@ WG Suggestion in garage poll/Voting

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Polls and voting in garage (35 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should WG add polls and voting to the garage in pop up windows to get the entire player-bases views on topics and ideas

1. Yes and it should be mandatory so you can't start a battle until it's completed (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

2. Yes but you should be able to just close the window if you don't want to take part (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Yes but if you chose to close the window instead of answering it there should be an option somewhere to reopen it to answer later (15 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. No (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Hide poll

cragarion #1 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

Hi to get a true idea of what people think about things on wot, tanks , game-play, ammo, maps and stuff,

why not have in garage poll/voting not everyone uses the forums or reads emails from games,

so to find out what really needs changing in the game add a poll or vote to the garage,

just like you have the the days or weeks sales pop up, you can occasionally have a poll or vote pop up  on certain topics like mm or maps or whatever,

this system would reach the entire player-base, and if people chose just to close the window then tough luck they lose out on there say in the matter, or you could make it so you can't start a battle until you have completed poll / vote / survey.

What do the forum users think about this ?.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Wasn't there some kind of ingame poll about random things already? Properly used, it could give them feedback from a big range of completely different players, which would be a good thing.
But I can only repeat myself once again: The forum has tons of feedback from both casual players and also very intelligent feedback from players who know a thing or two about the game. But noone cares about that. It's all there, ready to be harvested.

Conclusion: They aren't interested in feedback.

Edited by Jigabachi, 01 September 2018 - 09:53 AM.

cragarion #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 01 September 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Wasn't there some kind of ingame poll about random things already? Properly used, it could give them feedback from a big range of completely different players, which would be a good thing.
But I can only repeat myself once again: The forum has tons of feedback from both casual players and also very intelligent feedback from players who know a thing or two about the game. But noone cares about that. It's all there, ready to be harvested.

But only a tiny proportion of the player base use the forum, that's why they don't seem to take much notice of it, it's to small a portion of the player base to get a true reading.

unlike the in-game surveys and polls that would reach the Entire player-base.

FizzleMcSnizzle #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6447 battles
WG doesn't give a toss about our opinions. It cares only for our cash. It's a shortsighted policy that will kill the game soon enough, but they've dug themselves such a hole that there's no escaping it.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
@cragarion: True, but it depends on what information you intend to collect. Some things require a wide range of players to answer, some things require the opinion of people who have a clue about things.
Either way, more possibilities to voice your feedback would be good. But I doubt that there is any hope regarding customer care and the company we're talking about here...

Edited by Jigabachi, 01 September 2018 - 10:13 AM.

Gkirmathal #6 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

I think it should be mandatory, but it should start with a yes or no question window.

A Yes choice continues you to the actual poll/questionnaire window.

The No selection does the obvious and closes the window for the players to continue to garage.

Then WG will get a clearer picture on, how many players (and which types of players) are actually interested and want their 'feedback'' included (on current issues/direction of development/thoughts on possible solutions/etc). And those players not interested at all, or who just "don't give a darn thinking everything and every direction taken is fine".

This would be worth while information to have especially in regards to who feedback take serious or not and how paying customers are divided through this.

Vokatius #7 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14239 battles
  • [ARTA] ARTA

I voted no, because it would terminate one of the last good reasons to visit this forum.

Aikl #8 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25705 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

There are in-game surveys already. They're not very common, though. I have seen one for 'general' gameplay and one related to clan wars (the one time I participated).

Generally I doubt there is a need for Wargaming to gather feedback. What the players want is not necessarily best for Wargaming. Also, what players want is not necessarily good for the game. If Wargaming wanted to rely on player feedback (which they do, to some extent), the forums would make more sense. Easier to differentiate between senseless whining and well-reasoned criticism - though one can of course argue that the opinion of the well-articulated isn't worth more to Wargaming. :P

cragarion #9 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

View PostAikl, on 01 September 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

There are in-game surveys already. They're not very common, though. I have seen one for 'general' gameplay and one related to clan wars (the one time I participated).

Generally I doubt there is a need for Wargaming to gather feedback. What the players want is not necessarily best for Wargaming. Also, what players want is not necessarily good for the game. If Wargaming wanted to rely on player feedback (which they do, to some extent), the forums would make more sense. Easier to differentiate between senseless whining and well-reasoned criticism - though one can of course argue that the opinion of the well-articulated isn't worth more to Wargaming. :P

Well they are obviously not going to ask stupid questions like should every aspect of the game be free or should we give all our player 10,000 free gold a month,

you know they are not going to allow us to vote on things that would destroy the game,

but the stuff they would allow us to vote on would be better for the game as it's the majority of the player-base they have to keep happy or go bust, they could ask what maps to keep which ones to alter and which ones to scrap altogether, ask which tanks need buffing and which need nerfing and they could obviously add a little program to see if the person voting actually owns the tank they are voting on,

09:44 Added after 3 minutes

View PostVokatius, on 01 September 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

I voted no, because it would terminate one of the last good reasons to visit this forum.

Would not stop anyone coming to the forum because they would still come here to complain how else would WG know what to put votes up on, unless they placed a vote on everything, wg does check the forums to see what people are complaining about they just don't get a wide enough section of the player-base to make calculated decisions,  this way if they see a possible problem in the forum they could put a pole up in the garage to get the view of the entire player-base.
09:47 Added after 6 minutes

View PostAikl, on 01 September 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yeh but in the 8 years I've played i think i have seen 2, they should have them before and after every patch, to see what the players think about stuff in the upcoming patch that they may or may not have tested on the test server, and to find out what people think after the stuffs been added a few weeks after the patch.

SlyMeerkat #10 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16624 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I voted for the first option 

PervyPastryPuffer #11 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31205 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
It would be a good idea if everyone took it seriously, but some people just want this game to crash and burn so it's probably best to not do this. I imagine a lot of false/joke feedback/opinions would be received.

Slyspy #12 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 01 September 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Feedback from the forums is little more than a chaotic, nonsensical mess with no form or structure. It is largely useless.

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

Yes, I completely agree. I think that I've suggested something similiar in the past. In my opinion, they should give something like 50-100 gold per poll, obviously the amount would need to correspond to the amount of questions.

+1 to this suggestion, but if you want me to vote, you'll have to add the above to your poll :P

EDIT: Nvm, the poll isn't about getting a reward or not, but rather how the poll should behave. Sorry. Voted for 3rd option :great:

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 01 September 2018 - 12:07 PM.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSlyspy, on 01 September 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Feedback from the forums is little more than a chaotic, nonsensical mess with no form or structure. It is largely useless.

Not really, you just have to put some effort into both moderation and collecting the proper feedback. A company that sells a product should be able to differentiate between good feedback and random nonsense puked into the forum by random morons.

There are (were) many other games where this works (worked) fine. And we used to have very constructive discussions here, too. I mean... before it became apparent that WG doesn't care about their customers.

Edited by Jigabachi, 01 September 2018 - 03:55 PM.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #15 Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10617 battles

View Postcragarion, on 01 September 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

Hi to get a true idea of what people think about things on wot, tanks , game-play, ammo, maps and stuff,

why not have in garage poll/voting not everyone uses the forums or reads emails from games,

so to find out what really needs changing in the game add a poll or vote to the garage,

just like you have the the days or weeks sales pop up, you can occasionally have a poll or vote pop up  on certain topics like mm or maps or whatever,

this system would reach the entire player-base, and if people chose just to close the window then tough luck they lose out on there say in the matter, or you could make it so you can't start a battle until you have completed poll / vote / survey.

What do the forum users think about this ?.

You miss option..i dont f*****g care.

cragarion #16 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles
Up to now 26 for and 3 against.

Homer_J #17 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The playerbase doesn't have a clue what is good for the game or even for themselves.

Listening to the players has killed off so many games I have played in the past, it's just always a bad idea.

cragarion #18 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 06 September 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

The playerbase doesn't have a clue what is good for the game or even for themselves.

Listening to the players has killed off so many games I have played in the past, it's just always a bad idea.

Not listening to the player-base has killed more, after all it's the paying players that keep the business going,  like i said earlier they don't have to put business related stuff up for vote that would effect finances, but general game-play stuff likes maps and tanks should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users