oddball players who block/push your tank

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Orwellzak #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12645 battles

What is it with oddball players who either park right in front of you, or push your tank out of the way? had it a few times when playing TD.

Even had one following me around the map telling me to shoot him....

Dava_117 #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19891 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Special people are everywhere. WoT included. Just forget about them and have fun. Or if you're naughty, troll them.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOrwellzak, on 03 September 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

What is it with oddball players who either park right in front of you, or push your tank out of the way? had it a few times when playing TD.

As Dava says, just ignore them - it drives them mad when they can't get a rise out of you and will likely result in them taking a shot or two and, hopefully, getting themselves banned.

But, worth noting that you should NEVER under any circumstances shoot back at them - it's what they want you to do and means they have won.

The guy asking you to shoot him was probably after some free silver/credits.

And welcome to the forum:)

It can be a vile, stinking cesspit of bad-tempered children but, for the most part, these guys are alright.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50875 battles

You can act like you're AFK for a while till he loses interest and find something else to do.

If he needs the position you're in, better leave it to him and move somewhere else.

Also you can report him which is actually useless! :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 03 September 2018 - 06:33 PM.

jugilismaani #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22381 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
They are just children having fun driving around. Usually very low attention span so like others have said, just ignore them and they will move on to the next person when they get no reaction :) 

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just make them notice you. A little nudge here and there wakes them up. Had a game where a LT always popped into my line of fire and nudged my tank so i gave him a bump because he was ruining my aim. He didn't realize he was at fault and tried to push me...bad for him my LT had more power...then he left after i had his arse hanging over the edge of the elevated spot i was occupying. The only way to deal with egoists and those lacking awareness. Just make sure your tank has more pushing power.

Sometimes they shoot you and turn blue. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 03 September 2018 - 06:56 PM.

CremeFraiche #7 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 September 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Just make them notice you. A little nudge here and there wakes them up. Had a game where a LT always popped into my line of fire and nudged my tank so i gave him a bump because he was ruining my aim. He didn't realize he was at fault and tried to push me...bad for him my LT had more power...then he left after i had his arse hanging over the edge of the elevated spot i was occupying. The only way to deal with egoists and those lacking awareness. Just make sure your tank has more pushing power.

Sometimes they shoot you and turn blue. 

With a little rewrite and with the voice of David Attenborough this could pass for an introduction for a new species.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11756 battles

View PostOrwellzak, on 03 September 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

PervyPastryPuffer #9 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31208 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Had one muppet park on the north spawn's sidescraping corner on Siegfried Line in his premium progetto, I was driving right behind him in my Caernarvon until we got to that spot, I wanted to sidescrape there...but he was sidescraping instead! In a paper medium! :facepalm: So I pushed him outta there...then he pushes me as I'm sidescraping and suddenly I'm a oneshot.

...I could've just let him do his thing and die on that corner but I wasn't feeling like tolerating such nonsense. Of course he gets away unharmed because I'd already used up all my reports before that evening! :deer:

Tiddy #10 Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23677 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 03 September 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Had one muppet park on the north spawn's sidescraping corner on Siegfried Line in his premium progetto, I was driving right behind him in my Caernarvon until we got to that spot, I wanted to sidescrape there...but he was sidescraping instead! In a paper medium! :facepalm: So I pushed him outta there...then he pushes me as I'm sidescraping and suddenly I'm a oneshot.

...I could've just let him do his thing and die on that corner but I wasn't feeling like tolerating such nonsense. Of course he gets away unharmed because I'd already used up all my reports before that evening! :deer:

I guess that's the lesson there. Don't fight stupid. There is nothing really to be gained. 

4nt #11 Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23304 battles
Was grinding nashorn and a bob parked his chaffee sideways to my front bumper for minute or so. I believe exact wording of mine to game chat was 'lookie, one and half meters of extra armor!' He scooted off to suiscout about one and half seconds later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users