Please Help! (questions)

Help Advice Suggestions Ideas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

mikkiller #21 Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11028 battles
A little follow up, I tried to be more up "front" with my T20.. Eh.. One match I dealt 400 damage, another I did 1800.. Both tier VIII games. I mean it's 50/50 if you ask me, but what the issue is when I get into a position and get to fire on them after they fired, the heavies on my team just runs away (like they did in the 1800 damage dealt game, they just left me to die while they had double-tripple my amount of hp left).. The two hostile tanks were literally one shot away from death (both of them)...

Solstad1069 #22 Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 02 September 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

A little follow up, I tried to be more up "front" with my T20.. Eh.. One match I dealt 400 damage, another I did 1800.. Both tier VIII games. I mean it's 50/50 if you ask me, but what the issue is when I get into a position and get to fire on them after they fired, the heavies on my team just runs away (like they did in the 1800 damage dealt game, they just left me to die while they had double-tripple my amount of hp left).. The two hostile tanks were literally one shot away from death (both of them)...

Not much you can do about the team WG gives you in the MM lottery.

One battle you roll forward in your slow Td and never see an enemy before they are all dead.

The next battle you fight off 5 enemies with maybe only 1 teammate on the east flank, and you think "wow this is going really well" Then you realise

your 10 other buddies lost the other flank vs 4 enemies even faster.

This is WOT dont trust anyone just use them to your advantage. Basicly fight the enemy close as long as you have most of your HP intact. Then you drop back and try to get even more damage done

before you are a smoking wreck.

In your example, you should fall back, if your enemy heavies also fall back, you fall back even further, until you bump into your own arty, then you lose because you lost mapcontrol.

Very often seen on Muronvanka when your team give the forest to the enemy and refuse to do anything else than camp the hill side.

mikkiller #23 Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11028 battles

View PostSolstad1069, on 02 September 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Not much you can do about the team WG gives you in the MM lottery.

One battle you roll forward in your slow Td and never see an enemy before they are all dead.

The next battle you fight off 5 enemies with maybe only 1 teammate on the east flank, and you think "wow this is going really well" Then you realise

your 10 other buddies lost the other flank vs 4 enemies even faster.

This is WOT dont trust anyone just use them to your advantage. Basicly fight the enemy close as long as you have most of your HP intact. Then you drop back and try to get even more damage done

before you are a smoking wreck.

In your example, you should fall back, if your enemy heavies also fall back, you fall back even further, until you bump into your own arty, then you lose because you lost mapcontrol.

Very often seen on Muronvanka when your team give the forest to the enemy and refuse to do anything else than camp the hill side.

The situation I was in all I had was a rock on Tundra by D1, E1, F1, et cetera and I was up "front" falling back would make me die quicker, since they had these 2 people sitting there aiming at me. The heavies were behind me and just left it, even though they weren't shot at..

Also tagged with Help, Advice, Suggestions, Ideas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users