Jump to content


Please Help! (questions)

Help Advice Suggestions Ideas

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

mikkiller #1 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

Okay, I have a couple of questions..

 

1] - Do you earn more by getting a kill and damaging let's say 500, or more by damaging 700-1000 but no kill?

 

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

 

3] - Am I using my T20 correctly by playing as a supporting role and staying a bit behind almost "camping"? Sometimes I do go for ridgelines and angled positions, and that's also where question 2 pops in.

 

4] - Where can you find the "rare" tanks you had once bought or sold? When going into depot and then let's say press on "modules and shells to sell" it goes to the store (no past vehicles, nothing able to buy for normal credits)

 

5] - Do you consider the Pershing good?

 

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate replies & as many answers as possible regarding these questions. Have a :great: day/night/afternoon/evening/whatever!!



BKatt #2 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32391 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

1). Depends on what you mean by earning. Dmg = more creds, kills = more exp. Put roughly.

 

2). Check my answer in the other guys post asking why he got focused.

 

3). IMO In T20 you shouldnt be that far behind.

I played mine mostly as close-range support. Which means following your heavies and cover their back, aswell as taking podshots when the enemy fired.

Its also quick enough to take advantage of open lanes, to flank.

 

4). Depends on how long ago you sold them.

 

5). Yes. IF you can afford the premium ammo, otherwise i found it a bit too low-pen when fighting in current MM, which is brutal on 8s.



mikkiller #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

View PostBKatt, on 01 September 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

1). Depends on what you mean by earning. Dmg = more creds, kills = more exp. Put roughly.

 

2). Check my answer in the other guys post asking why he got focused.

 

3). IMO In T20 you shouldnt be that far behind.

I played mine mostly as close-range support. Which means following your heavies and cover their back, aswell as taking podshots when the enemy fired.

Its also quick enough to take advantage of open lanes, to flank.

 

4). Depends on how long ago you sold them.

 

5). Yes. IF you can afford the premium ammo, otherwise i found it a bit too low-pen when fighting in current MM, which is brutal on 8s.

 

Thank you for replying, the reason to why I play more supportive from behind is the armor is basically nonexistent and that also directs me to why people would rather aim for me than let's say some other heavies or mediums near or with me. (related to kill or dmg, what gives more)

Edited by mikkiller, 01 September 2018 - 11:48 PM.


BKatt #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32391 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013
Thats why you wait until the enemy has fired, and then snag a quick shot or track shot. Armor or not, if the enemy just fired, it means nothing. :girl:

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 10,248
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

1) xp or credits? Kill shots don't generate credits, but do generate xp, damage nets you some of both. Generally, you're better going for a kill shot if you can though as it removes a gun from the enemy team.  

 

2) Don't drive in straight lines, try to use terrain to hide some of your vehicle if you can (hills, walls etc).

 

3) Almost certainly not. The T20 gun is not good from range. To make the gun work, you need to be at close-mid range. View range is reasonable, so you can also spot if you are closer. Use your gun depression, pop up, shoot (screw waiting for the gun to fully aim, it just gives your enemy more chance to shoot you) and then pop back. Use the relatively long reload to reposition a bit so you don't pop back at exactly the same spot. 

 

4) Not sure if you can see them in the gargae. You can have them restored through customer support I believe, but there are time constraints. 

 

5) No. Not terrible either. Kinda meh. 

 

Hope those help!

 

 

 


mikkiller #6 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:01 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 01 September 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

1) xp or credits? Kill shots don't generate credits, but do generate xp, damage nets you some of both. Generally, you're better going for a kill shot if you can though as it removes a gun from the enemy team.  

 

2) Don't drive in straight lines, try to use terrain to hide some of your vehicle if you can (hills, walls etc).

 

3) Almost certainly not. The T20 gun is not good from range. To make the gun work, you need to be at close-mid range. View range is reasonable, so you can also spot if you are closer. Use your gun depression, pop up, shoot (screw waiting for the gun to fully aim, it just gives your enemy more chance to shoot you) and then pop back. Use the relatively long reload to reposition a bit so you don't pop back at exactly the same spot. 

 

4) Not sure if you can see them in the gargae. You can have them restored through customer support I believe, but there are time constraints. 

 

5) No. Not terrible either. Kinda meh. 

 

Hope those help!

 

 

 

I appreciate it and it does help, though with the T20 I've gotten a mark of excellence and usually deal around 1-2k damage per game from playing like this. I don't sit in the spawns camping, but I move to a somewhat close frontline hill or ridgeline and fire from there. The repositioning can be hard depending on the map though.

 

Also I mean both really (credits and xp)


Edited by mikkiller, 02 September 2018 - 12:04 AM.


lord_chipmonk #7 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 10,248
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View Postmikkiller, on 02 September 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

 

I appreciate it and it does help, though with the T20 I've gotten a mark of excellence and usually deal around 1-2k damage per game from playing like this. I don't sit in the spawns camping, but I move to a somewhat close frontline hill or ridgeline and fire from there. The repositioning can be hard depending on the map though

 

Pleasure. W.r.t. positioning, if you're not camping, then should be alright. Had a quick peek at your stats and the T20 does appear to be one of your better performing mediums, so good job. Finally, be aware that your average damage with the T20 is closer to 600 rather than 1k. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I think it worth being realistic about how you are performing in the tank. Hope you're enjoying it!

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 02 September 2018 - 12:06 AM.


mikkiller #8 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 02 September 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

 

Pleasure. W.r.t. positioning, if you're not camping, then should be alright. Had a quick peek at your stats and the T20 does appear to be one of your better performing mediums, so good job. Finally, be aware that your average damage with the T20 is closer to 600 rather than 1k. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I think it worth being realistic about how you are performing in the tank. Hope you're enjoying it!

 

Of course of course, it's more recently that I've gotten the numbers up there. I "returned" to playing recently and picked the T20 back up while it was at 20k xp, I guess those stats just need to be proven wrong by time. Also I do know my starts are really garbage, but I am trying to improve.. Just need to stop taking 3-6 months long breaks (why I only have 10k battles on a acc from 2012.)

 

I also just realized, by the small amount of days I've been grinding it the damage and damage taken ratio has changed, I hope to make it way more positive than negative by the time I have the pershing (18k xp away now)



lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 10,248
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View Postmikkiller, on 02 September 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

 

Of course of course, it's more recently that I've gotten the numbers up there. I "returned" to playing recently and picked the T20 back up while it was at 20k xp, I guess those stats just need to be proven wrong by time. Also I do know my starts are really garbage, but I am trying to improve.. Just need to stop taking 3-6 months long breaks (why I only have 10k battles on a acc from 2012.)

 

I also just realized, by the small amount of days I've been grinding it the damage and damage taken ratio has changed, I hope to make it way more positive than negative by the time I have the pershing (18k xp away now)

 

That's fair enough. I am certainly not trying to judge you from stats. The only reason I checked them in the first place was to see how much success you were having compared with your usual medium tank performance. If you're doing well and having fun then keep it up!

mikkiller #10 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:22 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 02 September 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

 

That's fair enough. I am certainly not trying to judge you from stats. The only reason I checked them in the first place was to see how much success you were having compared with your usual medium tank performance. If you're doing well and having fun then keep it up!

 

Thanks! Have fun doing what you like to do as well!

mikkiller #11 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:39 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012
Isn't it lovely when you get to live in the buildings instead of destroying them?? https://gyazo.com/71...8a14da26e274ceb

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 10,248
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
:teethhappy:

signal11th #13 Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36382 battles
  • 5,589
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Would like to say it makes a pleasant change to find someone on the forum asking questions.. well done OP.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65810 battles
  • 16,025
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

1: That depends on many factors, and if you talk about XP or credits. For credits, then yes if you are doing the 500 and the kill on your own spotting, but not on the 1000 on others spotting. As there is no credit bonus for a killing shot as such. And if you do damage on others spotting, you lose 50% credits pr damage point. As for XP, then tier factor comes into play. As in the tier difference on you vs your target. The higher the more you get, the lower the less you get. Inc on kill shots. So if it's a lower tier for the 500, then no, not really. 

 

2: Well in a med or light I keep an eye out for stuns to see where the arty is focusing. And in a HT I try to keep my distance from others. As they said in Saving Private Ryan before they hit the beach. "I wanna see plenty of beach between men. Five men is a juicy opportunity, one man’s a waste of ammo". So going alone or keeping the distance from the main group is not always a bad idea. And if I take a hit, and I am exposed and alone. I leave the area if I can. There is no reason to stay to let him farm you. 

 

3: It's more a mid to close range bully more then a sniper. You use ridgelines, open flanks or anything you can find to pop a 90mm shell on anything not aiming at you. Pull back and relocate to do it again if you are not top tier. I've honestly not played mine in ages... or years rather. But I suspect the style for it has not changed. 

 

4: Rare tanks you have sold? As a recovery? Atm you can only reclaim tanks sold after patch 9.6 iirc. If you sold them before that. It won't work. But if it was after 9.6. Then you can use the garage comparison tool. That you can start by selecting any tank in the garage carousel. Right click on the image and select add to the comparison. On the lower right a scale with the number 1 next to should appear, if you click on that and "to comparison" you will get there. Then you simply click on the green plus icon and select all the tanks you have sold via the list. Then you add them so they appear on your list. Once there you can right click on the tank image at the top and select "preview vehicle". In the new area it takes you too... if you can recover it, a price will be listed. As you need the silver and a free garage slot to claim it.  

 

5: Tbh.. I have only played the KR and the Super Pershing. I kinda skipped the normal one, so not the right guy to ask. But I have little love for the KR, but the Super Pershing still works. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 02 September 2018 - 01:34 AM.


Warzey #15 Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56961 battles
  • 912
  • [GG-EZ] GG-EZ
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Okay, I have a couple of questions..

 

1] - Do you earn more by getting a kill and damaging let's say 500, or more by damaging 700-1000 but no kill?

 

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

 

3] - Am I using my T20 correctly by playing as a supporting role and staying a bit behind almost "camping"? Sometimes I do go for ridgelines and angled positions, and that's also where question 2 pops in.

 

4] - Where can you find the "rare" tanks you had once bought or sold? When going into depot and then let's say press on "modules and shells to sell" it goes to the store (no past vehicles, nothing able to buy for normal credits)

 

5] - Do you consider the Pershing good?

 

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate replies & as many answers as possible regarding these questions. Have a :great: day/night/afternoon/evening/whatever!!

 

1. Kills will generally bring more experience while raw damage will bring more credits. If you're spotting yourself then you get full experience and credits from the damage/kills, but if somebody else is spotting for you then half of the credits and experience is divided among the spotters. On a side note, it's always better to reduce the number of enemy guns rather than going for raw damage. 

 

2. Absolutely the best way to avoid arty is to grind one until T7 or so. By doing so you'll get a much better understanding of where arty can and can't shoot, which will of course help you avoid them.

 

3. As far as I remember T20 has a good gun handling but poor accuracy plus it can equip vertical stabilize. You should avoid long range sniping if you can help it and rather play as a second line support tank because you can easily snap shoot. Ridge line fighting would be ideal because you can be very effective without overexposing yourself. Generally speaking, ridge line positions are not arty safe, so your options are to wait for arty to shoot someone else or change position. 

 

5. Pershing as an ok tank, but you will need to use a very liberal amounts of premium ammo if you wish to have any degree of success. Standard pen (190mm) is barely enough to deal with T8 tanks and you will be facing T9 and T10 tanks on regular basis. 



JocMeister #16 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:28 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22455 battles
  • 2,000
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Okay, I have a couple of questions..

 

1] - Do you earn more by getting a kill and damaging let's say 500, or more by damaging 700-1000 but no kill?

 

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

 

3] - Am I using my T20 correctly by playing as a supporting role and staying a bit behind almost "camping"? Sometimes I do go for ridgelines and angled positions, and that's also where question 2 pops in.

 

4] - Where can you find the "rare" tanks you had once bought or sold? When going into depot and then let's say press on "modules and shells to sell" it goes to the store (no past vehicles, nothing able to buy for normal credits)

 

5] - Do you consider the Pershing good?

 

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate replies & as many answers as possible regarding these questions. Have a :great: day/night/afternoon/evening/whatever!!

 

1. You get credits for damage. More damage = more credits.

 

2. Pretty surprised arty is a problem for you? Only advice I can give you is try to avoid positions where arty can fap on you. If you can´t avoid that make sure you are never stationary. Move all the time. 

 

3. I played my T20 on the 1st line. Using gun depression, speed and viewrange. Its a good tank and shouldn´t be wasted in "TD mode".  

 

5. Nope, pretty much no tier 8 tanks are good. Tier 8 MTs have been awful for years now and the new MM pretty much destroyed them.



Homer_J #17 Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28206 battles
  • 29,472
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Okay, I have a couple of questions..

 

1] - Do you earn more by getting a kill and damaging let's say 500, or more by damaging 700-1000 but no kill?

 

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

 

3] - Am I using my T20 correctly by playing as a supporting role and staying a bit behind almost "camping"? Sometimes I do go for ridgelines and angled positions, and that's also where question 2 pops in.

 

4] - Where can you find the "rare" tanks you had once bought or sold? When going into depot and then let's say press on "modules and shells to sell" it goes to the store (no past vehicles, nothing able to buy for normal credits)

 

5] - Do you consider the Pershing good?

 

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate replies & as many answers as possible regarding these questions. Have a :great: day/night/afternoon/evening/whatever!!

 

1] You get more credits for more damage but it seems there is quite a big exp bonus for a kill despite what WG have repeatedly said in the past.

 

2] Play arty yourself, that's the best way to learn what makes life hard for an arty player.  Tip: Hiding behind a rock doesn't work.

 

3] Play your T20 how you like.  I play mine up front and use it's mobility to relocate often.

 

4] WG broke that in the last patch.  Apparently it can be done through the tank comparison.

 

5] Yes.


Edited by Homer_J, 02 September 2018 - 08:18 AM.


Bennie182 #18 Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52586 battles
  • 1,494
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Okay, I have a couple of questions..

 

1] - Do you earn more by getting a kill and damaging let's say 500, or more by damaging 700-1000 but no kill?

kills give good xp, so if you aim for xp, even a 1hp kill is worth more then a full hit, as you took away one of their players. this is also good for increasing win chance.

damage increases more credits though.

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

playing as a support tank and learn to fall back a bit when you notice they focus you. don't pop up too many times on the same spot, as they might be pre-aimed on you. try to not be the only one who's spotted. if you are, it's not strange enemy arty will shoot you.

3] - Am I using my T20 correctly by playing as a supporting role and staying a bit behind almost "camping"? Sometimes I do go for ridgelines and angled positions, and that's also where question 2 pops in.

it has no armor, though it can rarely bounce lower tier shells, so it should be played as support. use gun depression to keep and take shots.

4] - Where can you find the "rare" tanks you had once bought or sold? When going into depot and then let's say press on "modules and shells to sell" it goes to the store (no past vehicles, nothing able to buy for normal credits)

add a tank to comparison, go to compare and then add another tank that you search for. right-click on it and you can click on "recover" if you want to buy it back for credits. it's costs the price you got for it + 10% fee.

5] - Do you consider the Pershing good?

it's been a long time since I've played it, but I didn't like it much. I've heard it's considered to be pretty good.

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate replies & as many answers as possible regarding these questions. Have a :great: day/night/afternoon/evening/whatever!!

 



iztok #19 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,477
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View Postmikkiller, on 01 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

2] - How would you avoid artilleries (a legit answer please, not just these hide behind a rock and camp..)

You do play arty. So just don't do what your arty's targets do, and do what you hate seeing other players do when you target them. Simple, eh? ;)

 

EDIT Looking at your arty stats, I probably have to be more clear:

- FACTS:

    . arty shell travels 2-4 seconds.

    . Arty aim takes 8-15 seconds.

    . Arty accuracy suxx, even fully aimed.

    . Arty takes forever to reload.

- CONSEQUENCES:

    . arty likes to pre-aim common spots

    . arty likes to fire at stationary targets

    . arty hates moving aiming circle, because it makes its aim suxx even more.

- SO:

    . KEEP MOVING! Unpredictably OFC. (shell travel time, moving aim)

    . if (you know you'll be) spotted, don't stand still for more than one second. (shell travel time)

    . never show-up in the same spot you've been spotted before (arty pre-aim) 

    . avoid common spots (arty pre-aim).

 

HTH and BR,  Iztok


Edited by iztok, 02 September 2018 - 09:47 AM.


mikkiller #20 Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10898 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

Thanks for all the replies, most are useful for sure!

 

View Postiztok, on 02 September 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

You do play arty. So just don't do what your arty's targets do, and do what you hate seeing other players do when you target them. Simple, eh? ;)

 

EDIT Looking at your arty stats, I probably have to be more clear:

- FACTS:

    . arty shell travels 2-4 seconds.

    . Arty aim takes 8-15 seconds.

    . Arty accuracy suxx, even fully aimed.

    . Arty takes forever to reload.

- CONSEQUENCES:

    . arty likes to pre-aim common spots

    . arty likes to fire at stationary targets

    . arty hates moving aiming circle, because it makes its aim suxx even more.

- SO:

    . KEEP MOVING! Unpredictably OFC. (shell travel time, moving aim)

    . if (you know you'll be) spotted, don't stand still for more than one second. (shell travel time)

    . never show-up in the same spot you've been spotted before (arty pre-aim) 

    . avoid common spots (arty pre-aim).

 

HTH and BR,  Iztok

 

Only reason I play with my M41 HMC currently is to do the campaign.. But I don't like to play with it. I haven't used my AMX 13 F3 and Lorr 155 since they changed the artillery mechanics really.





Also tagged with Help, Advice, Suggestions, Ideas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users