Jack of all Trades

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Geordiedonkey #1 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13035 battles

So just had a game on Westfield which we lost in my T71DA 

I have a 5 skill crew and the 6th is on 58% when the game was lost i decided to get their spgs, I got one then my driver was injured

but I didn't bother to heal him and waste a med kit at the end of the game so I was just that bit slower and missed the spg by 1 second when the enemy capped

My 58% Commander skill is repairs should I swop it out for Jack of all trades and how good would my driver be at 58%

My thoughts are also with the amount of "silent hits" in the game at the moment sometimes when running away I don't notice my driver is injured 

and the tank slows down at a crucial moment then bang

Have any of you guys got  Jack of all trades and how well does it work

MeetriX #2 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles

I have or had JoAT in Matilda.

Everytime it got hit the gunner died, but after JoAT the gunner gained invulnerability.

So it kind of helped. Re-usable medkits made it obsolete, but if you don't have anything better to choose then it won't hurt either.

tank276 #3 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50088 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostGeordiedonkey, on 02 September 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

So just had a game on Westfield which we lost in my T71DA 

I have a 5 skill crew and the 6th is on 58% when the game was lost i decided to get their spgs, I got one then my driver was injured

but I didn't bother to heal him and waste a med kit at the end of the game so I was just that bit slower and missed the spg by 1 second when the enemy capped

My 58% Commander skill is repairs should I swop it out for Jack of all trades and how good would my driver be at 58%

My thoughts are also with the amount of "silent hits" in the game at the moment sometimes when running away I don't notice my driver is injured 

and the tank slows down at a crucial moment then bang

Have any of you guys got  Jack of all trades and how well does it work

My thoughts on the subject is if you have for a reason a 4 skilled commander (maybe an ex radio operator that you dont use cause up the higher tiers the vehicles didnt need one and you retrained him for gold as another crew), you put him on an "elited" and/or premium tank together with 3-4 other crew members that are low  skilled and you pick  jack of all trades on him.

In this scenario it is worth it very much cause the other crew members will train very quickly, especially if u put xp  plus crew xp boosters.

Cheers

Edit wrong skill, confused the name with mentor

Edited by tank276, 02 September 2018 - 09:29 AM.

Geordiedonkey #4 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13035 battles

Interesting, I know when a tracks shot off because I spin in a circle but not a crew member instantly 

I've got some spare gold so may reset to JoAT later

Cheers

Dava_117 #5 Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19816 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I got it on my T-150, KV-4 and ST-I. It helps a lot because, as first line brawler, arty or other tanks tends to knock out crew a lot, sometime faster than 90 sec cooldown. 

At 100% the skill grant a 50% training level for the first dead crewman (instead of 0%) so, in your case, it's basically as a fresh driver (hence better than no driver). The percentage is divided for the number of dead crewmen, so 2 deads means 25% main qualification for them.

At 58% the skill would grant you a 29% main qualification for the only driver down. 

Edited by Dava_117, 02 September 2018 - 11:16 AM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66541 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I got it on my E75 crew to name one. Why? Because when they trained in the Lowe. The driver died rather often in it. And a dead driver on a Lowe is slower then a T95. So Jack of all trades made that work so much better for it. 

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16244 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Posttank276, on 02 September 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

My thoughts on the subject is if you have for a reason a 4 skilled commander (maybe an ex radio operator that you dont use cause up the higher tiers the vehicles didnt need one and you retrained him for gold as another crew), you put him on an "elited" and/or premium tank together with 3-4 other crew members that are low  skilled and you pick  jack of all trades on him.

In this scenario it is worth it very much cause the other crew members will train very quickly, especially if u put xp  plus crew xp boosters.

Cheers

Edit wrong skill, confused the name with mentor

Exactly what I do.

I can attest this works

Geordiedonkey #8 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13035 battles

View PostDava_117, on 02 September 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

I got it on my T-150, KV-4 and ST-I. It helps a lot because, as first line brawler, arty or other tanks tends to knock out crew a lot, sometime faster than 90 sec cooldown. 

At 100% the skill grant a 50% training level for the first dead crewman (instead of 0%) so, in your case, it's basically as a fresh driver (hence better than no driver). The percentage is divided for the number of dead crewmen, so 2 deads means 25% main qualification for them.

At 58% the skill would grant you a 29% main qualification for the only driver down. 

Ok but I can't see it working

I have say a 17 second reload on my T71 when the loader alone is injured it goes to about 35 seconds, with JoAT on 60% now the same 35 seconds reload it should be on your calculations about 25/26 seconds

also with just the commander injured I have no view range with JoAT  

or am I missing something? 

Geordiedonkey #9 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13035 battles

Ok I have worked it out

This from the Wiki  -  The Jack of All Trades Skill enables the Commander to fill in for and perform the role of any wounded or killed crew members. The replacement starts immediately upon injury or death of a crew member, but is limited to the Skill's current Training Level x 0.5% (Or up to a maximum of 50%) for the first knocked out crew member. If additional crew members are knocked out then the effect is divided evenly between the additional knocked out crew members. If the Commander is replacing one knocked out crewman then the Commander performs that role at 50% level, if he/she must replace 2 knocked out crewman at the same time, the Commander performs each of the two roles at 25%. The Jack of All Trades Skill is useful for large vehicles that can be expected to take a lot of damage dangerous to the crew, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Large or Small First Aid Kit is generally more effective.

But and here it is, My Commander in my T71 is also the Loader so if the commander is knocked out he cannot replace the loader as a Jack of all trades so the skill will not work on these 2 important jobs Load + spotting

If the driver is hit Ok the JoAT will work as expected ( JoAT skill is up to 60% so driver will be operating at 30% under JoAT ) but as this is a 3 crew tank I think I will reset back to repairs

Cheers for the replies guys 

Dava_117 #10 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19816 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGeordiedonkey, on 04 September 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ok I have worked it out

This from the Wiki  -  The Jack of All Trades Skill enables the Commander to fill in for and perform the role of any wounded or killed crew members. The replacement starts immediately upon injury or death of a crew member, but is limited to the Skill's current Training Level x 0.5% (Or up to a maximum of 50%) for the first knocked out crew member. If additional crew members are knocked out then the effect is divided evenly between the additional knocked out crew members. If the Commander is replacing one knocked out crewman then the Commander performs that role at 50% level, if he/she must replace 2 knocked out crewman at the same time, the Commander performs each of the two roles at 25%. The Jack of All Trades Skill is useful for large vehicles that can be expected to take a lot of damage dangerous to the crew, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Large or Small First Aid Kit is generally more effective.

But and here it is, My Commander in my T71 is also the Loader so if the commander is knocked out he cannot replace the loader as a Jack of all trades so the skill will not work on these 2 important jobs Load + spotting

If the driver is hit Ok the JoAT will work as expected ( JoAT skill is up to 60% so driver will be operating at 30% under JoAT ) but as this is a 3 crew tank I think I will reset back to repairs

Cheers for the replies guys 

That may be the best idea. JoAT works well when commander have just his role. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users