No punishment for repeatedly tracking allies?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

goodman528 #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11851 battles
  • [FACE] FACE
One medium tank on my team repeatedly tracked me while I was in the open, because he wanted the enemy team to shoot at me instead of him. I shot him and was suspended for team damage. Is there no punishment for repeatedly tracking your allies? If that is the case, wouldn't it be hilarious to do it to your teammates all of the time?

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30371 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Team damage needs to be disabled completely and anyone who thinks otherwise is an utter muppet. There are no negative effects of disabling it.

Tiddy #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22612 battles

View Postgoodman528, on 03 September 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

One medium tank on my team repeatedly tracked me while I was in the open, because he wanted the enemy team to shoot at me instead of him. I shot him and was suspended for team damage. Is there no punishment for repeatedly tracking your allies? If that is the case, wouldn't it be hilarious to do it to your teammates all of the time?

I am pretty sure, if you shoot tracks enough you will get blue eventually. Modules have hp too and you reduce it by shooting it. So I think he just didn't hit enough to warrant him getting blue or banned.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65730 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
There is. But depends on how often you do it vs him. If you shoot faster for less alpha, or you have more points or your team to enemy damage ratio as is. You might take the fall before he does. 

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
How often did you shoot him? Looks like you have a history of team damage.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Team damage needs to be disabled completely and anyone who thinks otherwise is an utter muppet. There are no negative effects of disabling it.

I'm an utter muppet then. But better to be an utter muppet than being someone who has the intellect of a wet brick.

Hint: Use the search function to find out why you are wrong.

PervyPastryPuffer #7 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30371 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJigabachi, on 03 September 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm an utter muppet then. But better to be an utter muppet than being someone who has the intellect of a wet brick.

How can team damage be beneficial to anything and anyone?

goodman528 #8 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11851 battles
  • [FACE] FACE

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 September 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

How often did you shoot him? Looks like you have a history of team damage.

I don't have a history of team damage. I do however play high tier artillery and sometimes you splash allies. This is the only time I delibrately shot an ally.

He tracked me three times, I shot him 3 times for ~1200 damage and killed him.

Augustini #9 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11837 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
I tracked a retarded T57 player 3 times in a row in the open the other day after he shoot me twice. I then got blue and he killed me, seconds later he god killed so it was still worth it. So yeah, tracking makes you blue  even if you dont do any dmg. Still blue btw, retarded system.

Tiddy #10 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22612 battles

View Postgoodman528, on 03 September 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

I don't have a history of team damage. I do however play high tier artillery and sometimes you splash allies. This is the only time I delibrately shot an ally.

As far as I found out your splash won't count as team damage as long as you've hit an enemy with your splash, too. Anyway, watch your fire and please never ever return fire for team damage. If the guy is blue, shoot away but other than that you aren't doing yourself any favour, regardless how much you think you need to vent.

Midnightsun1912 #11 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22216 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Besides driving in line of fire. Creating even mote unreaöistc situations. Right now you cant just take crazy snipes on enemies. If you are worried about abusers. What will you do about pushing or other haressment?long story short mske any team damage costöy in terms of credits much more as it is. Include detracking etc. Just a penalty of hits to a friend

PervyPastryPuffer #12 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30371 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostMidnightsun1912, on 03 September 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

What will you do about pushing or other haressment?

LOL this is the argument I was waiting for.

Yeah, what CAN I do? Shoot him? That won't ban him, that'll ban me.

What I can do in that situation is save the replay and send it to support, let them deal with it.

^2nd line is exactly what happened to the OP, he ended up as the victim of a team damage system abuser. OP reacted, and got banned.

Even if he sends the replay to support I doubt they'd do anything because OP is the one who ended up turning blue, and then they'll spew some nonsense about how the automated team damage detection system is working as intended, yeah that's fair...

Jigabachi #13 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

How can team damage be beneficial to anything and anyone?

Right in the quoted post you used:

Swim_Swim #14 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4275 battles

View PostMidnightsun1912, on 03 September 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Besides driving in line of fire. Creating even mote unreaöistc situations. Right now you cant just take crazy snipes on enemies. If you are worried about abusers. What will you do about pushing or other haressment?long story short mske any team damage costöy in terms of credits much more as it is. Include detracking etc. Just a penalty of hits to a friend

Any team collision should result with the ban of the pusher. Thats how it should be. As it is now you cant even play one game where troll little kids in platoon dont kill/damage/push one of ur allies or u. So many with mental disability,system should be reworked to deal with those kind of creatures

Balc0ra #15 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65730 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postgoodman528, on 03 September 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

It takes 3 to 4 shots to turn blue, and then you get banned on the first shot as blue. Module damage alone might be 4 if he has a clean record. If you had an arty splash mishap or even got ramming damage out of cap a few times that day "yes that counts too". Then you will need less. As you turned blue in 2 shots and got banned on 3. So you had some marks before. 

In any case. What you should have done is let him track you until he tunrs blue. Then you smack him for it. Not before. As the system don't care who started it. Only who takes it the furthest. 

View PostTiddy, on 03 September 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

As far as I found out your splash won't count as team damage as long as you've hit an enemy with your splash, too.

If it's only a stun. Then no. If you did module damage to them too, as in tracks. Then yes it still counts. Even on a direct hit on enemy targets. 

View PostSwim_Swim, on 03 September 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Any team collision should result with the ban of the pusher. Thats how it should be. As it is now you cant even play one game where troll little kids in platoon dont kill/damage/push one of ur allies or u. So many with mental disability,system should be reworked to deal with those kind of creatures

As it works now it's given to the one going the fastest. As if you get pushed, then you are usually the one standing still. As it was done that way due to all the lights giving HT's fines for ramming into them all the time back in the day when they wanted to get out of cap fast. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 September 2018 - 02:59 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #16 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30371 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJigabachi, on 03 September 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm too lazy to use the wonky search function and you're too lazy to briefly explain the reason in a short post...

It seems we've reached a stalemate, m8.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 03 September 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

He can use the search function, but he won't find out he is wrong seeing as you'll see the same old weak arguments in favour of team damage which are massively outweighed by the negatives.

Team damage should be turned off, it's abused, it offers little protection against other forms of griefing, more often than not getting the victim banned not the offenders. The only other arguments you see in favour of it are some nonsense ones about 'skill' that have no real relevance to WOTs and more refer to FPS which WOTs is not. People baselessly claiming that without team damage people would be shooting willy nilly, cos you know that 17s reload in my E100, I totally don't want to do full damage with that and aim carefully, nah I'll just shoot it randomly now I can't damage my teammates.  :facepalm:

View Postgoodman528, on 03 September 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

That is a history of team damage, accident or not.

Also if he only tracked you 3 times then I think there is slightly more tolerance to tracking/no damage shots than damaging shots so if he had done it again he'd have probably turned blue.

People like him will often know the limits of the system and will work round it to continue their trolling, you also played into his hands, they want you to get banned etc. 

It's why the system is stupid, team damage should just be turned off because it brings nothing positive to the game and is basically just abused by people to troll others. 

It was off in frontlines and it was a much pleasurable environment there, especially in scouts where the idiot TD players couldn't damage you and ruin your game just because you weren't suicide scouting for them. 

Edited by Simeon85, 03 September 2018 - 03:13 PM.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

I'm too lazy to use the wonky search function and you're too lazy to briefly explain the reason in a short post...

It seems we've reached a stalemate, m8.

This got discussed back and forth multiple times. So if you don't want to put any effort into doing some research or even thinking about it for more than 5 seconds, maybe don't come up with a nonsensical "Everyone who disagrees with me..."-post? 

PervyPastryPuffer #19 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30371 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJigabachi, on 03 September 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

This got discussed back and forth multiple times. So if you don't want to put any effort into doing some research or even thinking about it for more than 5 seconds, maybe don't come up with a nonsensical "Everyone who disagrees with me..."-post? 

I was always for the removal of team damage, never against it. I said what I said.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65730 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

I was always for the removal of team damage, never against it. I said what I said.

And after seeing how WOT console turned out after removing it. I'm against it. As all that did was promote more ways to ruin the game for you, or your team since they can't use their gun for it. So instead of just shotting him and going away and that's that. It went to chance after him constantly to make sure he can't do damage. Ram him so he flips. Or even a platoon of super heavies that pushed a tank into the water. As they could not do it the old way. So instead of just shooting, they went out of their way to get it done. And that's more or less every 5th game on WOT console now. 

Then again removing friendly track damage would be simpler. And just make it a zero damage hit... not a zero damage crit hit. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users