MINSK Keep, Change or Remove

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: MINSK Keep Change or Remove (142 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should Minsk be kept as it is.

1. Yes (54 votes [38.03%])

Percentage of vote: 38.03%

2. No (79 votes [55.63%])

Percentage of vote: 55.63%

3. Other (9 votes [6.34%])

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

Should Minsk be removed altogether.

1. Yes (59 votes [41.55%])

Percentage of vote: 41.55%

2. No (75 votes [52.82%])

Percentage of vote: 52.82%

3. Other (8 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

Should Minsk be altered slightly if so how state in replies.

1. Yes (27 votes [19.01%])

Percentage of vote: 19.01%

2. No (90 votes [63.38%])

Percentage of vote: 63.38%

3. Other (25 votes [17.61%])

Percentage of vote: 17.61%

Should Minsk be altered a lot if so how state in replies

1. Yes (43 votes [30.28%])

Percentage of vote: 30.28%

2. No (83 votes [58.45%])

Percentage of vote: 58.45%

3. Other (16 votes [11.27%])

Percentage of vote: 11.27%

Vote Hide poll

cragarion #1 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

My personal opinion Misnk is to open in the middle and the buildings to tall down the sides, map seems to be great for med's and heavies ni the built up areas, but that's about it, open area in middle is perfect for scouting and arty and td's  and that's no one uses the middle because they are so easy a target.

I think the buildings either side should be shorter remove 1 or 2 floors,

I also think the middle should have a lot more cover with hillocks and hummocks perhaps some undamaged tanks to hide behind,

Silly me brain not working to tired did not need to add other to poll :facepalm:

Edited by cragarion, 30 August 2018 - 12:06 PM.

Bora_BOOM #2 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22237 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

My personal opinion is based on the fact I played a lot on it compared to others.

It is twice more relevant than those who have played it once.

It is an effing bible compared to the opinions of those who haven’t played it yet.

It is based on 100% win rate on all the games I have played on it.

On large sample of 2 the map is good.

With that much experience I will not bother to vote in your poll not to skew the results.

Instead, I will let you have the votes from the players who played it once or less.

That will be such a quality feedback that I expect WG to change that map not later than tomorrow.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 30 August 2018 - 12:30 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66073 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Middle is a mid to late game area. Tho going under the bridge has proven valid so far. Tho that said. I do love the 2 lane and the 8 lane town areas. It feels like a bigger Ensk if you will. Better for higher tiers. And once you win your side, then you bully via the middle. I've had some fun games on the 2 line even in my lights and then move up to farm HT's on from the middle towards the road area on the 8 lane. 

It's basically a better Paris. Instead of having the open field on north. They have it in the middle. So you don't camp two parts of the map and push one. But you push two and spot and flank the middle.

Tho again, it's too early to tell. As most are still not used to the map yet so see what lane will be used for what later etc. Take Glasier. I hated that early on. Kinda enjoy it more now that other players have found a good flow on holding the map vs just pushing the 8 lane road etc. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 August 2018 - 12:33 PM.

cragarion #4 Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 30 August 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

My personal opinion is based on the fact I played a lot on it compared to others.

It is twice more relevant than those who have played it once.

It is an effing bible compared to the opinions of those who haven’t played it yet.

It is based on 100% win rate on all the games I have played on it.

On large sample of 2 the map is good.

With that much experience I will not bother to vote in your poll not to skew the results.

Instead, I will let you have the votes from the players who played it once or less.

That will be such a quality feedback that I expect WG to change that map not later than tomorrow.

And what makes you think everyone voting has only played it once or twice,

you are not the only person on the euro servers who plays on the test server you know,

hell you have not even been playing 4 years unlike some of us Beta Testers that have been playing over 8 years,

and why would you think your vote is SO important that it would skew the results,

if you like the map so much you should vote for it because up to now everyone else is voting against it.

Bora_BOOM #5 Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22237 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postcragarion, on 30 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

And what makes you think everyone voting has only played it once or twice,

you are not the only person on the euro servers who plays on the test server you know,

hell you have not even been playing 4 years unlike some of us Beta Testers that have been playing over 8 years,

and why would you think your vote is SO important that it would skew the results,

if you like the map so much you should vote for it because up to now everyone else is voting against it.

Ah man, I was just trolling you. :P

OFC anyone can vote, I was just mocking the poll being there 30 hours after the map came out - which is FAR TOO EARLY to get any good feedback

Also, me not voting was just a part of the joke. Also, I did not like the questions, the answers require a lot games played on that map - that I don’t have (same as others probably).

And I haven’t played this map on test servers. I was just lucky to get to play it twice yesterday which is much cause there are many people that haven’t seen the map yet. Compared to them my 2 games played experience is epic.

And yes, I have liked the map, but that is as much as anyone can say about it without playing at least a dozen of times, probably more. Couple of games is enough to get a general idea what it would be like (not one or two tho), and we must agree it looks at least "good at the first glance" (which is something Province could not brag about).

The whole thing with the one day old map getting that many topics, comments and now a poll is simply ridiculous cause it is too early to judge it.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 30 August 2018 - 02:43 PM.

tank276 #6 Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50074 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Just played one more in the STB1, it is a huge mistake if all heavies leave the main town/built area and rush West.

Just lost cause of that reason, managed to snatch 4k combined though.

cragarion #7 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

So up to now,

Keep as is:                10

Remove completely:  11

Alter slightly:              6

Change a lot:             11

10 like it

28 want it changed or removed.

signal11th #8 Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36544 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Usual WG crap map... no different to every crap map they put out with "zones" for all tanks.. utterly pointless

Edited by signal11th, 30 August 2018 - 10:27 PM.

Easymeat72 #9 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23478 battles
  • [DUDE] DUDE

I'm in two minds about being why WG keep creating these new maps that appear (at least if you follow the forum) to be so woefully received and yet seem to replicate the same criticised elements in each, albeit with subtle scenery changes. Are they catering to a certain play style/player type, low ability, noob, camper, pay to win, or top tier OP heavy, to maximise interest and sustained revenue from those that pump funds into the company (without contemplating how this Ps off the rest of the player base, who ultimately get dissatisfied and walk away), Or are they really just not that smart about building maps that work for all tiers and give the opportunity at least for enjoyable games whatever the final outcome when in teams with an average spread of ability. I'm going to be generous and suggest its a bit of both BUT whichever scenario is true, neither bestowes great glory on the development team.

Yes, I know this is a commercial enterprise and money talks, but part of any business model is about being sustainable and creating maps that dumb-down game play is short-termism at best, even the wallet jockies will get bored after a while, I would suggest actually more quickly than those with a genuine like of the game, so now you end up with dissatisfied long term players and short term wallet jockies, so the player base erodes even more quickly.

The new Minsk map is (IMO) one of the prettiest but most useless maps to date. The whole middle ground is a killing zone for anything but fast and agile vehicles with totally insufficient cover/screening opportunities. Even fast tanks will come a cropper given the principal issue that both flanks are cover rich sniping positions. So you think great I will push to the West side through the corridor of buildings. Whoever wins seems actually quite pointless, because unless you are only wanting to gain a sniping position to cover the middle you can't really do a lot without pushing across that middle kill zone. That leaves the East flank, with no real ability to play clever and flank anything. It comes down, yet again, to a simple front to front slog fest. Whoever has the op heavy tank on this side, particularly with anyone who can use their ability to side scrape, autoloaders etc etc, will PROBABLY take the win. Yet another corridor map, slanted toward top tier slogging matches with the left or right struggling to have any influence on the corresponding other.

I struggle to understand how WG support a game that is at its very heart a team event by publishing maps that drive game play more and more down the road of individual combats, rollover that tank, then move to the next one etc, no tactics, no thinking, no exploiting movement.

I get those that would say its catering to the lower (lowest?) ability players BUT I challenge that. These corridors maps are no more fun for the lower ability guys (unless they are in the top tier :) ) and play style is defined by the map environment. SO WG make a good diverse map, with challenging positions and clever opportunities and the players WILL learn and adapt their play. Surely that's good for the longevity of peoples interest in the game isn't it and with that WGs revenue stream. 

To make it an enjoyable map would require a considerable rework of the middle ground, adding more meaningful terrain height irregularites, hard cover (building) opportunities and breaking up the corridor effect on each flank with fewer buildings OR extending those buildings into the middle ground. More radically how about making the map MUCH smaller by shrinking the central open space... My opinion....but we have seen this map formula too many times now.....No doubt Minsk will stay as it is....

Beltalowda #10 Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61728 battles

Played it once, can't really say if it's a good or bad map. What I can say is that we got two new maps and one reworked, one would think that after so much crying here for having not enough maps people would appreciate 3 new maps in rotation. 

PS: And it's not a Province style map so I am happy.

DuncaN_101 #11 Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53021 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Only played it twice so way to early to call it.

FizzleMcSnizzle #12 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4515 battles
I have also only played it twice... And surely, an extra map in rotation has to be a good thing, however iffy.
I loved both games by the way. I had no idea where I was "supposed" to go, so looked at the map and figured it out for myself. Six kills and five kills respectively. Was a much purer experience, and reminded me of a longstanding suspicion, that this game would be much better if elements of any given map were randomly generated each battle. Of course, this would cause much chagrin amongst those who have built WOT careers on learning the most advantageous positions, but so what.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Played it once, went middle in a light, did some spotting, had to watch the cross fire, got caught out by a Skorpion on some weird balcony area I wasn't aware of. Could also get some cross-fire shots into the heavies that went into that square/open area on the east.

Platoon mate seemed to still get damage by arty despite being under the bridge, so great WG coding there. 

So very initial impressions were much more positive than Paris. It seems to have two viable flanks as well, not just one. Our team kind of held/delayed the heavy side and then pushed the west opening up the flank options. 

Dava_117 #14 Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19129 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Isn't a bit too early to judge a map. I had not the chance to play none of the new maps! Wait a month and start the poll again. 

Dr_Oolen #15 Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21501 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

While i got this map more times than the new pilsen and the polish map i find it hardest to tell if the map is good or bad of those 3. Well, all i can really tell is that it sure beats paris, abbey, mountain pass, tundra, fjords and siegfried line.

Speaking of the maps i think the polish map might actually be one of the best maps in the game, unless some degenerate meta develops and settles on that map. And pilsen is way better than it used to be and might even be "ok/good" now.

speedphlux #16 Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44076 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Too early to call, but this one feels like a crap map.

I think WG should adopt new strategy when introducing new maps. Toss them into the Clan Wars pool a month before releasing it for the public. On high income provinces at that, so that we see top tier clans figure the map out first. I like the polish map so far, seems like an actually decent map, althou the west spawn has a little bit of an advantage. The reworked Pilsen I actually love, but it seems like people will take ages to figure out how to play, coz I'm seeing some dumb effin' crap people do on this map. Minsk, just feel like you're either in a Heavy and brawl it out near the square, or you sit and watch the fight for the most part, with the occasional shot here and there.

kejmo #17 Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28642 battles

Too early to call it baset on few times played on it...

...but it looks like another crap designed WG map. What a wonder. LoL.

Gootti_Kustaa #18 Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30800 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

At least one side has only one very small pit for arties to be in. Basically the pit is the size of a T92 shell splash area. I do know some people like to piss on arty, but WG please check on this. Arties get spotted way too easily and having just one very small position is terrible design for maps. 

Alternatively, dont MM arties on these maps at all, although that might just make arties too common on some other maps.

Anyhow, dont make stuff like himmelsdorf and minsk. At least playtest with arties from both sides.

signal11th #19 Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36544 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 31 August 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Isn't a bit too early to judge a map. I had not the chance to play none of the new maps! Wait a month and start the poll again. 

No really when its pretty much the same as every other map, built up areas for heavies and 60% of the map open and not useable
18:25 Added after 1 minute

View PostGootti_Kustaa, on 31 August 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

At least one side has only one very small pit for arties to be in. Basically the pit is the size of a T92 shell splash area. I do know some people like to piss on arty, but WG please check on this. Arties get spotted way too easily and having just one very small position is terrible design for maps. 

Alternatively, dont MM arties on these maps at all, although that might just make arties too common on some other maps.

Anyhow, dont make stuff like himmelsdorf and minsk. At least playtest with arties from both sides.

Lol arties get spotted too easy... how about we just remove arty.

Dava_117 #20 Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19129 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsignal11th, on 31 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

No really when its pretty much the same as every other map, built up areas for heavies and 60% of the map open and not useable

Still the meta didn't settle down. The only time I played here I got a positive feeling, even if I basically wondered around searching for a good spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users