whats that why? street maintenance

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dava_117 #1 Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I want to complain about WG road maintenance service.

Today was playing my KV-4 a lot. Wanted to relax after a stressful day, so here it is. Got Siegfrid Line, standard battle and spawned west. After the countdown I lazily strolled to my favourite and trusty sidescrape corner, that earned me tons of steel wall and... wait... what is this?

what is this.png

why there is a scrap pile there? Too many arty hitting the roof made the building collapse? but then why isn't WG removing it? It competely ruin the corner. You can't use your track to absorb HEAT anymore, just the turret stick out. And, even worst, you can't punish the noobs who peak side on there, when you are shoting from the opposite side (where my barrel is aiming, just to be more clear). Plus is even annoying when you have to move down the road, cause it occupy the closer side to the wall, favouring the enemy tankers shooting from F6.

It basically add another hulldown position, usefull only in a defensive way, in a map that was already 70% based on hulldown. I'm glad you removed the cusp of death from the cliff on Overlord, but why touching this map?

End of the complain thread.

Dava117 the only forum Umarell

Spoiler

Edited by Dava_117, 31 August 2018 - 09:43 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30672 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
To make russian hulldown tanks even more impenetrable, that's why. :trollface:

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:06 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22462 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDava_117, on 31 August 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Dava117 the only forum Umarell

Spoiler

Very interesting!....I never knew that was thing, it's very unique.

How_hard_can_it_be #4 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40261 battles

Playing KV-4 in current meta with horrible MM after a stressful day? :thinking:

There are a lot of problematic spots on various maps, but this one doesn't bother me. Maybe because I have not used either of the spots ( your with the pile of rubble and on the opposite side ) for a couple of years now. I haven't even realized they added this pile of rubble until you mentioned it here.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 31 August 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Playing KV-4 in current meta with horrible MM after a stressful day? :thinking:

There are a lot of problematic spots on various maps, but this one doesn't bother me. Maybe because I have not used either of the spots ( your with the pile of rubble and on the opposite side ) for a couple of years now. I haven't even realized they added this pile of rubble until you mentioned it here.

I know it's not a first order problem for wot, and sure I won't stop to play for that, but it made me think. :)

Last patch, that rubble pile wasn't there. A few days ago used that same location, so they added it now. This made me wonder why did they add it.

About KV-4, I'm just weird: the sound of high caliber shells bouncing off relaxes me! :D

Edweird #6 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8595 battles
To make it easier for noobs like me.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66042 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tbh I got why they put it up on most of the corners on that map. As it made holding that part of town way easier on some HT's now vs before. Like the one on the other side of the road vs the one on your image. As you got shot in the side via the gaps constantly trying to find targets there. So I never went there. Tho on other corners like yours, they should just have the rubble on one side so you can hulldown it. But at the same time have the corner clear so you could use the side up against the wall. As some HT's works better that way. 

As oddly enough, after seeing this topic last night. I had a KV-5 on my team a bit later complain about that corner the exact same way :P 

Dava_117 #8 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 September 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Tbh I got why they put it up on most of the corners on that map. As it made holding that part of town way easier on some HT's now vs before. Like the one on the other side of the road vs the one on your image. As you got shot in the side via the gaps constantly trying to find targets there. So I never went there. Tho on other corners like yours, they should just have the rubble on one side so you can hulldown it. But at the same time have the corner clear so you could use the side up against the wall. As some HT's works better that way. 

As oddly enough, after seeing this topic last night. I had a KV-5 on my team a bit later complain about that corner the exact same way :P 

Totally agree, both on the role of the piles and on the fact that it would have been better on the other side of the road, to leve the corner workable. :)

How_hard_can_it_be #9 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40261 battles

View PostDava_117, on 01 September 2018 - 11:12 AM, said

About KV-4, I'm just weird: the sound of high caliber shells bouncing off relaxes me! :D

I wish I had your patience to play KV-4 as it used to be one of my favourites.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 01 September 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

I wish I had your patience to play KV-4 as it used to be one of my favourites.

If you still have the crew, give it a try. Since the HD remodel it became quite better. Still a bit powercrept, but you may like it again. :)

If you don't have the crew anymore, then don't. Sometime it may be frustrating with a 4 skill crew, can't imagine to play it without them.

NineMonthsAndItsYouSadly #11 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45056 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

View PostDava_117, on 01 September 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

If you still have the crew, give it a try. Since the HD remodel it became quite better. Still a bit powercrept, but you may like it again. :)

If you don't have the crew anymore, then don't. Sometime it may be frustrating with a 4 skill crew, can't imagine to play it without them.

I have some spare HT Russian crew but not sure if I'm willing to put my sanity to the test. Whenever I see KV-4s nowadays I'm like " you poor little thing" and then the raping commences. Although the last buff to the gun aim time is kinda tempting, maybe it's a bit less potato.

EDIT: Sorry, this is my bro's account, forgot to switch to mine. I'm still How_hard_can_it_be

Edited by NineMonthsAndItsYouSadly, 01 September 2018 - 02:19 PM.

_Sensation_ #12 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6910 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
Lol It's cover to hide your lower plate? *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 02 September 2018 - 12:18 PM.
Provocations

Dava_117 #13 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Sensation_, on 01 September 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Lol It's cover to hide your lower plate? *edited*

I don't know what to do with a cover for LFP on KV-4. It's a sidescraper, not a hulldown tank. And, as I said, it covers all the hull sides, tracks included, that are useful to bait HEAT. The corner was fine for sidescrapers and punished noobs peeking side on. Now is another generical hulldown position fo IS-7s, Type5s and SConquerors. It's also badly designed because force you to circle it if you want to go down the street.

View PostNineMonthsAndItsYouSadly, on 01 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

I have some spare HT Russian crew but not sure if I'm willing to put my sanity to the test. Whenever I see KV-4s nowadays I'm like " you poor little thing" and then the raping commences. Although the last buff to the gun aim time is kinda tempting, maybe it's a bit less potato.

EDIT: Sorry, this is my bro's account, forgot to switch to mine. I'm still How_hard_can_it_be

Was carried away and almost forgot to answer this. If you have a particulary good day or some platoon mate to help if team is bad, give it a try. Or if you're just bored. 

I heve your same feeling when I see other players in KV-4 and it really makes me suffer see how bad can this tank be. But at the same time, in my hand or under UrQuan command (to name the only other person that plays KV-4 I platooned with) it seems a completely different tank. Behind a good sidescrape cover and support fire, it can hold on even some tier 10 while answering back (that's why I complained about the rubble pile and the suggestion of platooning). So if you liked it and now how to play it, it may became an hard nut to crack for the "autoaim lower tier club". :)

Stalpanter #14 Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6907 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 August 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Very interesting!....I never knew that was thing, it's very unique.

Nolifer in italian. :)

Edited by Stalpanter, 01 September 2018 - 06:24 PM.

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles

View PostDava_117, on 31 August 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

I want to complain about WG road maintenance service.

The poor maintenance is much more annoying in Erlenberg imo. There whole streets are blocked with rubble. If you want to flank a tank you need to make a 500 meter de-tour, after which flanking is pointless anyway...

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 01 September 2018 - 07:33 PM.

How_hard_can_it_be #16 Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40261 battles

View PostDava_117, on 01 September 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Was carried away and almost forgot to answer this. If you have a particulary good day or some platoon mate to help if team is bad, give it a try. Or if you're just bored. 

I heve your same feeling when I see other players in KV-4 and it really makes me suffer see how bad can this tank be. But at the same time, in my hand or under UrQuan command (to name the only other person that plays KV-4 I platooned with) it seems a completely different tank. Behind a good sidescrape cover and support fire, it can hold on even some tier 10 while answering back (that's why I complained about the rubble pile and the suggestion of platooning). So if you liked it and now how to play it, it may became an hard nut to crack for the "autoaim lower tier club". :)

I've grown tired with inflexible tanks. I've played them enough probably ( and enjoyed them, even AT-7 ). Playing KV-4 well requires urban cities to make it work, so you're heavily dependent on map rotation.
One of the other reasons I liked KV-4 was the looks. There is something odd about the massive hull and turret with the pipe gun.
Oh well, might give it a try and after 5 games weep for the 3 000 000 credits lost :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users