Suggestion for Grand Battles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Piroger #1 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43521 battles
  • [S_G_B] S_G_B

Grand Battles is in my opinion a great way to get some variety to the game. However all tier 10 tanks are not competitive due to the ammo loadout. Grand battles are also very hard to complete missions in due to the high number of players.

Suggestions:

- Please increase all ammo loadout for all tanks with some fixed percentage (50% maybe).

- Please modify the missions to include battles with 30 players in each team. E.G. instead of being in the top 10 by experience, you should be in the top 2/3.

The suggestions above would greatly improve the experience of Grand Battles.

Igor_BL #2 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [GX] GX

GBs are best example how WG spend their time and resources on something useless as GB.

mode that offeres nothing new (in reality), has crap maps, has only few maps in rotation, stil has the same problems as random battles (i.e. arty craping all over the place) etc etc

best choice is to remove GB completely, and never mention it again

Edited by Igor_BL, 04 September 2018 - 11:13 AM.

jack_timber #3 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33077 battles

View PostIgor_BL, on 04 September 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

GB are best example how WG spend their time and resources on something useless as GB.

mod that offeres nothing new (in reality), has crap maps, has only few maps in rotation, stil has the same problems as random battles (i.e. arty craping all over the place) etc etc

best choice is to remove GB completely, and never mention it again

You do know you can toggle GBs on and off don't you?

Didn't realise this was arty whiners thread, why don't you use the pinned thread for this. Oh you do....

Anyways yes GBs are rather good but would agree that could do with increasing ammo loadout especially when I take T92HMC into battle only got 16 rounds. Never mind all premium shells:)

Paketeman #4 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43456 battles
  • [NLIFE] NLIFE
another guy who shows how limited is his brain.....if 30 players by team let arty reloads 20 times on a battle becouse they play  like cowards who is doing it wrong?........the coward people of course....not a arty problem...thisis the main problem of this game....to much lamers who only know to play using the semiilegal mods peeking when enemy is looking someone else or they see he shooted other tank.....play to not play lamers.....

Igor_BL #5 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [GX] GX

View Postjack_timber, on 04 September 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

You do know you can toggle GBs on and off don't you?

Didn't realise this was arty whiners thread, why don't you use the pinned thread for this. Oh you do....

Anyways yes GBs are rather good but would agree that could do with increasing ammo loadout especially when I take T92HMC into battle only got 16 rounds. Never mind all premium shells:)

1) yes, i know. i have turned it off

2) haha you are so funny, calling people whiners. pointing out real problems in this game isnt whining, like many mediocre bobs think

3) no, they are not good, they are crap, and because of that not many people even play those

SovietBias #6 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37404 battles

View PostPiroger, on 04 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Grand Battles is in my opinion a great way to get some variety to the game. However all tier 10 tanks are not competitive due to the ammo loadout. Grand battles are also very hard to complete missions in due to the high number of players.

Suggestions:

- Please increase all ammo loadout for all tanks with some fixed percentage (50% maybe).

- Please modify the missions to include battles with 30 players in each team. E.G. instead of being in the top 10 by experience, you should be in the top 2/3.

The suggestions above would greatly improve the experience of Grand Battles.

I don't mind GB but this really gets me. When trying to complete top of the tree missions I usually turn them off just because they take longer and it is harder to meet the requirements. I'd really like WG could change this.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66042 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostIgor_BL, on 04 September 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

GBs are best example how WG spend their time and resources on something useless as GB.

Well, fun fact. GB is not made by WG, or anyone of their staff. It's a mode that was outsourced to a 3rd party company in Germany. The same that did FL later. GB was basically the stage one test of FL. 

Tho it's a great way to get some missions done more easily. It should still get some changes to make it more... appealing. As I've had it on since the mode arrived. Not seen a GB game for 3 months. Suddenly got one last night in the 155 trying to coalition missions. Tier X balance is ofc one aspect. But OP's suggestions are not that bad for. But not enough alone to make it more appealing for most again. 

View PostIgor_BL, on 04 September 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

mode that offeres nothing new (in reality), has crap maps, has only few maps in rotation, stil has the same problems as random battles (i.e. arty craping all over the place) etc etc

Even if arty was not allowed to enter that mode, or if they had 10 maps that were all well made. I suspect the mode would not be more popular. It's not that it has the same issue as randoms. It's because it's still just like random game mode, just with more players. It needs something to set it apart. Console has a big map mode for high tiers too. But unlike randoms, they removed the cap. It's team elimination instead. With a few tricks if the time runs out. So no draws. 

Igor_BL #8 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [GX] GX

well, i wrote "offeres nothing new"... yep, it is same as Randoms, just bigger... not much novelty there.

didnt knew that 3rd part thing, thought FL was the first

KillingJoker #9 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33240 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

They would be smart if they introduced tier 8 grand battles and if was not optional, but simply combined with randoms...

they would work like frontline in a way to obtain more credits than usual in a shorter amount of time in my opinion...

but i guess wg doesn't care about the current state of the mm, since it have so many flaw's, i am currently grinding the 40TP and more than half of my games were in the 3-5-7 mm

vs tier VIII's

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15762 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostKillingJoker, on 04 September 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

They would be smart if they introduced tier 8 grand battles and if was not optional, but simply combined with randoms...

This is worthy of a thread of its own.

Cannes76 #11 Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 65664 battles
  • [3V] 3V

If no arty was allowed into GB's it would very quickly become the most popular gamemode.

4 arty per team on a map with obvious hotpots is unplayable.

jack_timber #12 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33077 battles

View PostPaketeman, on 04 September 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

another guy who shows how limited is his brain.....if 30 players by team let arty reloads 20 times on a battle becouse they play  like cowards who is doing it wrong?........the coward people of course....not a arty problem...thisis the main problem of this game....to much lamers who only know to play using the semiilegal mods peeking when enemy is looking someone else or they see he shooted other tank.....play to not play lamers.....

I will try and answer....

1. Yes old age, early onset of dementia unfortunately but on the bright side make new friends every day.

2. Really?

3. No

4. Yes you are right

5. No mods, why do you use them you appear to know a lot about them.

6. What was 6 again see Q1....

Geno1isme #13 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42054 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 September 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well, fun fact. GB is not made by WG, or anyone of their staff. It's a mode that was outsourced to a 3rd party company in Germany. The same that did FL later. GB was basically the stage one test of FL.

You're mixing things up: Bongfish (that 3rd party, from Austria btw) developed the original T10 frontline mode and map on the sandbox server. After the sandbox test the results were used to implement Grand Battles, and much later the T8 Frontline mode. After all there wasn't really much to develop for GB, it's just a slightly bigger map with more people (unlike Frontline which actually introduced a number of new mechanics).

If/how Bongfish was still involved in any WoT development after the initial sandbox test of Frontline is unknown. And going by an interview last year with their community manager it wasn't a classic outsourcing job anyway, more like WG hired them to help with their expertise: https://www.redbull....cherer-bongfish (in german)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users