A long list of opinions and advice to game developers, come and read!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45412 battles
  • [T4K3] T4K3

Sponsored by:

Introduction:

I find myself here, with the urgency and the need to write this long thread , as I can not understand what is the direction given by the developers to the game , game we daily criticize (and while we appreciate) on this forum; who for some months, who for some years now.

I really appreciated many of the developments of the game over the years as I found some changes totally inadequate, really bad and some totally unsolicited by the players who often have strongly opposed the official forum of the game and other different mass communication channels from this forum . So we saw with our eyes (and maybe even with our wallet) the bankruptcies and glorious improvements made to the game. The things I write are not in order of importance but they are totally random and obviously they are individual opinions, surely they are not the opinions of a pro player but not even of the last arrived.

But now let's move on to the core , the game.

Matchmaking

Spoiler

Tanks tier 8 with preferential MM

Spoiler

14:10 Added after 1 minute

Maps and maps rotation

Spoiler

First campaign, reward tanks

Spoiler

Second series of personal missions

Spoiler

Self-propelled artillery

Spoiler

14:12 Added after 3 minutes

Personal statistics, honors and medals , XVM and recruitment in the clans

Spoiler

Bonds

Spoiler

Garage, vehicle panel and customization garage

Spoiler

RNG

Spoiler

Graphic and audio quality

Spoiler

Frontline mode

Spoiler

A new special game mode only for tier X , Grand Battles , Rampage Mode and Ranked battles

Spoiler

Fun modes

Spoiler

Premium ammo , premium explosive ammunition and no n, we a k spots , Type4 / 5 Heavy

Spoiler

Game loading times for those who do not own an SSD

Spoiler

14:13 Added after 4 minutes

Tanks that overturn, minimap and game communications

Spoiler

Edited by ValkyrionX, 01 September 2018 - 03:19 PM.

wremise #2 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48442 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Posted Image

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45412 battles
  • [T4K3] T4K3

View Postwremise, on 01 September 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

ahahahahah

BR33K1_PAWAH #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3597 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If i were to be a WG developer i would read this. And even comment on it. But im not from WG, sorry m8.

ValkyrionX #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45412 battles
  • [T4K3] T4K3

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 01 September 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

If i were to be a WG developer i would read this. And even comment on it. But im not from WG, sorry m8.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
How about you find a game where most or all of your ideas are implemented already and see if it works there or create a game according to your preferences. It is often difficult to fix a game this huge, fix a bug add 10 more, too many players with too many ideas how they want the game to be and we all know how that ended with a game that was supposed to be the *cough* "WoT Killer".  

Dava_117 #7 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Can you PM me the original italian version? Ok I'm bored to death, but I can't find the force to read a google translated version if I can read the original one more easily. :D

As a start to show I tryed it:

MM: I agree that +-1 is the most balanced, but many people also enjoy +-2 (I'm one of them). My opinion is that template MM was perfect in the first iteration, when 3/5/7 had no priority over 5/10 and single tier battle.

Pref MM tanks:

I again agree with you, but your info about the buff are outdated. Those were the first buff proposal, then a second light version came out (basically small pen buff + something else like bit more mobility, armour or soft stat).

Arty: well, here I have a different opinion. Okd arty was bad, as new arty tho. Check my only post on the SPG discussion thread. I posted a video fron AwsomeEpicGuys that gives some ideas I particulary liked. :)

Edited by Dava_117, 01 September 2018 - 03:39 PM.

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45412 battles
  • [T4K3] T4K3

View PostDava_117, on 01 September 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Can you PM me the original italian version? Ok I'm bored to death, but I can't find the force to read a google translated version if I can read the original one more easily. :D

As a start to show I tryed it:

MM: I agree that +-1 is the most balanced, but many people alsp enjoy +-2 (I'm one of them). My opinion is that template MM was perfect in the first iteration, when 3/5/7 had no priority over 5/10 and single tier battle.

Pref MM tanks:

I again agree with you, but your info about the buff are outdated. Those were the first buff proposal, then a second light version came out (basically small pen buff + something else like bit more mobility, armour or soft stat).

Arty: well, here I have a different opinion. Okd arty was bad, as new arty tho. Check my only post on the SPG discussion thread. I posted a video fron AwsomeEpicGuys that gives some ideas I particulary liked. :)

msg sended :)

KillingJoker #9 Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33824 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I have one opinion....

arty is *edited* , arty and xvm destroys the game..

Edited by Jahpero, 01 September 2018 - 03:58 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate term.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19801 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostValkyrionX, on 01 September 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

msg sended :)

Ok. I readed all your post and, while I agree on some topic and disagree on others, I think that you put too many topic inside a single thread. In most of them you ask for feedback or opinions, and I would gladly share my toughts. The problem is that you wrote a bachelor tesis on WoT here. :) 

It would took a wall of text or 2 just to write down my toughts. :D

My suggestion would be to split this far too big thread into a group of small thread, to discuss 1 at time. You will get more readers and more reply in this way. :)

Hope to see some of those topics on forum soon.

Sinus_Maximus #11 Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7175 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

When i started playing a while ago, i did it because the game was realistic, up to some point. And that reality is gone now. I see small tanks that never existed, except in blueprints , so were never built, tested, mass produced, sent to battle and had some tankers feedback about them , i see those tankettes blowing up heavy tanks left and right. In reality, even a tier X light tank will not "bounce" a 128mm AP round.ever. But miraculously their 20mm armor does that all the time. I mean, if someone dropped a 128mm round from a 4 sorey building on them it would go thru them. In reality these light tanks did serve as observers, and they had some weapons to defend themselves. Just imagine in the ardennes, winter of '44 brittish tanks going straight on on a tiger tank. I imagine they did, if they coudnt outrun it, but most of them would be blown up after they lose tracks from doing crazy maneuvers.

Also, why not introduce Katushas? Rocket launchers that can pepper an area with 20 rockets. Or some minefield laying tankettes? Just a thought...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users