Most fun ruining things in world of tanks?

Matchmaking Artilleries Light tanks Medium tanks Heavy tanks Tank destroyers Spotting system

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

mikkiller #1 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

What would you consider the most fun/joy breaking things in World of Tanks that could be fixed or changed?

I personally disgrace artilleries and will whine about it forever, it really just gets me off on any map. These replies with "just get cover", how are you supposed to take cover by 10-15 minutes in every game without being useless? I know it won't be removed or changed (in the near future?), I would love if it was but most likely a big nay nay.

Second joy/fun breaking subject, would be the matchmaking, not as big but for some tanks.. It's really a death sentence due to either their dpm, their penetration, et cetera.

Third joy/fun breaking subject, the spotting system. Sixth sense when on, I sometimes get fired on like 5 times and almost die and then 2-5 seconds later I get the notifications, and sometimes I don't get it at all..

Thank you for reading and please do reply, I do know I sound a bit whiny but I just can't stop having my games ruined from mainly these 3 subjects.

Homer_J #2 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can avoid arty without sitting behind a rock.  There are other ways to make yourself a difficult target.

If you are waiting for the 6th sense lightbulb to come on to warn you that you have been spotted then you are doing it wrong.

I have never been put into a battle with any tank where I didn't think there was something useful I could do.

When the fun stops, stop.

fighting_falcon93 #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

What would you consider the most fun/joy breaking things in World of Tanks that could be fixed or changed?

Hmm there're so many things... But I think the 2 main breaking things in this game IMHO are artillery and premium ammo :)

mikkiller #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

How would I avoid a artillery in let's say my Cent 7/1 on a wide open map, I can't just drive and shoot? I know about just "camping" or staying hidden et cetera, but I don't want to be useless..

I don't just drive out and die I try to hold supportive positions, mostly in mediums but then I suddenly just get hit without spotting nor shooting anyone.

Well, I sometimes play with a tier V the Pz III/IV, and that tank.. Oh boy it can have a bad matchmaking.. It's hard to be useful when you can't pen them nor spot, only advantage is the speed. Thanks for your reply though.

23:41 Added after 5 minutes
I don't know how to @ someone but fighting_falcon93 I would just change the "premium rounds" price, make it a bit more expensive perhabs?

Homer_J #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

How would I avoid a artillery in let's say my Cent 7/1 on a wide open map, I can't just drive and shoot? I know about just "camping" or staying hidden et cetera, but I don't want to be useless..

There are many many ways to make arty choose someone else to shoot.  Ride the side of ridges facing away from arty.  Be a bit random in your movements, not just zigzagging it's far too predictable.  Stop, reverse, stop, move turn, stop move.

But I think you just want to rant, not learn.

23:47 Added after 2 minutes

Well, I sometimes play with a tier V the Pz III/IV, and that tank.. Oh boy it can have a bad matchmaking..

Really?  It's a long time since I played it, when I did it met tier IX tanks, possibly even tier X.  To me it seems pretty decent these days just looking at it's stats.

BKatt #6 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33304 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

Normally i dont mind artillery. This evening has been rough on that opinion.

E100 only tier X heavy on Prokhovroka with 3 artilleries.

It was so much fun, from the minute it started raining shells, til the moment i was in garage.

It even prevented me from going full camp, since no bondfire bothers to light, with a 3arty weathercast.:harp:

Tldr; I do want arty in the game, but for the love of Stalin. Cap it at one pr.team.

mikkiller #7 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

I don't know how you get that to be ranting, cause I want to know about what I am doing wrong, because it seems like no matter what I do there's some arty aiming at me..

And yeah, I do play with it sometimes to get that line unlocked. You sure 110 pen and 110 damage is good enough against VIIs? Of course some can be penetrating, but most likely it just goes ding ding on even tier Vs..

I do know where to aim and all, but it just doesn't feel like it has the right penetration. Maybe I am just using it wrong, since I am used to higher penetration.

23:53 Added after 1 minute

View PostBKatt, on 01 September 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

Normally i dont mind artillery. This evening has been rough on that opinion.

E100 only tier X heavy on Prokhovroka with 3 artilleries.

It was so much fun, from the minute it started raining shells, til the moment i was in garage.

It even prevented me from going full camp, since no bondfire bothers to light, with a 3arty weathercast.:harp:

Tldr; I do want arty in the game, but for the love of Stalin. Cap it at one pr.team.

I do want artilleries to stay.. If they were changed a bit.. Hell, I preferred the old artilleries over these.. The splash thing is really annoying, stunned for 15 seconds while it was nowhere near me..

EDIT: 1 arty per team would be okay, even with these splash thingies..

Edited by mikkiller, 01 September 2018 - 12:54 AM.

fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

I don't know how to @ someone but fighting_falcon93 I would just change the "premium rounds" price, make it a bit more expensive perhabs?

That would just make more people not afford to use it. The ones sitting on a mountain of credits would still spam it all day long. In my opinion, they should completely remove premium ammo and premium consumables, and instead implement more types of standard ammo/consumables that cost (almost) the same and are good in different situations.

For example:

APCR could overpenetrate and do 0 damage if the penetration would be twice or greater than the armor thickness.

HEAT could pre-detonate and do 0 damage if the shell hit any kind of obstacle or spaced armor.

Obviusly the current penetration values of APCR and HEAT would need to be tweaked. HEAT should have lower penetration than AP on short distance, but much better penetration on long distance because there's no penetration drop-off. APCR should have much better penetration than AP on short distance, but because of quick penetration drop-off, it should have bad penetration at long distance.

etc etc. And for consumables:

Food could cost 3000 credits and give the same benefits.

Small repair kit could cost 3000 credits and have a shorter cool-down but only repair 1 module.

Large repair kit could also cost 3000 credits and have a longer cool-down but repair all damaged modules.

And so on :)

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 01 September 2018 - 01:15 AM.

mikkiller #9 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 01 September 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

That would just make more people not afford to use it. The ones sitting on a mountain of credits would still spam it all day long. In my opinion, they should completely remove premium ammo and premium consumables, and instead implement more types of standard ammo/consumables that cost (almost) the same and are good in different situations.

For example:

APCR could overpenetrate and do 0 damage if the penetration would be twice or greater than the armor thickness.

HEAT could pre-detonate and do 0 damage if the shell hit any kind of obstacle or spaced armor.

Obviusly the current penetration values of APCR and HEAT would need to be tweaked. HEAT should have lower penetration than AP on short distance, but much better penetration on long distance because there's no penetration drop-off. APCR should have much better penetration than AP of short distance, but because of quick penetration drop-off, it should have bad penetration at long distance.

etc etc. And for consumables:

Food could cost 3000 credits and give the same benefits.

Small repair kit could cost 3000 credits and have a shorter cool-down but only repair 1 module.

Large repair kit could also cost 3000 creidts and have a longer cool-down but repair all damaged modules.

And so on :)

Maybe, maybe. I don't mind the consumeables, but the APCR.. Hell I get spammed by Type 64s and so on with APCR 24/7..

FizzleMcSnizzle #10 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6469 battles
Artillery and WG.

fighting_falcon93 #11 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hell I get spammed by Type 64s and so on with APCR 24/7..

I know what you mean. I can't even enjoy tanks like E-100 and Jg.Pz.E100 anymore because as soon as I take them for a ride the only thing I get shot at me is HEAT, HEAT and HEAT... Pzzz Pzzzzzz Pzzz it's so tiresome.

Homer_J #12 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

I don't know how you get that to be ranting, cause I want to know about what I am doing wrong, because it seems like no matter what I do there's some arty aiming at me..

As an art player I assure you that if arty is always aiming at you then you are making yourself the easiest target.  Go invisible and reappear somewhere else.  That usually breaks the focus.

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

And yeah, I do play with it sometimes to get that line unlocked. You sure 110 pen and 110 damage is good enough against VIIs? 

Try fighting the seven tier V tanks instead of the three tier VII ones.

And if you do need to fight them then press the 2 key.

mikkiller #13 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 01 September 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

I know what you mean. I can't even enjoy tanks like E-100 and Jg.Pz.E100 anymore because as soon as I take them for a ride the only thing I get shot at me is HEAT, HEAT and HEAT... Pzzz Pzzzzzz Pzzz it's so tiresome.

I agree 100%.. I play in my defender sometimes, luckily some tanks with APCR still can't penetrate but then some HEAT arrives and I'm burnin.

WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16303 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postmikkiller, on 31 August 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

In-depth premium round modification that does make sense:

http://forum.worldof...3#entry16106403

With regards to arty, just remove it. Been too long and people are less likely to change each patch.

mikkiller #15 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

As an art player I assure you that if arty is always aiming at you then you are making yourself the easiest target.  Go invisible and reappear somewhere else.  That usually breaks the focus.

Try fighting the seven tier V tanks instead of the three tier VII ones.

And if you do need to fight them then press the 2 key.

I don't really like to play with HE and it's not like I am going up to the VIIs on purpose.. When wanting to go somewhere or feel comfortable playing somewhere and then a VII pops up, what to do? Stick your tail between your legs n run away? To be useless somewhere else or.. I don't know man, if it was -1/+1 tier only I wouldn't be whining about this. 8 tier VIIs versus 7 tier VIIIs would be just fine, maybe less tier VIIIs I wouldn't care as long as it'd be -1/+1
00:13 Added after 2 minutes

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 September 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

In-depth premium round modification that does make sense:

http://forum.worldof...3#entry16106403

With regards to arty, just remove it. Been too long and people are less likely to change each patch.

I liked that a lot, seems pretty nice and would only make the game better.

vcristi #16 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67524 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
Arty and MM.

Dorander #17 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18584 battles
People who whine about artillery, hands down.

mikkiller #18 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

View PostDorander, on 01 September 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

People who whine about artillery, hands down.

How does that ruin the fun/joy in-game? lol

Homer_J #19 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

I don't really like to play with HE 

Where did I mention HE?

Press 2 and your 110 pen becomes 158.  That is what it is there for, use it.

00:45 Added after 2 minutes

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

How does that ruin the fun/joy in-game? lol

Because you sit there watching the countdown and *edited* has to pipe up about how they don't like arty, usually with a smattering of four letter words and for some reason they always have to bring a terrible disease which has ruined many lives into it.  Arty is fine, donkeyhats like that suck the fun out of the game.

Edited by NickMustaine, 01 September 2018 - 12:28 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

mikkiller #20 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11560 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Where did I mention HE?

Press 2 and your 110 pen becomes 158.  That is what it is there for, use it.

00:45 Added after 2 minutes

Because you sit there watching the countdown and *edited*  has to pipe up about how they don't like arty, usually with a smattering of four letter words and for some reason they always have to bring a terrible disease which has ruined many lives into it.  Arty is fine, donkeyhats like that suck the fun out of the game.

I mean you could just ignore the chats. Also I apology, I mistook APCRs place for HEs place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users