier 6 tanks, and it's my highest tier. Managed the first mission of killing twenty tanks (eventually), but 3000 damage five times? Not a chance. Oh well, I thought, it's only a secondary, on to the next mission. Turns out to be an arty mission but I have no arty (not a class I'm keen to play). Moved ahead to doing 10000 damage to TDs, but it's a bit slow, as TDs at my level don't have many hit points. But I've kind of given up on the new campaign - it's clearly designed for much better players than me at higher tiers. Seems like a lot of effort, though, to get a mere tier 6 TD. How good is this Excalibur? For the effort required, I'd want it to be awesome.

Quickybaby's review of the next reward tank, the Chimera, didn't make it look all that great. Which makes me wonder.

Technically, you can. In reality thou, that requires a bit of crazy luck on your side and maybe an ammorack on an enemy tank from full HP.

It is quite the hassle that Excalibur. So far I've only managed to do 5 missions in total. All with honors, but who cares. Problem is, that once you complete the primaries without the secondaries, and you move to another mission, later when you come back to get the honors, you'll have to re-do the primaries as well, which kinda sucks big time. So I'll take my time and not abandon a mission just coz I've completed the primaries. With the pace of 5 missions per 3 days, I think the Excalibur will take me around 36 days in total, or just 33 days remaining. Considering the Chimera starts in 19 days, you catch my drift about no normal human being will be able to get the shiny medal for completing the Excalibur before that. Well played WG, well played !

Etre_ #20 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52304 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

You need arty for alliance (UK/US). If you had another that you used for missions, bad luck.  The other factions have arty missions but can be completed with other tanks also, or so I saw. Maybe I missed something.

Luckily I have the GC.

Edited by Etre_, 01 September 2018 - 03:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users