Jump to content


E-100, Arty, Gold ammo


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Lohi56 #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21974 battles
  • 6
  • [-TFA-] -TFA-
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

(Read this first: English is not my native language, so sorry about that. I hope you guys who read this understand this (and dont say anything about my grammar, its bad i know))


 

E-100, German Superheavy tank, added in game 5 years(?) ago, was good tank at those days. But now its useless, why?
 

Well E-100 hasn't got any buff/nerfs for years. Okay it got little AP buff but thats not enough. Hull armour from front is okay, but turret is useless. It haves 250 mm in front of turret, but its nearly in 90 degree angle, so slope doesnt give much bonus for that. Every tier 10 medium haves 260 pen AP (or nearly 260) or more, and gold ammo even more. So no problem to penetrate turret, so every time you try to shoot enemy, you get penned without problems. And your 246 pen AP bounces every russian turret. E-100 would be little bit better without gold ammo, but WG will not remove gold so what about this:

Gold limit: 30% of tanks ammo can be gold. Not that more

APCR good penetration but 50% less damage
 

HEAT little bit worse penetration than normal ammo, but higher alpha damage.

That would help E-100 much and every other tank in game. But then we get into another problem: arty.

E-100 again for example, is big and slow tank. Then enemy have 3 arties and they will target you, every time they shoot they hit direct hit to you and little bit over 300 damage. And that happens every 30-40 seconds. So, you take 900 damage per 30 seconds, thats nice.

So how to balance arties? Just remove art---        Arty limit for team 1, or option to select arties in battle or not.

Arty and gold need balance. It's not fair for tanks like E-100

And then E-100, what about it? Some balance maybe? Yes

If gold and arties don't get any nerfs, give buffs atleast for E-100. It's most useless tier 10 heavy in game right now. 246 pen, slow and big, no armor

How to buff it? My opinion

Turret armor atleast 300 mm, with that every medium with AP will not pen it always, and gold can have little problems too. But because of gold spamming in the game right now, i would change E-100 turret armor to 350. ''That's already too much'' Medium gold can still penetrate easily 300mm, so winning E-100 then needed actually skill, not gold.

Hull armor is okay now. Maybe little bit buff.

AP pen 255

That would buff E-100 already much and it would be even playable again. E-100 is now totally useless because of 60TP. Same is with nearly every German tank, underpowered (Maus, big large box with no armor because of gold spamming)


 

Thank you if you read this, again sorry about my bad english. I just wanted to say my opinion about gold, arty and E-100/German tanks. Those needed rebalance really, its not fair right now.



Cannes76 #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 69288 battles
  • 1,795
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
E-100 is fine.

Lohi56 #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21974 battles
  • 6
  • [-TFA-] -TFA-
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013
Lol it's not. I have E-100 and in my opinion its worst tier 10 heavy. IS-7 works better in nearly every situtation

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52483 battles
  • 3,296
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostLohi56, on 05 September 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

 

If gold and arties don't get any nerfs, give buffs atleast for E-100. It's most useless tier 10 heavy in game right now. 246 pen, slow and big, no armor

 

No the e100 is not the most useless tier X in the game. You own 11 tier X tanks.

Most of us would say that the Leopard 1 was one of the most useless tier X's or possibly the IS4? You own the FV 215b which is now no longer in the tech tree, and that certainly is not as good as it's replacement the SuperConq, and it's also worse than the e100.

 

e100 is still a decent tier X.



Lohi56 #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21974 battles
  • 6
  • [-TFA-] -TFA-
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

Well okay, you can think that its okay heavy, but in my opinion its just bad. I want some balance for that tank, with 60tp its more worse than ever.



Dava_117 #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20624 battles
  • 3,855
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

E100 gameplay is all around angling the turret to bounce HEAT (ad it works really well at that), sidescraping and trading with 750 alpha when the first 2 are not possible.

Many says that 246 pen is not enought, but I played it on test server and it worked decently. The HEAT and HE rounds are also very useful.

You just need to learn how to play the tank for it's strenght.

 

That said, some ideas emerged during time to dust off E100. Those are to slightly buff gun handling (to reduce turret exposure time) and slightly buff turret sides (to increse the angling capabolities).

But even without this E100 is still far fron the worst tier 10 HT...


Edited by Dava_117, 05 September 2018 - 06:15 PM.


Xandania #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38824 battles
  • 1,169
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

I want my TOG to go at 90 km/h.

 

Wargaming is using "big" data to check for tank performance - if sufficient numbers of players do well in it, is is obviously ok.

If they do better in it than in everything else the tank will probably get nerfed.

If they do worse in it than in everything else, the tank will probably get buffed.

 

Sadly, this usually only applies to tier 8+ :(

 

#LightningTOGII



OIias_of_Sunhillow #8 Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 25234 battles
  • 2,915
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostLohi56, on 05 September 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Well okay, you can think that its okay heavy, but in my opinion its just bad. I want some balance for that tank, with 60tp its more worse than ever.

 

Others seem to disagree.

Perhaps it's more of how you, personally, use it.

 

It's an odd beast, is the E100. I had one some years back, and did ok in it, apparently.

It's one of those, should I/shouldn't I, buy it back.



Lohi56 #9 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21974 battles
  • 6
  • [-TFA-] -TFA-
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

Well thanks from answer guys anyways, i thought this would be ignored lol.

But still in my opinion E-100 is just underpowered, i know that its good when angling turret and sidescraping, but everytime when i try shoot enemy, i take hits into front of turret. Still 250mm armor vs 300 pen gold, no worries about penetrating. For example the 60TP, get to hulldown position and stay there. E100 cant do that anymore. Or yes if enemies are tier 8 and doesnt shoot gold, but tier 10 with gold nope.



Dava_117 #10 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20624 battles
  • 3,855
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostLohi56, on 05 September 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Well thanks from answer guys anyways, i thought this would be ignored lol.

But still in my opinion E-100 is just underpowered, i know that its good when angling turret and sidescraping, but everytime when i try shoot enemy, i take hits into front of turret. Still 250mm armor vs 300 pen gold, no worries about penetrating. For example the 60TP, get to hulldown position and stay there. E100 cant do that anymore. Or yes if enemies are tier 8 and doesnt shoot gold, but tier 10 with gold nope.

 

True that 60TP can go hulldown, but can't sidescrape as well and can't angle hull and turret to bounce shell in the open, due to the driver hatch and thin sides.

E100 can do that. As E100 can melt a Type5 using HEAT while 60TP have more problems due to the lower HEAT pen.

Both those tanks have their spot without one being better than the other. Quite close to the 277/5A case.

A good idea may be to grind the 60TP or test it in the next test server, so you can see it's strenght and weackness compared to E100. :)


Edited by Dava_117, 05 September 2018 - 10:41 PM.


Lohi56 #11 Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21974 battles
  • 6
  • [-TFA-] -TFA-
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostDava_117, on 05 September 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

True that 60TP can go hulldown, but can't sidescrape as well and can't angle hull and turret to bounce shell in the open, due to the driver hatch and thin sides.

E100 can do that. As E100 can melt a Type5 using HEAT while 60TP have more problems due to the lower HEAT pen.

Both those tanks have their spot without one being better than the other. Quite close to the 277/5A case.

A good idea may be to grind the 60TP or test it in the next test server, so you can see it's strenght and weackness compared to E100. :)

 

Well i'm grinding right now to 60TP, unlocked tier 8 yesterday. I want to get 60TP and test is it really better than E100, for me stats and the shape of turret etc makes it look better. And what about HEAT, i dont use gold much, so that doesnt matter much for me. Gold is just ''noob'' way to destroy tanks, you dont need skill anymore to penetrate anything (atleast in 10 tier, over 300 penetration with gold and biggest armor value 250 or something like that)

Dava_117 #12 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20624 battles
  • 3,855
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostLohi56, on 06 September 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

 

Well i'm grinding right now to 60TP, unlocked tier 8 yesterday. I want to get 60TP and test is it really better than E100, for me stats and the shape of turret etc makes it look better. And what about HEAT, i dont use gold much, so that doesnt matter much for me. Gold is just ''noob'' way to destroy tanks, you dont need skill anymore to penetrate anything (atleast in 10 tier, over 300 penetration with gold and biggest armor value 250 or something like that)

 

I used to think like you about gold. Then WG added type5 and other weackspot-less tanks. So few premium ammo in your ammo rack are almost mandatory. :)

The type, in particular, can slightly angle to make 60TP HEAT almost a 50/50 pen. With E100 334ispen HEAT is a completely different story.

That said, 60TP may fit better your playstyle than E100, if you prefere hulldown tactic to sidescrape and angling. I like the last 2 more (as you can see looking at my most played tanks) and E100 was a joy to play on the test server. So I started to grind it more seriously and now I'm almost at E75. :)


Edited by Dava_117, 06 September 2018 - 07:27 AM.


Cobra6 #13 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16401 battles
  • 16,271
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

E-100 is not that bad actually but premium ammo indeed needs to go completely.

 

Armor weak spots should be balanced against same tier standard ammo and be a guaranteed pen. This way lower tiers should have a viable chance at the same time.

 

Cobra 6



SevernaSnaga #14 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2886 battles
  • 241
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

Replace E100 turret with IS7 turret=profit

Would be more realistic than other WG tanks they are putting in



Tiddy #15 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:05 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24363 battles
  • 84
  • [D2AN] D2AN
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011

Yeah, while gold spam is a problem for every heavy the E-100 still can reliable bounce quite a few of those shells. The gun also does great damage and if you can't hit a weakspot you can still use your HE to just splash 200-300 Hits without needing to aim.

 

There are probably worse tanks to consider on tier X. For example the T110E4. But maybe it's just me who can't make that thing work.



lime_vortep #16 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10873 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016
WG don't want the game to have strong German tanks. Germans are the bad guys, remember? 

nuclear_pinguin #17 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:01 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27161 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

premium ammo indeed needs to go completely out of the game .

 



FizzleMcSnizzle #18 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8820 battles
  • 476
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
In my tier X heavy playing days, I used to despise gold rounds as much as the next chap. But when you think how endemic they have become, and how much cash the company must make (indirectly etc etc.) from everyone "dabbing" the 2 key - you have to wonder: could the game exist without them? I don't believe for one minute WG has any real plans to limit them, or tone down their effectiveness.

micalv #19 Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5436 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012

Old post but still felt like saying something.

I love my E100 but... It is very difficult to play against premium/gold/special or what I call it cancer ammo. the angling has to be PERFECT or its a penetration, 3 weak points from the front, the bar on a turret for accurate guns, the front of the turret is one big target for prem ammo and bottom plate. it's very difficult to play one on one if the enemy is using prem ammo, what's more, if it's from two directions all that saves me is RNG where I bounce but only first few shots before the enemy lines up their shots and pens every time. It is a very slow tank it has no capability to run away. The gun is great and I have NO problems with pen on AP I carry only 7 golds for type heavy or IS-7 cause AP's do not pen his bottom plate. There is nothing wrong with the tank, Either they upgrade his armor to fit the gold spam this game has become or indeed they will rework the premium ammo. this tank needs support tanks around it. and its very luck based if people will decide to help or not. 

I like the way the tank is right now but since its the slowest (apart from type-heavy) it should not need to angle the turret soo damn much, every single tier 10 pens the turret, it's TOO LARGE FOR ITS ARMOR. 

also the fact that arty loves it. Even its large pool of HP does not save it from the crew injure, module injures and stun from the arty. parties shoot a lot more often now and don't need nearly as much accuracy.



hasnainrakha57 #20 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15030 battles
  • 710
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostLohi56, on 05 September 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

(Read this first: English is not my native language, so sorry about that. I hope you guys who read this understand this (and dont say anything about my grammar, its bad i know))


 

E-100, German Superheavy tank, added in game 5 years(?) ago, was good tank at those days. But now its useless, why?
 

Well E-100 hasn't got any buff/nerfs for years. Okay it got little AP buff but thats not enough. Hull armour from front is okay, but turret is useless. It haves 250 mm in front of turret, but its nearly in 90 degree angle, so slope doesnt give much bonus for that. Every tier 10 medium haves 260 pen AP (or nearly 260) or more, and gold ammo even more. So no problem to penetrate turret, so every time you try to shoot enemy, you get penned without problems. And your 246 pen AP bounces every russian turret. E-100 would be little bit better without gold ammo, but WG will not remove gold so what about this:

Gold limit: 30% of tanks ammo can be gold. Not that more

APCR good penetration but 50% less damage
 

HEAT little bit worse penetration than normal ammo, but higher alpha damage.

That would help E-100 much and every other tank in game. But then we get into another problem: arty.

E-100 again for example, is big and slow tank. Then enemy have 3 arties and they will target you, every time they shoot they hit direct hit to you and little bit over 300 damage. And that happens every 30-40 seconds. So, you take 900 damage per 30 seconds, thats nice.

So how to balance arties? Just remove art---        Arty limit for team 1, or option to select arties in battle or not.

Arty and gold need balance. It's not fair for tanks like E-100

And then E-100, what about it? Some balance maybe? Yes

If gold and arties don't get any nerfs, give buffs atleast for E-100. It's most useless tier 10 heavy in game right now. 246 pen, slow and big, no armor

How to buff it? My opinion

Turret armor atleast 300 mm, with that every medium with AP will not pen it always, and gold can have little problems too. But because of gold spamming in the game right now, i would change E-100 turret armor to 350. ''That's already too much'' Medium gold can still penetrate easily 300mm, so winning E-100 then needed actually skill, not gold.

Hull armor is okay now. Maybe little bit buff.

AP pen 255

That would buff E-100 already much and it would be even playable again. E-100 is now totally useless because of 60TP. Same is with nearly every German tank, underpowered (Maus, big large box with no armor because of gold spamming)


 

Thank you if you read this, again sorry about my bad english. I just wanted to say my opinion about gold, arty and E-100/German tanks. Those needed rebalance really, its not fair right now.

Don't worry my friend u r not alone wg has finally heard us I would like to buff e100 turret to 350+mm and 260ap pen with bit buff to accuracy of 0.36.BECAUSE THIS POOR THING HAD TO SUFFER FOR 5 YEARS :(

Vehicle Rebalancing

This year we’ve been actively working on vehicle rebalancing, adding new tanks, and removing some old ones. Now we’re ready to take the next step.

We’re going to improve the vehicles that will be most affected by the rebalancing of “special ammo”. We’ll also focus on vehicles with poor efficiency and overhaul some overpowered tanks to revise their characteristics.

The following vehicles will be rebalanced first:

  • E100
  • IS-4
  • Leopard 1
  • STB-1
  • Kranvagn

We’re also looking at rebalancing mid-tier vehicles. The list provided is not complete and it’s possible that other tanks will be added to it. We’re happy to hear your feedback, so feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions.


Edited by hasnainrakha57, 28 December 2018 - 02:05 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users