Premium ammo

pay2win premium ammo imbalance

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Ranzech #1 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7507 battles

So, can we get an approximate date of the culling of premium ammo rounds?

Kind of tired of invisible meds and lights penning me in a situation in which it shouldn't be possible.

iuytr #2 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9782 battles
I'm no expert but I believe APCR is a real thing and existed in real life. Whether it's relative costs and performance were the same I don't know, but it certainly has a place in the game. I'd rather WOT removed all the mythical tanks that never really existed.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRanzech, on 30 August 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Kind of tired of invisible meds and lights penning me in a situation in which it shouldn't be possible.

What situation are you talking about? Post some examples...

Simeon85 #4 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Sounds like a learn to play issue to me, don't put yourself in a situation where you are getting shot by tanks you can't spot, hardly a problem with premium ammo.

Armour is a tool to be used to leverage an advantage over the enemy, not to make you immune from getting punished due to your poor play. 

There is currently too much OP armour in the game, premium ammo actually goes a long way to addressing that imbalance IMO. I've played on the sandbox server with no premium ammo and it was a mess, you had Type 5s and Maus's spamming HE at each other because they couldn't pen each other and that pre-buff for both tanks, they now have more armour. I played a game in the Type 5 and just went and sat out in the open field on Malinovka spotted and got like 10k bounced. In another game I just drove at a load of lights and meds on Ensk and they all basically had to run away because they had no hope penning me.

In the current meta no premium ammo would be horrible, not only fighting the OP armoured monsters but also being -2. 

wsatnutter #5 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25099 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRanzech, on 30 August 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

see the name in red to the right

your done for m8

Ranzech #6 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7507 battles

View Postiuytr, on 30 August 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

I'm no expert but I believe APCR is a real thing and existed in real life. Whether it's relative costs and performance were the same I don't know, but it certainly has a place in the game. I'd rather WOT removed all the mythical tanks that never really existed.

To be honest I do not wish to debate whether "feature XYZ" existed / is realistic or not.
We are already in game in which one players controlls tanks who were operated by several people,

where super heavy tanks ignore logistics and simply teleport to the battlefield,

and in which - as You already mentioned - tanks that never existed fight historical ones.

View PostSimeon85, on 30 August 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Sounds like a learn to play issue to me, don't put yourself in a situation where you are getting shot by tanks you can't spot, hardly a problem with premium ammo.

Armour is a tool to be used to leverage an advantage over the enemy, not to make you immune from getting punished due to your poor play. 

There is currently too much OP armour in the game, premium ammo actually goes a long way to addressing that imbalance IMO. I've played on the sandbox server with no premium ammo and it was a mess, you had Type 5s and Maus's spamming HE at each other because they couldn't pen each other and that pre-buff for both tanks, they now have more armour. I played a game in the Type 5 and just went and sat out in the open field on Malinovka spotted and got like 10k bounced. In another game I just drove at a load of lights and meds on Ensk and they all basically had to run away because they had no hope penning me.

In the current meta no premium ammo would be horrible, not only fighting the OP armoured monsters but also being -2. 

I do not mind being out-played, when enemy player abuses it's mobility to out-manouver me and kill me using weakpoints.

I also don't mind being shut down by enemy spg or TD's who are designed to pen my angled armor from large distance.

But a med / light 2 tiers lower, who simply shoots me from long range without any regards to weakpoints, but instead abusing premium ammo, creates imbalance between camo and armor defense mechanisms.

Had there been a way to use credits to spot such a tank in such situation, just like that tank uses credits to pen me when he shouldn't - I've wouldn't mind really.

But alas, this is not the case.

fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31390 battles

Yes, I'd also like to get a date for the ammo rework. WG can we please get a date? :unsure:

Spoiler

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 30 August 2018 - 12:55 PM.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostRanzech, on 30 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

To be honest I do not wish to debate whether "feature XYZ" existed / is realistic or not.
We are already in game in which one players controlls tanks who were operated by several people,

where super heavy tanks ignore logistics and simply teleport to the battlefield,

and in which - as You already mentioned - tanks that never existed fight historical ones.

I do not mind being out-played, when enemy player abuses it's mobility to out-manouver me and kill me using weakpoints.

I also don't mind being shut down by enemy spg or TD's who are designed to pen my angled armor from large distance.

But a med / light 2 tiers lower, who simply shoots me from long range without any regards to weakpoints, but instead abusing premium ammo, creates imbalance between camo and armor defense mechanisms.

Had there been a way to use credits to spot such a tank in such situation, just like that tank uses credits to pen me when he shouldn't - I've wouldn't mind really.

But alas, this is not the case.

You got outplayed.

If you are getting easily penned by a -2 tank from the front in a heavy you are doing something wrong because most mediums and lights that are -2, their premium ammo is going to have worse pen than standard ammo of that tier, the main heavies you seem to have are tier 7s, well tier 7 lights barely have 150 pen on their premium ammo and most tier 5 meds have around 170 at best on their premium ammo, that is the same as standard ammo on your tier from most meds and heavies. 

So basically they were penning you like any tier 7 could and you have armour balanced around tier 7 penetration levels, so you can't complain as most tier 7 heavies when used and positioned correctly can bounce 150-180 penetration, especially at range where those APCR rounds will have lost 15-20mm of penetration anyway. 

Like I said armour is a tool, premium ammo is a tool, it's how you use them that counts. 

There are ways to use credits to boost view range, optics + binos both cost credits, as does using the food consumable. Loads of people don't use view range equipment and skills on their heavies then complain they can't spot anything. 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66525 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Around the time when you come to make a topic about all the super heavies your meds can't pen I suspect. 

DEADSNAKE2 #10 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6693 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 30 August 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yes, I'd also like to get a date for the ammo rework. WG can we please get a date? :unsure:

Spoiler

DO IT
If you take WG to a nice restaurant and treat them nicely they might start listening to us

:honoring:

Ranzech #11 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7507 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 30 August 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

You got outplayed.

I didn't got outplayed. I got out-paid, and there is a difference.

Simeon85 #12 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostRanzech, on 30 August 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I didn't got outplayed. I got out-paid, and there is a difference.

No you clearly got outplayed, couldn't handle it and came to whine about premium ammo on forums instead of analysing what you actually did wrong.

The majority of premium ammo whines stem from sore losers. 

mystikro #13 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30901 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postiuytr, on 30 August 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yes, but can we get some consistency please? Either this game is realistic or it is not. I constantly hear that WOT is not a simulation game, which means that it is not bound to having APCR, for example, in the game.

Edited by mystikro, 30 August 2018 - 03:33 PM.

wsatnutter #14 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25099 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSimeon85, on 30 August 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

No you clearly got outplayed, couldn't handle it and came to whine about premium ammo on forums instead of analysing what you actually did wrong.

this geezer above nailed it 9/10 lost one point for no mention of sprouts :trollface:

JCD3nton #15 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22232 battles

Remove gold ammo. Fix armor meta. Bring +1 MM. Problem solved.

We need a date before everybody quits this game. It's under 80k players right now and keeps dropping. Give us a date WG!

Edited by JCD3nton, 30 August 2018 - 05:21 PM.

WilhelmII #16 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33594 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View Postiuytr, on 30 August 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hits the nail right on the head, only those  that actually fought on the battle field in WWII with historical their true historical armaments and defences should be getting played in the game putting Myth or non production Proto's  with outlandish modules is a real gameplay killer.

FizzleMcSnizzle #17 Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6213 battles
Re the invisibility problem: I would suggest view range is the most important attribute in the game. I tend to put binos/coated optics on everything. I don't care if I lose dpm. I am rarely firing all the time anyway.

mystikro #18 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30901 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSimeon85, on 30 August 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Looks like your re-roll account needs some statpadding before you can be taken seriously. A player with 40% wr that has not reached tier VII talking about tier VII smells fishy. Come on, tell us, which is your gold spamming account? I mean, I can see that on your standard ammo account you're not doing so well. Pls share the stats for your premium ammo spamming account then.

signal11th #19 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37605 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Only issue I have with prem ammo is that it should be limited to a percentage of your total available rounds.

Edited by signal11th, 30 August 2018 - 04:36 PM.

mystikro #20 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30901 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsignal11th, on 30 August 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Only issue I have with prem ammo is that it should be limited to a percentage of your total available rounds.

This was proposed many times, and I think this is a good idea. 20% shall we say? I think that's enough.

Also tagged with pay2win, premium ammo, imbalance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users