Jump to content


What happened?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

GeeMies #1 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46317 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    11-16-2011

Hi,

just a quick and short opinion from a 7 year old account and from a middle aged man on this disappointment of a game .

 

I haven't liked this game in perhaps for about a couple of years. Feels like the moneymen and marketing men got a hold of this game and they make all the decisions.There are adds all over this game. I don't trust anything wg says anymore, not a single word. I think you should sell the game wg to someone who cares. You just cant go on and make tanks with thicker armor, with bigger guns, bigger pens and so on, the balance is gone, the problems are somewhere else, it is not a fun anymore, the grind is not worth the trouble anymore. This game hasn't offered anything new, its just pay to win. I regret every penny I've spend on this game, and its a lot.

 

This game was fun 3 years ago. Not anymore. 

 

You know, I want to mention, EVE online, I spent a lot of money on that game, too. I havent played it in 10 years but I dont have any bad feelings about spending money on that game and its still a very good game.  But I wish I could get my money back on World of Tanks. WoT is crap at the moment. You need to look at the mirror wg or live in and alternate reality and continue at present course.


Edited by GeeMies, 05 September 2018 - 10:07 PM.


WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15939 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
#9.134ever

Joggaman #3 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23964 battles
  • 6,314
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 05 September 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

#9.134ever

 

#8.5

GeeMies #4 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46317 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    11-16-2011
It seems all the decisions on development on the game are judged by how much money they bring to wg. And, in my opinion, these decisions have made the game far worse than it was.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22562 battles
  • 9,328
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
45k+ battles..............................burn out.

GeeMies #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46317 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    11-16-2011

BravelyRanAway, a good point, absolutely a good point, I am burnt out.

 

At 45k+ games one should expect to seen everything this game has to offer. And I have. The amount of money Ive spent on this game, give me effing more.

 

Developers of this game, use your imagination and make this game great again. Its crap and stale at the moment.


Edited by GeeMies, 05 September 2018 - 10:42 PM.


Dorander #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:45 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18185 battles
  • 2,731
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

Why do people regret spending money on a game like they've made an investment, rather than purchasing something in return for the immediate enjoyment they got out of it?

 

Seriously, you bought stuff three years ago, used it, had fun with it, and now you're complaining that things have changed? Change tends to be good for games, it improves their longevity, because existing players have new things to do (in this case, grind). Without giving people reasons to keep playing, your game dies a lot faster.

 

Also, if decisions are made for the sake of making money (and it's still a company), and this actually results in customers spending money (the key requirement of selling a product), then apparently they're doing something right. If someone came up to me and said "Hey, if you offer it to me, I'll buy your poo once per week, but only after you've eaten sprouts." I'd sell the man poo, I wouldn't say "I couldn't possibly sell you poo even if you wanted it." Customers vote with their wallets.



Balc0ra #8 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66269 battles
  • 16,259
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostGeeMies, on 05 September 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

You know, I want to mention, EVE online, I spent a lot of money on that game, too. I havent played it in 10 years but I dont have any bad feelings about spending money on that game and its still a very good game.  But I wish I could get my money back on World of Tanks. WoT is crap at the moment. You need to look at the mirror wg or live in and alternate reality and continue at present course.

 

It's just a game. Just leave it at that and move on. No online game last forever. But WOT is far from the online game I've played the longest. I still don't regret buying anything. Sure some of the premium tanks I have are not as good anymore. But in the 500 games I got in one of them when it was good. I can't complain about the value price pr battle I got for it when it was good. But like a VHS you did see 900 times as a kid. At one point, the tape will burn out too. And you have over 1200 games in a tier 5 premium, and 800 in the T34. Pr battle played vs the price you paid. You got your moneys worth either way for those I suspect. As I doubt you would play them that much if they were bad, or the game was terrible. 

 

 

 

 



Steve8066 #9 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12432 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostDorander, on 05 September 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Why do people regret spending money on a game like they've made an investment, rather than purchasing something in return for the immediate enjoyment they got out of it?

 

because online games are completely different to stand alone games. In a stand alone game you get a physical item which you can play forever even if the company goes bust. With an online game you are reliant on the company making good decisions with your `investment` and not throwing it away like they have this summer (Buffon/Haye-Bellew boxing), which has not brought anywhere near the amount of new players that they expected.

 

I know I regretted ever spending a penny on this game the minute they came out and blatantly lied about PMM messing up the MM. Any company that does things like that deserves to go out of business.



Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,861
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostDorander, on 05 September 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Why do people regret spending money on a game like they've made an investment, rather than purchasing something in return for the immediate enjoyment they got out of it?

 

Seriously, you bought stuff three years ago, used it, had fun with it, and now you're complaining that things have changed? Change tends to be good for games, it improves their longevity, because existing players have new things to do (in this case, grind). Without giving people reasons to keep playing, your game dies a lot faster.

 

Also, if decisions are made for the sake of making money (and it's still a company), and this actually results in customers spending money (the key requirement of selling a product), then apparently they're doing something right. If someone came up to me and said "Hey, if you offer it to me, I'll buy your poo once per week, but only after you've eaten sprouts." I'd sell the man poo, I wouldn't say "I couldn't possibly sell you poo even if you wanted it." Customers vote with their wallets.

^ This.

If someone puts a price on something it's a product. 

Buy it or leave it. 

It's the same with any other item...f.e. cars....actually many cars got worse over the years ( entertainment systems are outdated before they leave the factory ) cost way more money than anyone would spend on WoT in 100 years and lose a ton of value when the next generation is revealed but i don't see anyone whining about it. 

06:17 Added after 6 minutes

View PostSteve8066, on 05 September 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

 

because online games are completely different to stand alone games. In a stand alone game you get a physical item which you can play forever even if the company goes bust. With an online game you are reliant on the company making good decisions with your `investment` and not throwing it away like they have this summer (Buffon/Haye-Bellew boxing), which has not brought anywhere near the amount of new players that they expected.

 

I know I regretted ever spending a penny on this game the minute they came out and blatantly lied about PMM messing up the MM. Any company that does things like that deserves to go out of business.

Many games you buy nowadays are not on a physical medium anymore. What happens when f.e. Steam decides to stop their services? All your investments are gone too. At least WG is offering new content with DLCs like very company....one could claim that the others milk their customers because some DLC content clearly is ripped out of the full game to draw more money out of your pockets. 

Imagine Star Citizen suddenly going offline....people have spent 5 digit sums on a still unfinished game. A ship costs hundreds of € there. WoT is cheap in comparison. 



Homer_J #11 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • 30,032
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostGeeMies, on 05 September 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

It seems all the decisions on development on the game are judged by how much money they bring to wg. 

But surely happy customers spend more so anything which makes the game more enjoyable would make more money.

 

If their decisions are driving players away then that can only result in less income.



Dorander #12 Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18185 battles
  • 2,731
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostSteve8066, on 05 September 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

 

because online games are completely different to stand alone games. In a stand alone game you get a physical item which you can play forever even if the company goes bust. With an online game you are reliant on the company making good decisions with your `investment` and not throwing it away like they have this summer (Buffon/Haye-Bellew boxing), which has not brought anywhere near the amount of new players that they expected.

 

I know I regretted ever spending a penny on this game the minute they came out and blatantly lied about PMM messing up the MM. Any company that does things like that deserves to go out of business.

 

What 'investment'? Where's the information on my return rates? How much fun can I expect to have if I pay 10 euros? Does it matter if I pay those 10 Euros for a pile of gold or for a premium tank?

 

Buying digital products in games aren't investments. You pay money to improve your enjoyment of the game, that enjoyment is immediate unless you never end up using the product, which is your own fault for spending money on something you apparently did not want anyway.

 

The idea that stand-alone games somehow last forever is also an illusion. Physical objects deteriorate, CDs and DVDs don't have eternal life. Software platforms such as operating systems get updated or completely revised and you find that they're not backwards compatible with ancient software. Having products on a digital distribution platform is a huge advantage because such distribution platforms can ensure the functional quality of their products when operating systems change. The data is more likely to be available longer because they have the resources and legal permissions to make required backups. I can go on Steam or GOG right now and play a game I used to play when I was a teenager, if I go to my basement, get the CDs from the box I stored it in years ago and insert it into my computer, all I'm likely to get is an error. Even if it works, it's a more tedious installation process than digital distribution and I won't be able to download any updates.

 

This isn't even unique to games either, professional environments such as businesses and schools also lean on digital distribution problems and the services of data centers for their IT needs, rather than having everything in-house. Having their needed software as online applications saves needing the IT knowledge in-house, saves investment on IT infrastructure, and ensures more professional support. Using large data centers that provides custom on-demand service to multiple customers is cost-effective for all parties involved, especially if these parties are relatively small or have temporary requirements. Not only are those constructions economically solid, once a segment starts relying on them they become pretty difficult to work without, and we find we really don't need their predecessors anymore. Large constructions don't just keel over. If digital distribution ever collapses without recovery, it's either because it's been replaced by an even better alternative, or because we have an entirely different kind of problem on our hands and we've got more important things to deal with than getting our next game.



Bordhaw #13 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11543 battles
  • 2,481
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostGeeMies, on 05 September 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Hi,

just a quick and short opinion from a 7 year old account and from a middle aged man on this disappointment of a game .

 

I haven't liked this game in perhaps for about a couple of years. Feels like the moneymen and marketing men got a hold of this game and they make all the decisions.There are adds all over this game. I don't trust anything wg says anymore, not a single word. I think you should sell the game wg to someone who cares. You just cant go on and make tanks with thicker armor, with bigger guns, bigger pens and so on, the balance is gone, the problems are somewhere else, it is not a fun anymore, the grind is not worth the trouble anymore. This game hasn't offered anything new, its just pay to win. I regret every penny I've spend on this game, and its a lot.

 

This game was fun 3 years ago. Not anymore. 

 

You know, I want to mention, EVE online, I spent a lot of money on that game, too. I havent played it in 10 years but I dont have any bad feelings about spending money on that game and its still a very good game.  But I wish I could get my money back on World of Tanks. WoT is crap at the moment. You need to look at the mirror wg or live in and alternate reality and continue at present course.

 

That's why new player numbers are the lowest ever. 

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,861
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostBordhaw, on 06 September 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

That's why new player numbers are the lowest ever. 

Every wave of players has it's peaks and troughs. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users