SUICIDING

SUICIDING

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: SUICIDERS (31 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Suiciders SHOULD be penalised?

1. YES - Suiciders SHOULD be penalised (20 votes [64.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.52%

2. NO - There should be no penalty (11 votes [35.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

Vote Hide poll

LesBearEU #1 Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21293 battles
  • [-I19-] -I19-

We have one group on facebook what is discussing this topic SUICIDING, here are the options.

https://www.facebook...s/wotartynoobs/

SUICIDING in game is something I think most of us hate, whether it is Arty doing it or any other tank for that matter. I am going to write to WG about it but I wanted to run these ideas past you all first to see if you think they are fair.

EDIT:

1. IF you take a shot AND your own shot kills you AND you had no enemy or friendly tank in your aiming circle at the time, that counts as suicide.

2. If you drown AND no enemy or friendly tank was responsible (i.e. you were not shot or tracked or rammed in the 5 secs leading up to entering the water) AND there is no enemy within 50 yards of you, that counts as suicide.

3. THIS HAS BEEN EDITED due to comments/being unpopular. If you "crash" AND no enemy or friendly tank was responsible (i.e. you were not shot or tracked or rammed in the 5 secs leading up to the crash) AND there is no enemy within 50 yards of you, that counts as suicide.

4. The penalty for suiciding should be loss of ALL XP and CREDITS and AWARDS for that game.

EDIT:

5. Some method of guaging if the above are a regular occurrence would be needed. Perhaps something similar to the method used when people turn blue due to team damage.

What do you all think ? Can you see something I haven't thought of ? Is there something you think should be added/removed ?

I have done my best to think of all scenarios but of course I may have missed something.

So please tell what you think?

LesBearEU

Edited by LesBearEU, 06 September 2018 - 06:09 PM.

lotusblossom #2 Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 32592 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
Seems OK to me, only thing I can think of some tanks seem to get into trouble crashing and overturning with high frequency such as the Even 90. You could upset people playing these kind of exciting but unstable tanks, not me of course I recognise I don't have the skill or reactions to deal with those type of tanks. 

Homer_J #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLesBearEU, on 06 September 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

What do you all think ? 

I think a dead enemy is a dead enemy and I don't really care how they get into that state.

By your definition I have suicided numerous times but I assure you they were all genuine accidents.  I don't think I should be punished any more than losing my tank and any potential income from damage I could have done staying alive. 

Naughtilus #4 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24017 battles
  • [_AF_] _AF_

It occurred to me a couple of times that I misjudged a ledge, a drop, or was looking the other way. 

I even went under the ice on Glacier because I was looking at the mid ridgeline and fell into a hole.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Interesting how my topic on this subject is closed  due to 'Rule Violations' and yet this one on EXACTLY the same subject is simply moved to Off-Topic?

SiliconSidewinder #6 Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28045 battles

penalties are not good for games and just breed disconent and toxicity.

a example: the whole suicide thing is the result of the desertion penalty.

In old days when players wanted to give up, they just quit the match, but since there is now a penalty for doing that before the tank was destroyed....

So if you want to solve the problem you have to find solutions that solve the problem in positive ways.

For example you could give players a massive xp boost for damage and kills done when severly outnumbered, a last stand bonus so to speak.

or you could just allow enemy players to surrender but then still give the credit and xp award to the winning team, after all they captured the enemy tanks.

StuffKnight #7 Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32739 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostLesBearEU, on 06 September 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

So please tell what you think?

I think you're salty because someone offed themself and denied you a medal of some sort in the process, else you wouldn't have made this topic.

How dare I save myself time and bother by flying off a cliff in an unwinnable situation. The audacity of it all! Heads up buddy, if you want to kill me then you'll have to catch me first. Too slow? Too far away? Too bad! I'm taking my tank to the great beyond, and taking your medal away with it!

BYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... *skronk*

Skullstuski #8 Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14340 battles
  • [KYD] KYD
When you sit and look at it, you wouldn't be that happy if you have 3 arty holding you down into a corner when the team is not supporting you. If you have a reserve on, there's zero point in you being repeatedly slammed by arty, unable to do a thing because if you move you'll get shot to shreds. You've wasted a game, yes, however, there's no point in playing a game if you're not enjoying it. Arty has been doing it for years, and the minute that someone else does it, people kick up about it.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSkullstuski, on 25 October 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

When you sit and look at it, you wouldn't be that happy if you have 3 arty holding you down into a corner when the team is not supporting you. If you have a reserve on, there's zero point in you being repeatedly slammed by arty, unable to do a thing because if you move you'll get shot to shreds. You've wasted a game, yes, however, there's no point in playing a game if you're not enjoying it. Arty has been doing it for years, and the minute that someone else does it, people kick up about it.

Aaand... how exactly is that relevant in this thread about suiciding?  :sceptic:

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 22 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

penalties are not good for games and just breed disconent and toxicity.

a example: the whole suicide thing is the result of the desertion penalty.

In old days when players wanted to give up, they just quit the match, but since there is now a penalty for doing that before the tank was destroyed....

But in the olden days (as well as in most other multiplayergames today) it was similarly easy to join a running match to occopy that empty position again.

The desertion penalty is perfectly fine, the problem is and always was peoples' attitude. And I doubt that even 10% of the suicides are caused by that penalty...

Block Quote

So if you want to solve the problem you have to find solutions that solve the problem in positive ways.

For example you could give players a massive xp boost for damage and kills done when severly outnumbered, a last stand bonus so to speak.

or you could just allow enemy players to surrender but then still give the credit and xp award to the winning team, after all they captured the enemy tanks.

The option to surrender would be something worth thinking about, but trying to motivate all those special players to stay in the game is like "Little Charly, please finish your dish. Please do. When you do, you'll get ice cream!"  

Edited by Jigabachi, 27 October 2018 - 04:31 PM.

Also tagged with SUICIDING

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users