"Arty prevents camping"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty (32 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should arty be with or without stun?

1. With (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Without (22 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Hide poll

max654321 #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27449 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
I just feel like, when you are going aggresive, exactly what wargaming wants, the arty is going to focus you down and if you are camping they don't shoot you that often. Just like on the Minsk map. If you decide to go to the left side of the map and you go to the E,F line where you can use your turret armour and gun depression,you will get focussed by the enemy arty. Butyou are staying more aggresive then the most player on your team. So I think the statement need to be: "Arty prevents aggresive players!" Minsk is also not the only map where arty is focusing the aggresive players. It is also happening at a lot more maps like Airfield, Abbey, Cliff, Phrokorovka, Fjords, Live Oaks, etc. And then, when arty shoots you, you will get stunned and you're just having a worse crew for at least 15 seconds. Which arty would you like arty with or without stun?

Edited by max654321, 05 September 2018 - 07:16 PM.

Lord_Nekon_Targaryen #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34528 battles
Of course arty shoots at active, agresive players, because campers are not spoted most of the time in their bushes. Arties received stun mechanics and got reduced overall damage, but current state of arties is still problematic and bad. I think your post will get deleted because there is this big arty threat, but I am in "writing mood" right now so why not write something here. Arty in WoT is just bad and stupid game mechanics, and in my opinion the worst game mechanics I ever saw as a gamer. Fact that somebody can just "sit on the spawn" and click on you, while on some maps you can't really defend against it if you want to keep pushing, trying to attack, is just extremely stupid. But I'd rather get stun even by 3 arties, instead of getting oneshoted. When you get stun you can just wait behind the hill, or use the medkit. Even now, arties get sometimes ridiculous damage rolls or can cripple paper tanks, or when they pen poorly armored part of tank with HE, but at least they can't oneshot you anymore - again mostly, because this nonsense still happens when for example tier X arty shoots tier 8 scout. But do you remember arties before this stun rebalance? Somebody sitting on, or near base, with his/her arty in ridiculous sattelite mode, was able to oneshot/IK same tier tanks.  That was balanced ! WoT arty - best game mechanics ever created.

Mave_Maverick #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55216 battles

View PostErwin_Chan, on 05 September 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Of course arty shoots at active, agresive players, because campers are not spoted most of the time in their bushes. Arties received stun mechanics and got reduced overall damage, but current state of arties is still problematic and bad. I think your post will get deleted because there is this big arty threat, but I am in "writing mood" right now so why not write something here. Arty in WoT is just bad and stupid game mechanics, and in my opinion the worst game mechanics I ever saw as a gamer. Fact that somebody can just "sit on the spawn" and click on you, while on some maps you can't really defend against it if you want to keep pushing, trying to attack, is just extremely stupid. But I'd rather get stun even by 3 arties, instead of getting oneshoted. When you get stun you can just wait behind the hill, or use the medkit. Even now, arties get sometimes ridiculous damage rolls or can cripple paper tanks, or when they pen poorly armored part of tank with HE, but at least they can't oneshot you anymore - again mostly, because this nonsense still happens when for example tier X arty shoots tier 8 scout. But do you remember arties before this stun rebalance? Somebody sitting on, or near base, with his/her arty in ridiculous sattelite mode, was able to oneshot/IK same tier tanks.  That was balanced ! WoT arty - best game mechanics ever created.

And why?

Because WG 4-5 years ago disabled the tracers for all guns except arty. But most players forgot or did not know this.

At that time camper you could fight very well.

mpf1959 #4 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24297 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Personally the tanks I shoot are simply the spotted ones I can see, after that fact, primarily the easy targets, if there are none, the hard moving targets. If campers are spotted I shoot them, the reason for this is simple, they're static, so easy targets. If they're not spotted they cannot be easily hit. In lulls in the game where nothing is moving I will blind fire bushes and do counter battery.

Orkbert #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27359 battles

View PostMave_Maverick, on 06 September 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

And why?

Because WG 4-5 years ago disabled the tracers for all guns except arty. But most players forgot or did not know this.

At that time camper you could fight very well.

Not only that. While I don't mourn the loss of the cross-team chat the salty players who got hit making angry comments were by and large the only feedback we had to see if our blindshots had done something.

So currently we only got three methods to gauge whether our blind shooting locations are doing something to the enemy, and all of them got serious drawbacks:

1st actually killing an enemy with a blindshot.

Thanks to penetration nerf and alpha reduction for mid- and hightier arties those onehits got rarer (though not completely impossible at least), so we have lost some feedback there.

2nd watching your own shell tracer and see if it vanishes (then you know you have hit something) or explodes on the ground. Problem with that is that if you wanna relocate to avoid counter battery you often don't have the leisure to wait until the tracer went down at your target zone. And if you 'only' splashed some enemy due to a near miss you get zero information

3rd hoping that you did some stun or track damage and then someone else blindshoots the same area. That way you could get stun or track damage, which does get listed even for unspotted enemies. Mind boggingly enough Wargaming made arty platoons impossible, and non-arties blindshooting the area you just shot at is often kinda challenging if not outright impossible. And good luck coordinating your shots with some random arty in your team, provided there are at least two arties on each side (admittedly that one does happen often enough), that other arty speaks/reads the language you use, doesn't have chat turned off etc.

Add to that the shell costs which remained the same despite penetration and alpha nerf/rebalance (and many low/midtier arties didn't even get the splash radius increase and stun, for them it is a straight nerf) and it almost seems that Wargaming doesn't want us arty players to make blindshots.

(Of course that won't stop me doing them, but some kind of in-game feedback would be nice)

Orkbert #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27359 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 07 September 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Not only that. While I don't mourn the loss of the cross-team chat the salty players who got hit making angry comments were by and large the only feedback we had to see if our blindshots had done something.

So currently we only got three methods to gauge whether our blind shooting locations are doing something to the enemy, and all of them got serious drawbacks:

1st actually killing an enemy with a blindshot.

Thanks to penetration nerf and alpha reduction for mid- and hightier arties those onehits got rarer (though not completely impossible at least), so we have lost some feedback there.

2nd watching your own shell tracer and see if it vanishes (then you know you have hit something) or explodes on the ground. Problem with that is that if you wanna relocate to avoid counter battery you often don't have the leisure to wait until the tracer went down at your target zone. And if you 'only' splashed some enemy due to a near miss you get zero information

3rd hoping that you did some stun or track damage and then someone else blindshoots the same area. That way you could get stun or track damage, which does get listed even for unspotted enemies. Mind boggingly enough Wargaming made arty platoons impossible, and non-arties blindshooting the area you just shot at is often kinda challenging if not outright impossible. And good luck coordinating your shots with some random arty in your team, provided there are at least two arties on each side (admittedly that one does happen often enough), that other arty speaks/reads the language you use, doesn't have chat turned off etc.

Edit: no longer viable.

Add to that the shell costs which remained the same despite penetration and alpha nerf/rebalance (and many low/midtier arties didn't even get the splash radius increase and stun, for them it is a straight nerf) and it almost seems that Wargaming doesn't want us arty players to make blindshots.

(Of course that won't stop me doing them, but some kind of in-game feedback would be nice)

Just editing my previous post, since Wargaming removed the in-game display for getting assist on unspotted enemies. You still get to see it after the match in your results, but they have again made it more difficult/essentially impossible to get in-game feedback for your blind shots.

Edited by Orkbert, 06 November 2018 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users