Annoyed by Map-Ping-Spam? Here's a fix!

ping-spam custom mod

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Tiddy #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles

Hoi there, so i am not sure, if you know about this but I discovered a great fix to the constant map-ping-spam.

Most of you probably heard of Elkanos Map Ping Blocker which restricts pinging only to 3 times every 10 seconds and 1 time for an individual field. Not bad but I myself couldn't even stand that cause almost everyone who pings uses 3 different fields on the map.

Personally I am more annoyed by the sound of the ping but there is no way to silence it this at the moment.

Anyway here is another approach.

If you have Elkanos Mod installed you just have to go to the config folder which will contain a .json file with the mod name.

Open it with notepad and you can set the ping amount from 3 to whatever value you fancy.

1 seems to be a reasonable amount but for now I am set at 0 and am enjoying the silence. :3

Hope that helps anyone to concentrate more on the battle. :D

Oh and please spare me the "grow up" comments and what not. If you check your map regularly you don't need your team to ping every 5 seconds, right?

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 12219 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Hoi there, so i am not sure, if you know about this but I discovered a great fix to the constant map-ping-spam.

Most of you probably heard of Elkanos Map Ping Blocker which restricts pinging only to 3 times every 10 seconds and 1 time for an individual field. Not bad but I myself couldn't even stand that cause almost everyone who pings uses 3 different fields on the map.

Personally I am more annoyed by the sound of the ping but there is no way to silence it this at the moment.

If you have Elkanos Mod installed you just have to go to the config folder which will contain a .json file with the mod name.

Open it with notepad and you can set the ping amount from 3 to whatever value you fancy.

1 seems to be a reasonable amount but for now I am set at 0 and am enjoying the silence. :3

Oh and please spare me the "grow up" comments and what not. If you check your map regularly you don't need your team to ping every 5 seconds, right?

Damn right but after so many updates the mods or at least half of them do not work, this also goes for WoT's replays, WG definitely needs to fix that

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30672 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

@OP classy username...

If you really do check the map often enough to know exactly what's happening and what you should do, that's a nice fix.

Keyanu #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

There's also another fix which is already in game without having to download a mod.

Just set the player to "Block for this battle" and it goes away :)

BKatt #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32537 battles

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

There's also another fix which is already in game without having to download a mod.

^

FizzleMcSnizzle #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4502 battles
Nyeeees there's always the option to block the pinger for the battle, but it can be a bit awkward when you are getting shot at... Wouldn't ever download a mod for this, but it's one of those incredibly easy to implement options that should be in the vanilla game.

Tiddy #7 Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

That's what I did until I got annoyed by having to block about at least 4 people every battle. Not worth my time. :D

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

@OP classy username...

If you really do check the map often enough to know exactly what's happening and what you should do, that's a nice fix.

It's actually not a reference to any body part, if you mean that. My original name was Tidus, which I first started WoT with, but after a few battles I found out that I registered on the NA server, which doesn't work well playing on EU. Anyway, enough of me. :O

Keyanu #8 Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

That's what I did until I got annoyed by having to block about at least 4 people every battle. Not worth my time. :D

Block 4 each battle? Surely that's an over-exaggeration

Tiddy #9 Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Block 4 each battle? Surely that's an over-exaggeration

I mean that's just me. I am pretty sensitive to sound and if someone starts pinging three different fields on the map before our tanks even rolled out I blocked him.

So, for me it's not but for the average player it probably is.

Keyanu #10 Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I mean that's just me. I am pretty sensitive to sound and if someone starts pinging three different fields on the map before our tanks even rolled out I blocked him.

You can turn down the in-game sounds if that's the case. People who do ping before the game even starts is a way of communicating to others that s/he is going there so either a) help or b) get in a position to support. 3 pings is not really excessive.

However, the ones who die and then ping the map over and over and over are the one's worth blocking

Tiddy #11 Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

You can turn down the in-game sounds if that's the case. People who do ping before the game even starts is a way of communicating to others that s/he is going there so either a) help or b) get in a position to support. 3 pings is not really excessive.

However, the ones who die and then ping the map over and over and over are the one's worth blocking

Tried the sound thing before I got my solution but that won't really work as the sound for sixth sense and various other sounds are affected by this as well. That's why I was initially looking for the specific sound file of the ping to replace/mute it.

Oh and I myself did use the ping at the start just as you described and that's totally ok but in my oppinion one ping is more than enough. :)

But yeah, that's probably my indivudual problem and I luckily found a solution which I wanted to share. Cause my platoon mates for example are also very happy about my fix. :D

But I guess birds of a feather flock together. :D

And yes the ones who die are probably the most annoying. While I don't see the pings at the moment my mods still display colored dots on the map or lines they can draw and thus I see the dead players sprinkling the map with dots and lines. 

I'm glad I don't have to wittness all that stuff anymore. :3

Keyanu #12 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Tried the sound thing before I got my solution but that won't really work as the sound for sixth sense and various other sounds are affected by this as well. That's why I was initially looking for the specific sound file of the ping to replace/mute it.

Oh and I myself did use the ping at the start just as you described and that's totally ok but in my oppinion one ping is more than enough. :)

But yeah, that's probably my indivudual problem and I luckily found a solution which I wanted to share. Cause my platoon mates for example are also very happy about my fix. :D

But I guess birds of a feather flock together. :D

And yes the ones who die are probably the most annoying. While I don't see the pings at the moment my mods still display colored dots on the map or lines they can draw and thus I see the dead players sprinkling the map with dots and lines. 

I'm glad I don't have to wittness all that stuff anymore. :3

Ah yes, other sounds will be affected also. Still, glad you have a solution that works for you :)

The one's that ping the map excessively after they have died are usually the mega toxic ones so they are not worth knowing in any rate

CircleOfSorrow #13 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29090 battles
It really would be a great quality of life improvement if WG simply restricted every player to one ping every ten seconds.  I like to click continuously on those players I blame for my death for about thirty seconds before deciding to return to garage.  It must be so annoying...

Tiddy #14 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 03 September 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

It really would be a great quality of life improvement if WG simply restricted every player to one ping every ten seconds.  I like to click continuously on those players I blame for my death for about thirty seconds before deciding to return to garage.  It must be so annoying...

While I support the first prt of your sentence it pretty much derails after that and sounds more like you're part of the problem. :unsure:

Etre_ #15 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52410 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostKeyanu, on 03 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

When it works  .... 

Edited by Etre_, 03 September 2018 - 03:09 PM.

xx984 #16 Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53863 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

I'm taking credit for this, due to my post on the old thread :3

Bordhaw #17 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11379 battles

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hellraiser0201 #18 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23411 battles

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

+1

I hate this sound so much that i often need to block 3+ players every battle :) its a shame that WG don't add option to block it, but hey we are talking about WG after all...

Pinging is not only annoying for ears but also distractive, it often makes me lose focus on the game.

CircleOfSorrow #19 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29090 battles

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

While I support the first prt of your sentence it pretty much derails after that and sounds more like you're part of the problem. :unsure:

I don't have words...

Tiddy #20 Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22917 battles
Maybe I've misread your last part but it sounded like you spam your team when you're frustrated. Fighting fire with fires doesn't seem like a good solution. o.o"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users