Jump to content


Minsk vs Studzianki map

which is worser

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Cuck0osNest #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8527 battles
  • 888
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

The first map is a typical circle spinner with most annoying of possible cross shooting along the bridge if you trying to move along its flanks. Nothing to do in the center only hiding under bridge which will cause you to fall in claustrophobia where you will be roentgen spotted by another enemy and will only worsen effect if you will try to get out from there. Even design seem so cheap and color mode of buildings arent best or it is time of map just not chosen perfectly.

 

Second map is another typical circle spinner with a lot of useless and boring blinding shots to do because nothing happens. Distances are so far even in comparison to first map and not much covers to have a ride into - you just choosing once where you will spend 15 minutes without a chance to back up. And whole gray gamma and color mode of this map is just consuming you into its depression.

 

Well at least all comfort monetization will always work and all the comforts you have will work for you especially camouflage from extra rations and etc.



Bennie182 #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52780 battles
  • 1,528
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

Studzianki is not really good. The south part is not attractive, while it offers some nice gameplay. After that, you have a big chance to get killed by td's.. as usual...

 

Minsk is hard to push, but the only part that's playable is the west side. east is nothing but camping, since every aggressive move will be paid back by the enemy.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48892 battles
  • 1,635
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

If you were a supertester, which one of the following variants of Studzianki will you choose to go live?

 

This one:

 

 

or this?

 

 

Thank you supertesters!



Sfinski #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:36 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31462 battles
  • 2,518
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 September 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

If you were a supertester, which one of the following variants of Studzianki will you choose to go live?

 

This one:

 

 

or this?

 

 

Thank you supertesters!

 

[edited]hell, that first one looks great, if there's enough hills.

 

Why can't we have a proper maps like that?

 



Homer_J #5 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • 29,556
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
They both seem bad for different reasons but the plethora of flimsy looking walls and barriers which turn out to be non destructible for no reason whatsoever gives Minsk the edge.

adameitas #6 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62799 battles
  • 824
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
hard to say so far need more games in them. But atm i think Minsk is just worse version of Paris.. Studzianski map is probably better but still so far i dont like it much. On the other hand Pilsen looks awesome already have 3-4 really good games in it.

Aikl #7 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25284 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 05 September 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

If you were a supertester, which one of the following variants of Studzianki will you choose to go live?

 

This one:

 

(...)

 

or this?

 

(...)

 

Thank you supertesters!

 

Judging from the frontpage posts about new maps, I'd say the one with dedicated TD camping hills in the back and areas with dedicated LT/MT/HT zones. Great map design, yes!



lime_vortep #8 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10071 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016
I perform terribly on Studzianki, just terrible. On Minsk I am 50/50. 

_____Yarpen_____ #9 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21278 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Studzianki is ok(ish) - I agree not the best of maps.

Minsk, I have actually learned to like and gotta say - had some amazing games there in meds/heavies/tds



XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48892 battles
  • 1,635
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostSfinski, on 06 September 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

 

[edited]hell, that first one looks great, if there's enough hills.

 

Why can't we have a proper maps like that?

 

 

Probably because they found it too open for their taste like Prokhorovka or couldn't designate areas for specific tank classes like Aikl said in his post! :)

 

View PostAikl, on 06 September 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

 

Judging from the frontpage posts about new maps, I'd say the one with dedicated TD camping hills in the back and areas with dedicated LT/MT/HT zones. Great map design, yes!

 

The developers even took a swing at this variant after the supertest and made the heavy side from the east more vulnerable.

 

In the live version, heavies brawling at C4 have no cover from the F6/G7 area because balanced!


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 06 September 2018 - 04:57 PM.


fighting_falcon93 #11 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30536 battles
  • 3,607
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostCuck0osNest, on 05 September 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

And whole gray gamma and color mode of this map is just consuming you into its depression.

 

That's how a war is supposed to look like, atleast from an artistic point of view. Since we don't have maps that change their look over time while the battle goes on, and since the battles are way too short to change it enough, it's common practice for artists to make the map already worn up as if there had already been a lot of fighting there before the battle you play in takes part. Having super green grass, clear blue sky and cute red flowers on the ground doesn't really create the feeling of war.

 

 

 

Quite a massive difference, don't you think?

 

Me personally like the Studzi map, but the building in the (almost) middle could be removed since that building attracts like half of the teams and just creates a mess. Seems WGs "great" artillery machanic just makes people scared to actually spread out evenly on the map and instead everyone runs to cover as quick as possible.

 

I do agree about the Minsk map though. That map is another example of what happens when WG tries to separate HT gameplay into one part of the map and LT/MT/TD gameplay into another part. That river and the open fields around it just creates massive no-go zones. Basically we have maps that are 10x10 squares, but only like 20% of that is actually viable combat area. And those cold war era helicopters and jets doesn't make it better either, especially not when you drive around in a tank from WW2.


Edited by fighting_falcon93, 06 September 2018 - 11:51 AM.


Dava_117 #12 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19076 battles
  • 3,114
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 06 September 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

That's how a war is supposed to look like, atleast from an artistic point of view. Since we don't have maps that change their look over time while the battle goes on, and since the battles are way too short to change it enough, it's common practice for artists to make the map already worn up as if there had already been a lot of fighting there before the battle you play in takes part. Having super green grass, clear blue sky and cute red flowers on the ground doesn't really create the feeling of war.

 

 

 

Quite a massive difference, don't you think?

 

Me personally like the Studzi map, but the building in the (almost) middle could be removed since that building attracts like half of the teams and just creates a mess. Seems WGs "great" artillery machanic just makes people scared to actually spread out evenly on the map and instead everyone runs to cover as quick as possible.

 

I do agree about the Minsk map though. That map is another example of what happens when WG tries to separate HT gameplay into one part of the map and LT/MT/TD gameplay into another part. That river and the open fields around it just creates massive no-go zones. Basically we have maps that are 10x10 squares, but only like 20% of that is actually viable combat area. And those cold war era helicopters and jets doesn't make it better either, especially not when you drive around in a tank from WW2.

 

Loved that campain in BF1! The tank and atmosphere were fantastic!

 

About maps, I played Sutzi-thingy just twice and liked it both time. The building in the middle is what makes the map a better Prokorovka. 

 

Played Minsk just once, but the indistructible thin barrier that block several streets ruin it a lot. Same shame they did on Stalingrad: you got a nice city map full of alleys and flanking and block the majority of them...


Edited by Dava_117, 06 September 2018 - 01:08 PM.


pihip #13 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14175 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

I like neither, but at least Studzianki is not that bad looking and allows arty to do its job (yes I dislike maps that make playing arty almost impossible).


Minsk is bland crap though, the only entertaining thing on that map are the choppers and fighter jets flying overhead as the battle goes on.



Bordhaw #14 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11358 battles
  • 2,306
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 05 September 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

 

Thank you supertesters!

 

 

You know the supertesters are all RU 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48892 battles
  • 1,635
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostBordhaw, on 06 September 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

You know the supertesters are all RU 

 



The_Saki #16 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:06 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 40028 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    08-18-2014

Over 100 games and only seen them once so can't decide!

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users