Blocking missions are retarded in this current meta

HESH HEAT HE ARTY

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

the_nebuchadnezzar #1 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46714 battles
So, as you already saw, their a few missions that involved blocking a certain amount of dmg. Problem is, in this current state of the game, they are hard-border-line-to-impossible cause of a certain number of factors: HESH ammo, Type 4&5, 3 arties per team 90% of the battles and, of course, the spamming of premium ammo that is so common nowdays that it`s a big surprise when I see players that fire standard ammo (still not saw a single 907 driver firing normal ammo yet)! I remember there were similar mission in the first set of PM, but I don`t remember being that complicated to complete them. Now, it`s one or two bounces and then instant GOLD rounds! And this is the fortunate situation where you don`t get smack for 1800 dmg by a FV4005 with gold ammo or some fantasy Japanese ships with track do the same, but for „only“ a few hundred dmg. It`s frustrating. How are you guys dealing with this situation? 

BR33K1_PAWAH #2 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2991 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Similar missions from first campaign require you to block twice your hp, or require you to deal as damage AND block some amount of hp, so they are way more "comfortable" to complete.

Homer_J #3 Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I've done the one which required you to block two shots a certain number of times.  It's easy enough, just drive into the firing line and get lucky.  There is no requirement to survive or win or anything else.  The main problem I had was getting someone to shoot at you at all sometimes.

There is a mission to block twice your hitpoints.  For that you don't want to take something with a massive health pool, better to go for the lowest tier that qualifies, so T-150 or O-I or something.  It seems like you are making the mistake of thinking they are all easier using tier X.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 September 2018 - 10:44 AM.

cragarion #4 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 43762 battles

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 07 September 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

So, as you already saw, their a few missions that involved blocking a certain amount of dmg. Problem is, in this current state of the game, they are hard-border-line-to-impossible cause of a certain number of factors: HESH ammo, Type 4&5, 3 arties per team 90% of the battles and, of course, the spamming of premium ammo that is so common nowdays that it`s a big surprise when I see players that fire standard ammo (still not saw a single 907 driver firing normal ammo yet)! I remember there were similar mission in the first set of PM, but I don`t remember being that complicated to complete them. Now, it`s one or two bounces and then instant GOLD rounds! And this is the fortunate situation where you don`t get smack for 1800 dmg by a FV4005 with gold ammo or some fantasy Japanese ships with track do the same, but for „only“ a few hundred dmg. It`s frustrating. How are you guys dealing with this situation? 

Have you noticed these campaigns and stuff are called MARATHONS not sprints, it's called a marathon because it's supposed to be LONG and HARD, you are not supposed to fly through easy missions to get to the end, other people have done them you just have to keep trying.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38087 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 07 September 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

My VK100.01 seems to be managing well enough.

As Homer says, you just drive at them & hope for the best - which, if I'm honest, is very much how I play the game anyways :child:

the_nebuchadnezzar #6 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46714 battles

View Postcragarion, on 07 September 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Have you noticed these campaigns and stuff are called MARATHONS not sprints, it's called a marathon because it's supposed to be LONG and HARD, you are not supposed to fly through easy missions to get to the end, other people have done them you just have to keep trying.

Not saying this should be a sprint. Just saying this in this current environment bouncing it`s a problem. Ok, their are some tanks that can bounce, but few and not in every group of nation. And even they have problems since armor is irrelevant with all the HESH, GOLD and arties around. Krangvagn, for example, can bounce shots like a boss, but no one is shooting your turret unless it`s a Type 5 with premium HE. Bounce that if you can. I`m sure I will finish the missions in the end, but it`s not about me.   

FizzleMcSnizzle #7 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4289 battles
I have missions activated, but never set out to complete any of them (particularly those that entail the soul-crushing embarrassment of playing artillery). The credits and boosters are a nice thing to have, but I am already making a shedload of cash from playing mud tiers, so don't need them. The reward tanks will be crap anyway.

SlenderMoose #8 Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56401 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
Block mission are stupid period!
A mission that forces you to expose yourself willingly to the enemy firepower is counterproductive for education purpose and gameplay in general.
With that said there are times when you should consider to draw enemy fire upon yourself or eat a bullet for a team mate. Has nothing to do with sitting in the open with a Maus tho.

__anarky__ #9 Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5619 battles

View PostSlenderMoose, on 07 September 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Block mission are stupid period!
A mission that forces you to expose yourself willingly to the enemy firepower is counterproductive for education purpose and gameplay in general.
With that said there are times when you should consider to draw enemy fire upon yourself or eat a bullet for a team mate. Has nothing to do with sitting in the open with a Maus tho.

+1

gold ammo is problem... how can you block when they almost dont need to aim...

Thejagdpanther #10 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34427 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
But gold ammo are fine, well balanced, they teach you how to play and aim for weakspots.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18997 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThejagdpanther, on 07 September 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

But gold ammo are fine, well balanced, they teach you how to play and aim for weakspots.

Agree. Especially if you need them to pen those weackspots. 

UrQuan #12 Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Never had problems with missions like this. Probably because I enjoy armored tanks & play them accordingly. 

Missions like that are about playing your armored tank to it's strengths. Be in the frontline, use the terrain & environment to minimize damage & go pester the enemy as they got trouble hurting you. They're not about sitting in the open & get shot, that's dumb play. It's about finding a good spot to either hold back the enemy, or push against them with minimal HP loss as you try to break the enemy force.

It's odd how people complain when armored HT's don't go to the front to take the shots, but the moment a mission rewards proper frontline play for armored tanks 'it's a stupid mission'. 

And prem ammo isn't autopen, you just got to pay attention to the enemy guns & their potential penning power. Assume everyone fires prem & act accordingly. Know your armor layout, know which tanks fire HEAT & which ones APCR (makes alot of difference in angling: overmatch rule & autobounce vary on these shells)

Ofc prem ammo makes it harder, but it's been in the game for years.

Play your armored tank right & you're the focus of the match, so your allies can dish out damage more freely as you take the beating for them.

Been driving the KV-4 for years now & it's still a very tanky tank. In the damage-departement it isn't anything impressive, much better tanks around. On vision/camo ratings it's downright horrible. but on staying power? Top of the line still. Just needs some skill in maximizing the armor potential.

A big part of being successful with armored tanks is doing a quick team scan on the countdown: what map is it, what side are you on: where can you use your armor the best. What tanks do the enemy have & which ones are a high risk for you? Plan accordingly.

Once the game starts; go to yoru location, see how many go to your flank, assess/finetune your tactics. Few: go defensive, many; go offensive. Finetune your tactic more when you meet the enemy: few high risk tanks: play aggressive; many high risk tanks: play cautious . Remember, you are an armored tank, so you are also slow; retreating is rarely an option (falling back is tho, keep an eye out for backup positions near you), switching flanks tends to be out of the question, you are committed to that flank, for better or worse, so make the best of it.

And for the comment 'it's stupid to expose yourself to get shot at', it depends. If you lack armor, yes it's stupid. If you got armor however & got the basics down of angling & your armor layout? Go for it, draw the fire, so the enemy shoots you, not your paper-armored allies. Armor doesn't exists solely to protect you, it exists so you can take the beating other tanks cannot take. Make the enemy shoot you ,(and bounce) ,rather then them taking shots at your Skorpion buddy in the back.

Do note, a big error I see alot of folks make in armored tanks is this: they hardly move or they move very predictable. This gives the enemy time to aim / pre-aim on weaker parts of your armor. Move erratically, move often, go back & forth, left & right, wiggle that tank, make it hard for the enemy to aim at a specific point.

This is also why Vstabs equipment is your friend, so your aiming is not as affected by small movements.

Oh and big caliber HE guns are your enemy, whether they be arty or otherwise. They really dampen your effectiveness as an armored tank (even prem ammo isn't that efficient as big caliber HE to nullify armor tbh.  Avoid getting hit by them when you can.

Edited by UrQuan, 07 September 2018 - 06:56 PM.

Also tagged with HESH, HEAT, HE, ARTY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users