Jump to content


The downfall of a titan: XVM stats


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15762 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

Prolly you XVM users noticed pressing TAB in the middle of a battle doesn't let you see the statistics of the allies and enemies outside the loading screen. The new UI likely trashed it. Dunno if the XVM folks are working on it or not.

 

I've been playing on my alt account and had stats off, turned them on and got WN7, which to me it's useless. Yes, I use stats (though I'd like to point out XVM isn't only about stats). Their use is becoming equally as useless with stat padding, rerolling and whatnot.

 

On a related subject, some accounts (press accounts especially) do not disclose data on them. You can't see the service record of those accounts. Meaning, it's more than possible to make stats private and having that option would save people from XVM snipers (focusing a player based off of their stats).

 

But I have a theory (puts tinfoil hat) that prevents WG from making that option available to us: rerolls.

 

If you wanna show off, join KAZNA, make up for your ED, troll the forums that your opinion has more value because your WN8 is above average, or your main account is disposable, etc, the easiest and quickest way to get a good service record is to start a new account when there's a premium tank for sale that is better than tech tree counterparts. This will usually be the Skorpion G:

  • Deals a lot of damage within one shot.
  • It's relatively easy to play.
  • It's a TD, so you can and are expected to play passively.
  • Makes a ton of credits, so you can go full APCRs, which should help you in further getting your stats purple.

 

Along with the Luchs, T67, Hellcat, and Co, for F2P rerolls.

 

"Focusing" on the former case, where you actually spend money to boost stats of a new account, it makes WG money:

  1. Premium tanks that allow you to fabricate stats
  2. Premium currency to free XP stock grinds and bad tanks.
  3. Premium rounds to further help you with the first point

 

It's another account that is monetized, in other words. Most likely, monetized more intensively since new accounts are void of pretty much any goodies and this makes WG money both directly and indirectly.

 

Let's say, public stats are no more, though. Said player loses plenty of incentives to get another account. They can reset the stats on their main account and keep the premiums but the effect would be the same as rerolling, without having to buy premiums again. And since top clans have ways to curb padders (the requirement I keep seeing is 3-mark a Batchat, which is quite a feat if you ask me), they would simply comply with those on their main.

 

Besides, there's a point where your WN8 levels will simply even out, especially if you play frequently. And that's why I suspect there is little done so far to prevent:

  • stats shaming - "Tomato noob"
  • XVM focus - "Focus Player123[FAME]!"

 

Yes, there is some tinfoil in here... but it's still a logical explanation



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48958 battles
  • 1,651
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
Every single sentence makes sense on its own. The whole paragraphs or the whole thread doesn't make any!

Simeon85 #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,773
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

I think I get it.

 

People re-roll for stats -> re-roll accounts make WG money because people pay to 'catch up' to their old account level -> thus WG wouldn't want stats removed.

 

I think that is the point the OP is making? 



FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 22953 battles
  • 8,290
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
the heck did i just read

Cobra6 #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,690
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Good story, catchy opening, solid middle and a riveting conclusion!

 

9 out of 10 potato's.

 

Cobra 6



samuelx43a #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21798 battles
  • 909
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
One heck of a weird post dude, but... I kinda get it??

loot_the_supermarket #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5383 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostCobra6, on 05 September 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Good story, catchy opening, solid middle and a riveting conclusion!

 

9 out of 10 potato's.

 

Cobra 6

 

shaky start, tailed off a bit at the end, and the less said about the middle the better ...but other than it was excellent.

 



FizzleMcSnizzle #8 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4502 battles
  • 436
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
Needs more sex.

BR33K1_PAWAH #9 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3274 battles
  • 382
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View PostSimeon85, on 05 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

I think I get it.

 

People re-roll for stats -> re-roll accounts make WG money because people pay to 'catch up' to their old account level -> thus WG wouldn't want stats removed.

 

I think that is the point the OP is making? 

 

Created 3 alt-accounts -> didnt payed a cent to WG.

 

What am i doing wrong? :amazed:



Rati_Festa #10 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42295 battles
  • 1,232
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 September 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

Prolly you XVM users noticed pressing TAB in the middle of a battle doesn't let you see the statistics of the allies and enemies outside the loading screen. The new UI likely trashed it. Dunno if the XVM folks are working on it or not.

 

I've been playing on my alt account and had stats off, turned them on and got WN7, which to me it's useless. Yes, I use stats (though I'd like to point out XVM isn't only about stats). Their use is becoming equally as useless with stat padding, rerolling and whatnot.

 

On a related subject, some accounts (press accounts especially) do not disclose data on them. You can't see the service record of those accounts. Meaning, it's more than possible to make stats private and having that option would save people from XVM snipers (focusing a player based off of their stats).

 

But I have a theory (puts tinfoil hat) that prevents WG from making that option available to us: rerolls.

 

If you wanna show off, join KAZNA, make up for your ED, troll the forums that your opinion has more value because your WN8 is above average, or your main account is disposable, etc, the easiest and quickest way to get a good service record is to start a new account when there's a premium tank for sale that is better than tech tree counterparts. This will usually be the Skorpion G:

  • Deals a lot of damage within one shot.
  • It's relatively easy to play.
  • It's a TD, so you can and are expected to play passively.
  • Makes a ton of credits, so you can go full APCRs, which should help you in further getting your stats purple.

 

Along with the Luchs, T67, Hellcat, and Co, for F2P rerolls.

 

"Focusing" on the former case, where you actually spend money to boost stats of a new account, it makes WG money:

  1. Premium tanks that allow you to fabricate stats
  2. Premium currency to free XP stock grinds and bad tanks.
  3. Premium rounds to further help you with the first point

 

It's another account that is monetized, in other words. Most likely, monetized more intensively since new accounts are void of pretty much any goodies and this makes WG money both directly and indirectly.

 

Let's say, public stats are no more, though. Said player loses plenty of incentives to get another account. They can reset the stats on their main account and keep the premiums but the effect would be the same as rerolling, without having to buy premiums again. And since top clans have ways to curb padders (the requirement I keep seeing is 3-mark a Batchat, which is quite a feat if you ask me), they would simply comply with those on their main.

 

Besides, there's a point where your WN8 levels will simply even out, especially if you play frequently. And that's why I suspect there is little done so far to prevent:

  • stats shaming - "Tomato noob"
  • XVM focus - "Focus Player123[FAME]!"

 

Yes, there is some tinfoil in here... but it's still a logical explanation

 

In your example aren't these type of players vilified as reroll "noobs"... your logic would make sense if the outcome for the reroller is postive. But it's quite easy to identify these players... by ironically looking at their stats. If a player buys a skorp plays 5k games on it and hardly anything else, all that data is publicly available, hence they get no real kudos for the action.

 

Gibberish post with flawed logic.



WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15762 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostSimeon85, on 05 September 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think I get it.

 

People re-roll for stats -> re-roll accounts make WG money because people pay to 'catch up' to their old account level -> thus WG wouldn't want stats removed.

 

I think that is the point the OP is making? 

 

Yes...

fabse #12 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 44411 battles
  • 560
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2010

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 September 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

 

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 September 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Created 3 alt-accounts

 

What am i doing wrong? :amazed:

 

Everything. You only need one account period. Every additional account is equal to a ton of wasted time. Instead of advancing several accounts you can simply play only a single one and make more progress on the way. You gain literally nothing by splitting up your grind over multiple accounts.

 

Some say you need good stats if you want to join a high-prestige clan. This may apply to certain "stats whore" clans, however your real skill is equal to your recent performance which can be easily checked.



Homer_J #13 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28311 battles
  • 29,587
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 September 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

 

Yes, there is some tinfoil in here... but it's still a logical explanation

Logical but does not stand up to scrutiny.

 

They could make hiding stats optional, that way anyone rerolling for e-peen will not hide them.

 

They have made hiding stats optional in WoWS and cut off the API for WoWP, which they wouldn't if they thought there was money to be made of it.

 

I think the problem with trying to hide stats in WoT is that there are too many 3rd party sites already holding historical data, and it only takes one xvm user per battle for xvm to start it's own stats collection bypassing WG altogether.



BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3274 battles
  • 382
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View Postfabse, on 05 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Everything. You only need one account period. Every additional account is equal to a ton of wasted time. Instead of advancing several accounts you can simply play only a single one and make more progress on the way. You gain literally nothing by splitting up your grind over multiple accounts.

 

Some say you need good stats if you want to join a high-prestige clan. This may apply to certain "stats whore" clans, however your real skill is equal to your recent performance which can be easily checked.

 

But what if i get bored with playing my main account bcs of lack of content provided by developers? What if once i dont have anything special to do i start to loose interest?

What option do i have besides starting all over again?



fabse #15 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 44411 battles
  • 560
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2010

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 September 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

But what if i get bored with playing my main account bcs of lack of content provided by developers? What if once i dont have anything special to do i start to loose interest?

What option do i have besides starting all over again?

 

I don't even know what to say.... play a different game maybe?

The only non-repeatable things in this game that I can come up with on the fly are personal missions and marathons. Did you complete them on all of your three accounts? Without spending any money?



BR33K1_PAWAH #16 Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3274 battles
  • 382
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View Postfabse, on 05 September 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

 

I don't even know what to say.... play a different game maybe?

The only non-repeatable things in this game that I can come up with on the fly are personal missions and marathons. Did you complete them on all of your three accounts? Without spending any money?

 

Personal missions is the main goal of this account, yes.

I've finished em all on my main. The first reroll was made for stats, but ive quickly lost interest in it. Second was just 4 lulz. This is the third.



malachi6 #17 Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49643 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
You should tweet this at 4 am.  Most of the people that are up at that time would totally agree with you. #make tanking great again.

HassenderZerhacker #18 Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26876 battles
  • 2,359
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 September 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

Prolly you XVM users noticed pressing TAB in the middle of a battle doesn't let you see the statistics of the allies and enemies outside the loading screen. The new UI likely trashed it. Dunno if the XVM folks are working on it or not.

 

I've been playing on my alt account and had stats off, turned them on and got WN7, which to me it's useless. Yes, I use stats (though I'd like to point out XVM isn't only about stats). Their use is becoming equally as useless with stat padding, rerolling and whatnot.

 

On a related subject, some accounts (press accounts especially) do not disclose data on them. You can't see the service record of those accounts. Meaning, it's more than possible to make stats private and having that option would save people from XVM snipers (focusing a player based off of their stats).

 

But I have a theory (puts tinfoil hat) that prevents WG from making that option available to us: rerolls.

 

If you wanna show off, join KAZNA, make up for your ED, troll the forums that your opinion has more value because your WN8 is above average, or your main account is disposable, etc, the easiest and quickest way to get a good service record is to start a new account when there's a premium tank for sale that is better than tech tree counterparts. This will usually be the Skorpion G:

  • Deals a lot of damage within one shot.
  • It's relatively easy to play.
  • It's a TD, so you can and are expected to play passively.
  • Makes a ton of credits, so you can go full APCRs, which should help you in further getting your stats purple.

 

Along with the Luchs, T67, Hellcat, and Co, for F2P rerolls.

 

"Focusing" on the former case, where you actually spend money to boost stats of a new account, it makes WG money:

  1. Premium tanks that allow you to fabricate stats
  2. Premium currency to free XP stock grinds and bad tanks.
  3. Premium rounds to further help you with the first point

 

It's another account that is monetized, in other words. Most likely, monetized more intensively since new accounts are void of pretty much any goodies and this makes WG money both directly and indirectly.

 

Let's say, public stats are no more, though. Said player loses plenty of incentives to get another account. They can reset the stats on their main account and keep the premiums but the effect would be the same as rerolling, without having to buy premiums again. And since top clans have ways to curb padders (the requirement I keep seeing is 3-mark a Batchat, which is quite a feat if you ask me), they would simply comply with those on their main.

 

Besides, there's a point where your WN8 levels will simply even out, especially if you play frequently. And that's why I suspect there is little done so far to prevent:

  • stats shaming - "Tomato noob"
  • XVM focus - "Focus Player123[FAME]!"

 

Yes, there is some tinfoil in here... but it's still a logical explanation

 

Had a player in a Type 64 yesterday on new Pilsen. His WN8 was over 4000.

All he did was redline camping for the first 3 minutes or so and then using viewrange and sniping on lone enemies. He didn't help the team at all and in fact we clearly lost.

Then I look into his account, he's got 4 tanks, T-127, Pz Ic, Luchs and Type 64.

65% winrate with Pz Ic and Luchs and a whopping 48% in Type 64, which isn't surprising since he sucks so much...

 

Players like this one take a special pride in XVM showing off their stats to anyone. Useless WN8 farmer.



Edweird #19 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8595 battles
  • 992
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

View PostSimeon85, on 05 September 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think I get it.

 

People re-roll for stats -> re-roll accounts make WG money because people pay to 'catch up' to their old account level -> thus WG wouldn't want stats removed.

 

I think that is the point the OP is making? 

 

You appear to have the power of telepathy. 

 

It's easy to make that assumption my old account had better stats.

 

There are numerous reasons someone might want to make a new account.

 

For instance a free to play player might want to start again.

 

people  who blew all their free gold for boot camp  or dismissed their 100% crews when they had no idea about that element of the game.

 

 

I for one am ashamed i have the M56 scorpion cent5/1 and P58 mutz on my stats, as it shows me how dumb I was to spend on this game or to care about % of wins etc.

 

 

I feel like a total mug everytime I see them and sold them off long ago.

 

 

If only we could remove all stats In wot the whole game would be much better.

 

They did this with combat arms and the toxicity vanished overnight some of the stat padders left, but that was a good thing.

 

Let alone the 3rd party websites.which ,to me is and,  i think any prospective player is a major off putting factor.

 

Nice to know some of the mods on the  official website also  contain malware. Good job wargaming.

 

I just read an article where an N/A player was banned for using the mods which are on the website.

 

Are there any other games which allow 3rd party access and mods?

 

I've never heard of any and I wonder why.

 

Wargaming seems pretty short sighted in allowing this as it will put people off from paying.just the phrase 3rd party is enough for some people to never open their wallet. 


Edited by discontinued, 05 September 2018 - 02:20 PM.


Simeon85 #20 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,773
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 September 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

 

Created 3 alt-accounts -> didnt payed a cent to WG.

 

What am i doing wrong? :amazed:

 

View Postdiscontinued, on 05 September 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

You appear to have the power of telepathy. 

 

It's easy to make that assumption my old account had better stats.

 

There are numerous reasons someone might want to make a new account.

 

 

There are multiple reasons why people might make new accounts and people might not pay any money in their new accounts.

 

However, I agree with the OP that the driving force for many re-rolls is basically to appear better than they are, or to improve their stats more quickly than they can on a more mature account with more battles. It is also quite logical that those players are going to spend some money to maximise the chances of improving their stats even further and because they don't want long grinds again.

 

I don't agree that this would be enough to stop WG hiding stats or banning XVM though. 

 

But I do think most people re-roll for stats and that most of those re-rolls will spend real money on their new accounts. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users