Jump to content


Super conqueror, what you think about it ?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

davidexillia #1 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2370 battles
  • 64
  • [LIT17] LIT17
  • Member since:
    03-24-2018

Hello,

for cutiosity what you think about super conqueror, is only very  strong or even op ?

Thanks

 



Dava_117 #2 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:54 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19058 battles
  • 3,113
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

The main problem is the absolute lack of weackspots on the turret coupled with an UFP that can block basically any tier 10 HT AP shell.

It's not OP but it's one of the monstruosity that require close to zero armour skills that WG was dumping out recntly. Giving it a real weackspot and nerfing gun depression to the historical -7° (also on Conqueror) should do the trick.



Jamadeus #3 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17866 battles
  • 184
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

It's like a Conqueror, but super.



Pansenmann #4 Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33953 battles
  • 12,514
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostJamadeus, on 06 September 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

It's like a Conqueror, but super.

 

I like that approach.

How thick is the armor of it's engine deck?

 

just asking. :B



NoobySkooby #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 12136 battles
  • 2,362
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

I though you could ammo rack it in the front, maybe I read that wrong somewhere

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48892 battles
  • 1,634
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
  • Start with the IS7 line, stay as long as you want in the lower tiers till you master the tank you're playing.
  • The game is about doing damage, through good positioning and map awareness you can do that.
  • Challenge yourself, if you do your tank's HP in one battle, try to do more in the next battles until you're doing 2x or 3x your hp or more.
  • Don't move up a tier until you can do that in your current tank.
  • Study the maps, knowing where to go with your tanks is essential.
  • Study the movements of good players/streamers, how they advance, how they stall and when they retreat.
  • Your top tier tanks are not going anywhere so take your time and learn the basics so you can enjoy them.
  • Ask whatever question comes to your mind on these forums, maps, positions, equipment, crew skills, etc.

 

Good luck!



mortalsatsuma #7 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13160 battles
  • 1,624
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014

I have one, my first tier 10, and I suck in it. Though I did have one good game where I did 5.5K damage which i think is my damage record, got 3 kills and my team still blamed me for the loss even though I came top on damage and exp.....

 

It's definitely a solid tank but it's not totally idiot-proof. Arty will still wreck you despite the massive amounts of spaced armour and you really do need to be hull-down to be the OP-machine everyone says that it is. 



signal11th #8 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36435 battles
  • 5,614
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Strong but not OP what I mean by this is it's only strong if you let one get into a hull down position, soon as it's showing it's hull it's not very strong. 

Bradders8 #9 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5431 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-03-2018

I'm one of a rare breed that doesn't actually like and/or has not got it to work properly for me yet.

 

For me it just feels quite slow and low alpha (yes redic dmp however) which doesn't seem to suit me. Obviously doing something wrong because in the hands of people who use it properly it can be a game changer.

 



lime_vortep #10 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016
It is usually very strong when I face it. Not OP, but very good. Yesterday I hit him for 1850 damage with my FV215b (183). It was sooooo sweet.  

Edited by lime_vortep, 07 September 2018 - 09:07 AM.


DeadLecter #11 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21846 battles
  • 388
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
Thanks to the gun depression, great turret and UFP armor you can go hull down on any map  sth you cant do in most tanks. For example you can go hull down in IS7 but good luck shooting anything. Plus besides the armor you have insane DPM and Medium-like gun handling. The only downside S.Conq has is its mobility which is not that bad either. It beats all other tanks in HT class in my opinion with only a few exceptions. (Auto loader HTs) other than that it beats all other HTs

Edited by DeadLecter, 07 September 2018 - 09:31 AM.


ExistanceUK #12 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14644 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    08-29-2015

View PostDeadLecter, on 07 September 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Thanks to the gun depression, great turret and UFP armor you can go hull down on any map  sth you cant do in most tanks. For example you can go hull down in IS7 but good luck shooting anything. Plus besides the armor you can insane DPM and Medium-like gun handling. The only downside S.Conq has is its mobility which is not that bad either. It beats all other tanks in HT class in my opinion with only a few exceptions. (Auto loader HTs) other than that it beats all other HTs

 

You forgot the giant fat hull that is (except the UFP) as strong as a good piece of Stilton soft cheese. Whilst it's not as bad as the landing deck of the FV215(b), arty still loves the SC and how many random games have you had recently that didn't have at least 2 arty in them. 

 

As people have said if you allow the SC to get on a nice ridge line and the is no arty then yes it's very strong but in every other situation you would much rather be in a heavy tank that actually has some real armour like the IS7 or even the Type 5. 

 

 

 

 



Cobra6 #13 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,686
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Turret armor is broken but otherwise it's fine. This game doesn't need more invulnerable armor, it needs less.

 

Cobra 6



Simeon85 #14 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,765
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostDeadLecter, on 07 September 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

 It beats all other tanks in HT class in my opinion with only a few exceptions. (Auto loader HTs) other than that it beats all other HTs

 

5A is a lot more versatile and stronger IMO, The Super Heavies are also generally more forgiving than it as well.

 

It's a hull down tank, which means most of the time it's situational and relies on people to feed it rather than it being able to apply pressure. A non-hull down Super Conqueror is not that strong, it is basically just some hit points and DPM. 

 

Pretty much anything is faces can pen it frontally when it's not hull down and it's sides are way weaker than a lot fo the other heavies so it doesn't benefit from those troll bounces a Maus, Type 5 or say IS7 with it's troll spaced side armour get, if you get an angle on it's side hull you'll pen it every time, even tier 8s.

 

It then also does not have the mobility to close the gaps quickly between cover, it's just too slow, so crossing to any point is a no no with your speed and giant weak hull, pushing in the open is a no no, whilst tanks like the 5A, IS7 etc. can do that because they are faster and tanks like the Maus,Type 5 etc. can do that because of their frontal armour.

 

Overall very good tank but not OP.

 

Personally I'd like to see the view port and cupola weakspots on the Conqueror turret replicated on the Super Conqueror turret, apart from that I think it is fine.


Don't think it should have it's gun depression nerfed considering tanks like the 5A have -7, and gun depression is supposed to be a feature of British tanks. Yes the Conqueror had 'historical' gun depression of -7, but then the IS3 had historical gun depression of -3, so I don't feel that is a strong argument.

 



DeadLecter #15 Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21846 battles
  • 388
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostExistanceUK, on 07 September 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

 

You forgot the giant fat hull that is (except the UFP) as strong as a good piece of Stilton soft cheese. Whilst it's not as bad as the landing deck of the FV215(b), arty still loves the SC and how many random games have you had recently that didn't have at least 2 arty in them. 

 

As people have said if you allow the SC to get on a nice ridge line and the is no arty then yes it's very strong but in every other situation you would much rather be in a heavy tank that actually has some real armour like the IS7 or even the Type 5. 

 

 

 

 

 

Look we shouldnt even discuss arty. Today I was playing in my BC25t and I had a very good battle. I was going to clip the enemy Progetto 65 and arty wasnt aiming there because he was away from us and wasnt in even spotted and I went for his last known position I put 2 shots in him and killed him and even though we had super heavies out in the open and spotted for like ever that arty shot and killed me and Im sure he wasnt even fully aimed and I was moving at 60 kph. Funny thing is if Im playing Grille 15 and Im not fully aimed even by a milisecond I miss my shot but arty can do that with no problem so lets not even talk about it. 

So when you have super strong UFP and turret and great gun depression can you tell me exactly how you are gonna shoot the LFP? if a S.Conq driver is showing you his LFP he is a complete moron. Its not even only about armor. The DPM and gun handling is insanely good so you can also take snap shots like no one else can



Simeon85 #16 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,765
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostDeadLecter, on 07 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

 

So when you have super strong UFP and turret and great gun depression can you tell me exactly how you are gonna shoot the LFP? if a S.Conq driver is showing you his LFP he is a complete moron. Its not even only about armor. The DPM and gun handling is insanely good so you can also take snap shots like no one else can

 

Some would say that fighting a Super Conqueror in a hull down position also makes you a moron.

 

You don't fight fair or disadvantaged fights, if you are fighting a hull down SC then you are doing something wrong.

 

Also it's important to note the FV215b has the same gun with the same DPM and even better gun handling, it's also more agile as well and the 215b was never strong. Plus it used to have strong turret for the old meta when there wasn't so much premium spam going around or HE. 

 

Really the Super Conq is just 215b without the turret at the back and little more turret/upper hull armour for the premium spam meta. 

 

We've had the IS7 as an invincible hull down tank for years, it's also hyper mobile, and most maps it's very easy to get hull down with -6 gun depression, maps are made for Russian tanks to get hull down. The IS7 has never been much a problem. 



ExistanceUK #17 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14644 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    08-29-2015

View PostDeadLecter, on 07 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

 

Look we shouldnt even discuss arty. Today I was playing in my BC25t and I had a very good battle. I was going to clip the enemy Progetto 65 and arty wasnt aiming there because he was away from us and wasnt in even spotted and I went for his last known position I put 2 shots in him and killed him and even though we had super heavies out in the open and spotted for like ever that arty shot and killed me and Im sure he wasnt even fully aimed and I was moving at 60 kph. Funny thing is if Im playing Grille 15 and Im not fully aimed even by a milisecond I miss my shot but arty can do that with no problem so lets not even talk about it. 

So when you have super strong UFP and turret and great gun depression can you tell me exactly how you are gonna shoot the LFP? if a S.Conq driver is showing you his LFP he is a complete moron. Its not even only about armor. The DPM and gun handling is insanely good so you can also take snap shots like no one else can

 

Why not talk about arty? It's in nearly every game and most ridge lines are not arty safe so it is huge balancing factor. Look at the Badger, when that came out everyone was like ohoho it's super OP but it has the same hull as the SC and has similar issues (perhaps worse due to no turret). 

 

You forget if you are top tier you can't always sit on your ridge line being all powerful, you have to get on with the game so just because the SC is situationally strong does not mean it will not be exposing all of its huge weak hull. 

 

 

09:10 Added after 1 minute

View PostSimeon85, on 07 September 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

Some would say that fighting a Super Conqueror in a hull down position also makes you a moron.

 

You don't fight fair or disadvantaged fights, if you are fighting a hull down SC then you are doing something wrong.

 

Also it's important to note the FV215b has the same gun with the same DPM and even better gun handling, it's also more agile as well and the 215b was never strong. Plus it used to have strong turret for the old meta when there wasn't so much premium spam going around or HE. 

 

Really the Super Conq is just 215b without the turret at the back and little more turret/upper hull armour for the premium spam meta. 

 

We've had the IS7 as an invincible hull down tank for years, it's also hyper mobile, and most maps it's very easy to get hull down with -6 gun depression, maps are made for Russian tanks to get hull down. The IS7 has never been much a problem. 

 

This very much and better argued then my post. 

 



mortalsatsuma #18 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:39 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13160 battles
  • 1,624
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014

View PostDeadLecter, on 07 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

So when you have super strong UFP and turret and great gun depression can you tell me exactly how you are gonna shoot the LFP? if a S.Conq driver is showing you his LFP he is a complete moron. Its not even only about armor. The DPM and gun handling is insanely good so you can also take snap shots like no one else can

 

If you're trying to fight a Super Conqueror in a hull-down position, you're a moron. Don't play to your enemies strengths. 



lime_vortep #19 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View Postmortalsatsuma, on 07 September 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

 

If you're trying to fight a Super Conqueror in a hull-down position, you're a moron. Don't play to your enemies strengths. 

 

I do it...with Type 4 and Type 5 :D

 

In those, the turret is not a problem for me. 



fwhaatpiraat #20 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46558 battles
  • 615
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostSimeon85, on 07 September 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

Some would say that fighting a Super Conqueror in a hull down position also makes you a moron.

 

You don't fight fair or disadvantaged fights, if you are fighting a hull down SC then you are doing something wrong.

 

Also it's important to note the FV215b has the same gun with the same DPM and even better gun handling, it's also more agile as well and the 215b was never strong. Plus it used to have strong turret for the old meta when there wasn't so much premium spam going around or HE. 

 

Really the Super Conq is just 215b without the turret at the back and little more turret/upper hull armour for the premium spam meta. 

 

We've had the IS7 as an invincible hull down tank for years, it's also hyper mobile, and most maps it's very easy to get hull down with -6 gun depression, maps are made for Russian tanks to get hull down. The IS7 has never been much a problem. 

The is-7 is not hyper mobile, it is barely faster than the s. conq: on malinovka, from west sspawn to the hill it just arrives a few seconds earlier. The Chinese heavies and obj277 have their mobility much more like a medium.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users