Rather annoyed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

timbo2410 #1 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11043 battles

Well after a long long long time support have found the issue with my game crashes. This is after the following:

Internet connection speed an issue (upgraded to Sky fibre)

Internet packet loss (proved wrong and there was no packet loss)

Connection to server errors (no connection errors proved)

Multiple multiple multiple WGChecks and sending of error reports and logs (and each time a different person answered the ticket I would have to repeat the tests)

Then it was the install drive at fault (1Tb SSD) so installed to a different drive but it did nothing)

Then it was Asus Sonic Studio at fault .. so removed that (but still the fault)

Then I get a message saying that WOT doesn't work with current Asus/Nvidia drivers (for the 1080ti Strix) .. rolled back driver to January 2018 (still got crashes)

Rolled back driver to Novemeber 2017 (still got crashes)

Rolled back driver to Jan 2017 and no crashes yet. However I have lost HDMI audio on that particular driver. 

So after asking when the issue will be fixed ... we are working on it. I asked if this was the problem all along and not all of the above .. yes it was the problem.

I asked about compensation for all the time I have been unable to play and the reply was "all the people with this fault will be compensated automatically" .. ????????

So has anybody been compensated ???

Has anybody had the same fault ???

i would like to hear if anybody has

To solve this, all you need to do is uninstall the new drivers and install older ones. 

FizzleMcSnizzle #2 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6265 battles
Had real problems about a year back. It turned out that all of the connection issues were down to Sky Broadband. Sky denied all knowledge of a fault, but when enough people complained, they miraculously found a problem at their end.

Nethraniel #3 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13505 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Running my gaming rig, that I baught in March, always on latest drivers and I have a GTX 1080 G1 (8 GB) GPU with the newest Nvidia drivers. Never ever had any driver conflicts with WoT.

timbo2410 #4 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11043 battles
I realise that there is always problem solving with these issues and I don't have a problem with that (and going through the process), but when I'm told different stories depending on who you speak to in support. it becomes more than frustrating. All I know is, if I run latest GPU drivers Crash .. I can't even think how many times I have had to uninstall and re-install ... I even installed to a clean system with fresh SSD's and OS etc .. still crash. 
11:03 Added after 4 minutes
I have a Asus Strix 1080ti 011G Gaming and it runs everything I want at Ultra with no issues ... and there are no issues in game at any time ... just an instant crash that can be in game but mostly at the hangar loading. 

Robbie_T #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16489 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Never had problems with Wot.

Excellent connection... 10/30ms ...

Videocard drivers..dont know it always works and i update them once in the 3 months.

i play on 2 rigs

old rig :I7920 (first gen i7)

12gig ram

Asus gtx760 (2gig)

1tb Hdd

new rig: i9-7980XE
64 gig ram
2 tb ssd
nvidia  Titan Xp - 12 gig

both run without problems

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users