Block "X" Amount Of Damage Missions - Dumb

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21585 battles

Hi Guys,

Just a word to WG devs. I am not a prolific heavy tank player but even so, I would never actively look to purposefully get shot during a battle and feel this is a really dumb request for completing a mission. It's a stupid thing to do is to knowingly go in a battle to look to take shots and not shoot back. It's counter productive to sit in front of enemy tanks, turn down shots on those enemy tanks, just to try and accumulate a certain amount of blocked damage. It's also unfair to your teammates as you selfishly chose to put your tank in harms way on purpose and refuse to shoot enemy tanks, all of which is not helping win the battle anywhere near as much as you could be.

That T-34 shielded marathon, several missions before that, marathons, PM and new PM again I see it. Block X amount of damage or block twice your hp in dmg, it's just never cool to for players to go and look to get shot. We get shot during battle, we try and block, if our armor works, great, that's the plan when we angle and sidescrape and go hull down and wiggle our turrets and scoot over and back etc but NEVER have I actually looked to get shot in any situation and it's not cool to ask players to do that. I turned down several of those block missions because it's just dumb and it cost me the camo and other items. Not cool. If you devs actually played this game you would know how dumb a request it is. 

cragarion #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 September 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

Just a word to WG devs. I am not a prolific heavy tank player but even so, I would never actively look to purposefully get shot during a battle and feel this is a really dumb request for completing a mission. It's a stupid thing to do is to knowingly go in a battle to look to take shots and not shoot back. It's counter productive to sit in front of enemy tanks, turn down shots on those enemy tanks, just to try and accumulate a certain amount of blocked damage. It's also unfair to your teammates as you selfishly chose to put your tank in harms way on purpose and refuse to shoot enemy tanks, all of which is not helping win the battle anywhere near as much as you could be.

That T-34 shielded marathon, several missions before that, marathons, PM and new PM again I see it. Block X amount of damage or block twice your hp in dmg, it's just never cool to for players to go and look to get shot. We get shot during battle, we try and block, if our armor works, great, that's the plan when we angle and sidescrape and go hull down and wiggle our turrets and scoot over and back etc but NEVER have I actually looked to get shot in any situation and it's not cool to ask players to do that. I turned down several of those block missions because it's just dumb and it cost me the camo and other items. Not cool. If you devs actually played this game you would know how dumb a request it is. 

Just play the game and forget missions you will get them when you least expect it, i was driving my type 4 on prokhorovka yesterday and got spotted before i even got into cover, blocked 2.5k damage in the first 2 mins of the battle and i was not even trying, was just trying to get my slow clumsy tank un-spotted so i could stay alive, lucky i didn't even take any damage it was just the fast lights and meds shooting at me.

speedphlux #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44076 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
That was a mission for the USA, UK and Poland as far as I remember, right ? Funny thing is, I completed it driving my T25 Pilot. Man needs credits I guess. If I really wanted to TriHard it, I would've picked up a T32 or T29 or T95 or Super Conqueror or ... whatever really.

A prolific Heavy tanker would know his tanks and maps. It's the Heavies job to push the tempo or hold a location and therefor - get shot a lot. Sometimes you extend a bit too far, sometimes the enemies overwhelm you and sometimes they just tap the "2" key. That's life. There was nothing wrong with the mission. HT-12 for the 260 is by far the worst mission a Heavy tanker can get - block x3 you HP and deal 3k damage.

Homer_J #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There's only so many ways you can dress up do x damage, the missions have to have some variety.

Yes there is the incentive to modify your play to achieve a mission objective but that applies no matter what the objective is.

Troubledove #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42632 battles
  • [METAL] METAL

There is problem with blocked damage missions... people are NOT stupid. 

By the time tier is big enough to actually be able to do the missions involving blocked damage - players are smart enough not to shoot heavy armor parts. You can openly hulldown and nobody shoots you because you are hulldown. They will doubletap 2 if that helps making you unable to block damage, switch to HE and that doesnt count towards blocked damage or simply not shoot. 

Even quite inexperienced players will stop shooting you once they bounce maybe four shots. 

So these missions - especially the demanding ones - often require you to find the perfect enemy consisting of ignorant idiots who will keep shooting you with AP or weaker premium ammo despite no effect. Also - to accumulate the blocked damage - you cannot return fire once you find that kind of idiot since you need him alive.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21585 battles

Ya well, bad and all as some players are in this game, they don't tend to be that bad. You think you can just pull up to a nice hull down position with your IS7 and let idiots t off on your stronk turret? It doesn't play out that way and you know it. Players usually already know and they won't bother with you. For other heavies, same situation and where they can they either go APCR or HEAT, failing that, they go the poors mans gold and use HE. Most other cases you will be nicely placed and seemingly safe only for SPG to click on your head, it's just not a sensible mission request for a game that supposed to be played to win.

Like I said, I'm not a keen heavy tank player, exclusively because of arty, but even so, when I do play heavies, I certainly look to bounce and block shots when the situation arises but I never actively look to sit in front of guns taking shots and not shooting back just to satisfy some set of mission requirements, of all the missions, that's the one that bothers me the most. Maybe it's just me, fine,

cragarion #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 05 September 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

That was a mission for the USA, UK and Poland as far as I remember, right ? Funny thing is, I completed it driving my T25 Pilot. Man needs credits I guess. If I really wanted to TriHard it, I would've picked up a T32 or T29 or T95 or Super Conqueror or ... whatever really.

Yeh but there are similar missions on all of them, i actually had one on the Japanese block damage from 2 different tanks, have to do it 15 times, extremely simple this one lol 

Homer_J #8 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcragarion, on 05 September 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Yeh but there are similar missions on all of them, i actually had one on the Japanese block damage from 2 different tanks, have to do it 15 times, extremely simple this one lol 

You would think so but I had a real problem getting people to actually shoot at my Maus or Type 5.

Would have been quicker and more profitable doing it in the Lowe.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19129 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi Guys,

I don't agree. Being shot and tank damage for the paper tanks is part of any good HT player (or you would prefere the super heavy to hide so all the enemy can focus your paper med?). Blocking damage also help to keep enemy distracted from the main push. Won a lot of game in this way, having 2-3 tanks regulary ouncing me for minutes. Also, baiting enemy to shot an armoured location it's crucial in brawling situation and HTs duel. To be fair, I did most of the blocking mission for T-34S in 1 or 2 games of standard HT gameplay.

Those mission teach how to effectively use armour and are as important as deal damage missions or get assist missions.

Robbie_T #10 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15900 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hi Guys,

Block dmg missions are easy,just activate and will complete its self.

Had one this week complete it easy in my 50 tp.

But people are totally mission horney now ....even clan mates of mine.

Uhm i cant play that tank becuase i need to complete that mission...........

Also there some people who think they can complete the missions in a tier 5...those missions are mostly made for higher tiers.(or complete them faster)

I hope the japanese have a block dmg mission...will be peanuts in my type 5.

Edited by Robbie_T, 05 September 2018 - 12:34 PM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #11 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4515 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 September 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

You would think so but I had a real problem getting people to actually shoot at my Maus or Type 5.

I had no such problems. Sadly, they all fired gold at my Type 5 and I never managec it. Just gave up and used an order

zlaja031 #12 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7185 battles

lol, did you finished HT-12 i thiink???

it's armor using in the game. HTs are for that. 

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 65336 battles
I bought an O-I today just for this. It's wrong, I tell you. So wrong. :child:

Dava_117 #14 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19129 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 05 September 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I bought an O-I today just for this. It's wrong, I tell you. So wrong. :child:

Yeh. I have 35% WR in it. Crappy tank with On/Off armour that can't be angled reliably. :sceptic:

Cobra6 #15 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Personal missions promote weird and often stupid play styles, just to get them complete.

Blocking damage are one of those unfortunately. That being said, at least it teaches the player base something about angling and effective use of armor so they are not all that bad.

Cobra 6

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21585 battles

View PostDava_117, on 05 September 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

I don't agree. Being shot and tank damage for the paper tanks is part of any good HT player (or you would prefere the super heavy to hide so all the enemy can focus your paper med?). Blocking damage also help to keep enemy distracted from the main push. Won a lot of game in this way, having 2-3 tanks regulary ouncing me for minutes. Also, baiting enemy to shot an armoured location it's crucial in brawling situation and HTs duel. To be fair, I did most of the blocking mission for T-34S in 1 or 2 games of standard HT gameplay.

Those mission teach how to effectively use armour and are as important as deal damage missions or get assist missions.

I never said don't agree with heavy tanks using their armor sensibly WHEN YOU NEED TO, I agree with what you said obviously and thought I said something similar. What I'm saying is I think it's just stupid to go into any battle looking to get shot on purpose and, since targets are not always stupid window lickers, when you actually DO find a nub that continues to bounce rocks off your armor over and over, even though the first 10 times should suggest he stops lol, it's still dumb to not shoot him back and look to kill him, reduce the enemy team by a tank and help your team by pushing on to the next target. Should I really go into a battle with my IS7 looking to be a pinata on tracks and bounce nearly 5k dmg? Sure most heavy tanks tend to, over the course of a battle, block or bounce their own hp in dmg but you play focused on winning the battle, helping your teammates and killing tanks, not being a dork pinata on tracks.

Dava_117 #17 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19129 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 September 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

I never said don't agree with heavy tanks using their armor sensibly WHEN YOU NEED TO, I agree with what you said obviously and thought I said something similar. What I'm saying is I think it's just stupid to go into any battle looking to get shot on purpose and, since targets are not always stupid window lickers, when you actually DO find a nub that continues to bounce rocks off your armor over and over, even though the first 10 times should suggest he stops lol, it's still dumb to not shoot him back and look to kill him, reduce the enemy team by a tank and help your team by pushing on to the next target. Should I really go into a battle with my IS7 looking to be a pinata on tracks and bounce nearly 5k dmg? Sure most heavy tanks tend to, over the course of a battle, block or bounce their own hp in dmg but you play focused on winning the battle, helping your teammates and killing tanks, not being a dork pinata on tracks.

In this terms yes, you're right. But it's more a player side problem than mission itself. As you said, playing normally you will eventually get all the mission (other types included) so wasting wins to get a mission is quite dumb, but if we have idiots sacrificing wins to get 3 MoE or purple WN8, you will have those too. :)

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21585 battles
I treat my T29 like trash just to do those type of missions as it's the only heavy tank I have with the least amount of hp to have to double in block but it feels dumb to just look through a window with my stronk turret mantlet and basically ask the enemy team to shoot me in the face. I even track them so I don't actually hurt them and they can't get away JUST so they will shoot me. It's like catch and release, in the meantime the team is losing so it's both selfish me and dumb playstyle all encouraged by a dumb mission 
14:04 Added after 6 minutes

View PostDava_117, on 05 September 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

but if we have idiots sacrificing wins to get 3 MoE or purple WN8, you will have those too. :)

I've only ever increase my win rate and WN8 marking tanks. It doesn't work that way. I also hate the notion of redline camping to stat pads. How does redline camping ever work? You'd only get a few token shots and kills at the end of a battle doing that, assuming your team doesn't win without you in which case you get nothing and no marks, no wn8. playing like a b**** will only take you so far, maybe scrap a mark or maybe even 2 but if you want 3, you have to play sensible but also aggressive. You can't mark tanks any other way solo and in radoms. You don't want to die first obviously but equally you have to force the issue to get spots, dmg and dmg assist, all of which pushes your own performance higher and the result is winning more but never throwing battles. If 14 other players fail hard while you are spotting for them or wracking up high amounts of damage, kills etc, it isn't your fault the team loses, take a look at the guys who did zero damage and top tier clueless crayon eaters for the reason the battle was lost, and of course, sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the enemy team who played better.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 05 September 2018 - 03:06 PM.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 September 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

I treat my T29 like trash just to do those type of missions as it's the only heavy tank I have with the least amount of hp to have to double in block but it feels dumb to just look through a window with my stronk turret mantlet and basically ask the enemy team to shoot me in the face. I even track them so I don't actually hurt them and they can't get away JUST so they will shoot me. It's like catch and release, in the meantime the team is losing so it's both selfish me and dumb playstyle all encouraged by a dumb mission 

I do the same with my KV-4 which I found is very VERY good for this mission. Just sit in the open at 45 degrees (30 degrees on the turret) while only shooting enemies that are actually penetrating you and ignoring the rest.

Cobra 6

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21585 battles

View PostCobra6, on 05 September 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I do the same with my KV-4 which I found is very VERY good for this mission. Just sit in the open at 45 degrees (30 degrees on the turret) while only shooting enemies that are actually penetrating you and ignoring the rest.

Cobra 6

lol ya... but there's just something wrong with getting upset with your teammates for shooting and killing tanks that are shooting and trying to kill me. How dare my teammates help me and shoot enemy tanks, how dare they! Don't they know I WANT to be shot and do nothing back?? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users