Most fun ruining things in world of tanks?

Matchmaking Artilleries Light tanks Medium tanks Heavy tanks Tank destroyers Spotting system

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Dorander #21 Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18573 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

How does that ruin the fun/joy in-game? lol

- in-game whining about being hit by artillery

- in-game whining about team artillery not hitting whatever Whineplayer McRageface wants to see hit with laser-point accuracy any time they desire

- deliberate teamkilling by arty-haters (and if you think this doesn't happen you haven't been on these forums long enough to see long-standing players boast about it)

- the game's forums are arguably part of the game experience extending the problem

- half the "discussions" about gameplay being a reinterpretation of artywhining, potentially affecting actual gameplay as Wargaming claims to react to vocal customer minorities (and if you think that doesn't happen you haven't been on these forums long enough to see the same anti-artillery context whines coming up again and again and again)

mikkiller #22 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11441 battles

View PostDorander, on 01 September 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

- in-game whining about being hit by artillery

- in-game whining about team artillery not hitting whatever Whineplayer McRageface wants to see hit with laser-point accuracy any time they desire

- deliberate teamkilling by arty-haters (and if you think this doesn't happen you haven't been on these forums long enough to see long-standing players boast about it)

- the game's forums are arguably part of the game experience extending the problem

- half the "discussions" about gameplay being a reinterpretation of artywhining, potentially affecting actual gameplay as Wargaming claims to react to vocal customer minorities (and if you think that doesn't happen you haven't been on these forums long enough to see the same anti-artillery context whines coming up again and again and again)

If you checked my profile or the info about my profile, I am new to the forums. However, just ignore the people who rage at artilleries. I don't get mad at artilleries for not doing anything, I haven't seen people team kill artilleries either (at least not a whole lot to give an opinion about it). It's your own decision to reply and join in on the artillery discussions on the forums though? If it makes you annoyed or pissed or such, just ignore people like me who'll be whining until they're either gone or changed the number to 1 per team

Homer_J #23 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I mean you could just ignore the chats.

I have to read it to know which bits to ignore.

Turning it off is not an option.  It's a multiplayer game, communicating with other players is part of that.

Dorander #24 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18573 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

If you checked my profile or the info about my profile, I am new to the forums. However, just ignore the people who rage at artilleries. I don't get mad at artilleries for not doing anything, I haven't seen people team kill artilleries either (at least not a whole lot to give an opinion about it). It's your own decision to reply and join in on the artillery discussions on the forums though? If it makes you annoyed or pissed or such, just ignore people like me who'll be whining until they're either gone or changed the number to 1 per team

Belated welcome to the forums. Mind not the somewhat jaded crowd, most topics here have been done to death.

You are right when you say it's my own decision to join in artillery discussions, to some extent; insofar as I ignore the pinned thread entirely 'cause that's essentially the whine-bin, but people feel the need to make additional anti-arty threads or post their arty-hatred in any thread that's never asked for it anyway. That said I could ignore the lot of them but it's pretty much the same as not voting in a democracy because I don't like the arguments of people I disagree with; if I don't use my voice against them I give them the freedom of the entire platform. So given that, if it is the case that Wargaming listens to anyone, it's important that the whiners aren't the only voice around if I don't want to see the changes they desire. So no, anti-arty whiners don't get to be ignored and pretend you represent everyone.

mikkiller #25 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11441 battles

View PostDorander, on 01 September 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

Belated welcome to the forums. Mind not the somewhat jaded crowd, most topics here have been done to death.

You are right when you say it's my own decision to join in artillery discussions, to some extent; insofar as I ignore the pinned thread entirely 'cause that's essentially the whine-bin, but people feel the need to make additional anti-arty threads or post their arty-hatred in any thread that's never asked for it anyway. That said I could ignore the lot of them but it's pretty much the same as not voting in a democracy because I don't like the arguments of people I disagree with; if I don't use my voice against them I give them the freedom of the entire platform. So given that, if it is the case that Wargaming listens to anyone, it's important that the whiners aren't the only voice around if I don't want to see the changes they desire. So no, anti-arty whiners don't get to be ignored and pretend you represent everyone.

All respect towards what you wrote, though I do see why people only make arty related hatred topics.. Sometimes they cut right to the bone in games.. I do want artilleries to stay, but the stun effect should be changed a bit.. And perhabs also the max artilleries per team, but making it less than 2 would mess up the platoon system then.. Idk how it could be fixed.
01:16 Added after 0 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

I have to read it to know which bits to ignore.

Turning it off is not an option.  It's a multiplayer game, communicating with other players is part of that.

I mean, just ignore the chat. It's not like people aren't spamming locations and such anyways

Homer_J #26 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

I mean, just ignore the chat. 

I may as well find a nice single player game then.

It's bad enough WG removed the ability to have a bit of banter with the other team.

mikkiller #27 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11441 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

I may as well find a nice single player game then.

It's bad enough WG removed the ability to have a bit of banter with the other team.

I do miss the cross-talking, but there'd be so much toxicity... And I mean you could just ignore the person who is insulting or whatever, no need to let him get to your nerves

Homer_J #28 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

I do miss the cross-talking, but there'd be so much toxicity... And I mean you could just ignore the person who is insulting or whatever, no need to let him get to your nerves

There is just as much toxicity but now it's directed at the people who you are supposed to be collaborating with.  Starting a round as so many do with a few insults aimed at your team mates is hardly the way to encourage them to help or motivate them to win.  A bit of smack talk aimed at the enemy is all part of online gaming though.

Turning chat off was and is not the way to deal with toxicity.

Edited by Homer_J, 01 September 2018 - 02:33 AM.

mikkiller #29 Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11441 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 01 September 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

There is just as much toxicity but now it's directed at the people who you are supposed to be collaborating with.  Starting a round as so many do with a few insults aimed at your team mates is hardly the way to encourage them to help or motivate them to win.  A bit of smack talk aimed at the enemy is all part of online gaming though.

Turning chat off was and is not the way to deal with toxicity.

There'll be toxic players no matter what, I know.. It's sad, even though I do admit that I can be really damn toxic.. But that's mostly at either myself, teammates who just "bait" even though it most likely would be myself messing up. And sometimes I would go on about artilleries too..

PlasticArmour #30 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52824 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

MM, been grinding 9 tier 8's at mo, down to 4 left. It has been soul sapping. got amx13 90, amx 65t, tvp and pantera to go. oh bugger, plus the polish tank to come. Playing 8 outa 10 games as lowest tier in most of the games I've been playing has been as much fun as a fart in a lift, and I didn't do it.

Oh yes, the maps, too small.

gunslingerXXX #31 Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Arty.

DeadLecter #32 Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24273 battles
Yesterday I played my Black Prince as top tier. Needless to say the tank is bad but battle had three arties. as soon as I was spotted I was focused by all three arties. Never had a chance to make a move I was tracked all the time got ammo racked and half my crew killed. I was on Redshire so before I had a chance to even go up and take cover I was shot down by the arties. This is the kind of thing that makes a brawler tank sit in a corner and snipe rather than take the lead. They had T29 and O-I who got in position faster than my BP so they raped me and my team. What could ruin the fun more than this? getting clicked by three creatures that are so noob that play arty to avoid any close encounters with real tanks

Emeraldweed #33 Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10436 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Yolobots,  T-49's or batchats who yolo me on my leopard1  for reasons only to kill me and  die soon after.

Arty focus.  Getting focused from arty again for reasons. I don't mind getting  shot once or twice but when  3/4s of his total shoots fired were at you then you know he was on a mission.

Teams who camp a quarter of the map.  These games are the most difficult to ''unlock'' and the only time where i resort to redline sniping

psychobear #34 Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19055 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
Fartillery.

LordMuffin #35 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
1: Matchmaker, just bring back the old one.
2: Arty, just remove them.
3: Horrible balance within tiers of tanks, look at AT2 for example.

jack_timber #36 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33893 battles

Those that can't accept the game for what it is.

pihip #37 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14197 battles

Fixed MM template when playing tier 8, being bottom tier and fodder for tier 9-10 overpowered crap 8 out of 10 games quickly kills any fun there is in playing a tier 8 tank, unless it's something retarded like Defender, VK 100.01 and a few others.

Gold ammo making armor mostly irrelevant.

Excessive armor with no weakspots on some tanks, coupled with some maps severely limiting flanking, forcing players to use gold ammo (which in turn leads to gold ammo being spammed and so a vicious cycle is born).

Excessively high RNG specifically designed to make the game experience frustrating.

Damage per shot being far too high on certain tanks (FV 183/4005 HESH, JPz E 100).

Edited by pihip, 01 September 2018 - 08:35 AM.

kejmo #38 Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29166 battles

1. Being bottom tier for 20 matches in a row in +2 match

2. Super adorable 3-5-7 system

3. Artillery concept

4. Artillery stun mechanichs

5. RNG

6. Accuracy (Patton48 vs. (driving)KV2 example)

7. Awesome maps

8. Premium ammo

9. Japanese tanks

10. Soviet overpower

11. Spotting system

12. +2 MM

13. MM

14. MM

15. MM

16. - 42. Artillery concept + MM

43. Sound on hit

44. - 87. Playerbase (or, idiots. making your every game experience a blessing.)

88. MM matching you with point 44.-87 playerbase

89. Historically accurate

90. StarWars tanks

91. Pre-defined win/lose system (15-3, 15-5 and vice versa)

92. The need to play 7 games to win 1

93. 3 c4rcinomes per team in 9 out of 10 games...

Things that fall on my mind at this moment. 

Oh yeah. Thread soon to be closed cause of being non constructive. 

Don't you dare to say that WG did something wrong. 

Edited by kejmo, 03 September 2018 - 07:03 PM.

cragarion #39 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44285 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

What would you consider the most fun/joy breaking things in World of Tanks that could be fixed or changed?

I personally disgrace artilleries and will whine about it forever, it really just gets me off on any map. These replies with "just get cover", how are you supposed to take cover by 10-15 minutes in every game without being useless? I know it won't be removed or changed (in the near future?), I would love if it was but most likely a big nay nay.

Second joy/fun breaking subject, would be the matchmaking, not as big but for some tanks.. It's really a death sentence due to either their dpm, their penetration, et cetera.

Third joy/fun breaking subject, the spotting system. Sixth sense when on, I sometimes get fired on like 5 times and almost die and then 2-5 seconds later I get the notifications, and sometimes I don't get it at all..

Thank you for reading and please do reply, I do know I sound a bit whiny but I just can't stop having my games ruined from mainly these 3 subjects.

!/ the dumb [edited][edited] 

2/ the current mm 

_b_ #40 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55227 battles
Wargaming itself :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users