Jump to content


Isn't it time to update first campaign mission requirements? (HT-12 and SPG-15)

HT-12 HT-7 T-55A Obj260 SPG-15 campaign mission

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

goodman528 #1 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11851 battles
  • 18
  • [FACE] FACE
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

When the first campaign's missions were first revealed, all of them looked quite reasonable. But that was a different game, with a completely different meta. Now there are many missions in the first campaign which look impossible:

 

T-55A and Obj260 SPG-15 mission requires you to finish as top 1 by experience on your team. Back in the day when Obj-261 had AP ammo and good accuracy, I thought this was a fairly easy mission to complete. But now?! After all of the years of artillery nerfs, how hard does your team need to fail for you to finish top of the team in an artillery?! This mission is now purely about pulling on the fruit machine again and again until you get 29 tomatoes in a non-city map.

 

HT-12 requires you to block damage equal to 3x your vehicle's HP. When this mission was first introduced years ago, this was easy. Now that premium ammo is standard ammo for most tanks, how is this possible? Are we supposed to find the mythical one person on the server who isn't shooting premium ammo and side scrape in front of him all day and not shoot back in fear that he might die before you complete the mission?

 

HT-7, win by capping, in a heavy tank! In what situation is this mission doable? You need to be the last person alive on your team, on a map where the capping point has cover, and have an opponent so incompetent that he doesn't damage you for 2 minutes.

 

HT-9, destroy an opponent tank by ramming. This one is relatively easy, but it leads to really stupid gameplay.



Sirebellus #2 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19485 battles
  • 550
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View Postgoodman528, on 07 September 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

T-55A and Obj260 SPG-15 mission requires you to finish as top 1 by experience on your team. Back in the day when Obj-261 had AP ammo and good accuracy, I thought this was a fairly easy mission to complete. But now?! After all of the years of artillery nerfs, how hard does your team need to fail for you to finish top of the team in an artillery?! This mission is now purely about pulling on the fruit machine again and again until you get 29 tomatoes in a non-city map.

 

 

That one is fairly easy...

 

Spoiler

 



goodman528 #3 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11851 battles
  • 18
  • [FACE] FACE
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostSirebellus, on 07 September 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

That one is fairly easy...

 

Spoiler

 

 

lol. I have thought of that. But the mission only accepts tier 6+ vehicles.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66537 battles
  • 16,578
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
You want the top spot. You need to farm damage and assist. And if you get lots of both. No problem getting that done. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 September 2018 - 05:09 PM.


Dava_117 #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19801 battles
  • 3,455
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postgoodman528, on 07 September 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

When the first campaign's missions were first revealed, all of them looked quite reasonable. But that was a different game, with a completely different meta. Now there are many missions in the first campaign which look impossible:

 

T-55A and Obj260 SPG-15 mission requires you to finish as top 1 by experience on your team. Back in the day when Obj-261 had AP ammo and good accuracy, I thought this was a fairly easy mission to complete. But now?! After all of the years of artillery nerfs, how hard does your team need to fail for you to finish top of the team in an artillery?! This mission is now purely about pulling on the fruit machine again and again until you get 29 tomatoes in a non-city map.

 

HT-12 requires you to block damage equal to 3x your vehicle's HP. When this mission was first introduced years ago, this was easy. Now that premium ammo is standard ammo for most tanks, how is this possible? Are we supposed to find the mythical one person on the server who isn't shooting premium ammo and side scrape in front of him all day and not shoot back in fear that he might die before you complete the mission?

 

HT-7, win by capping, in a heavy tank! In what situation is this mission doable? You need to be the last person alive on your team, on a map where the capping point has cover, and have an opponent so incompetent that he doesn't damage you for 2 minutes.

 

HT-9, destroy an opponent tank by ramming. This one is relatively easy, but it leads to really stupid gameplay.

 

While I agree that the SPG mission should be changed, but all the HT one are doable. 

HT-12 can be done in a lot of HTs. T-150, KV-4, VK100.01P and so on. Gold ammo is just an excuse to not learn how to play those tanks.

HT-7 is nothing strange. Just play and eventually you will cap to win. Happened a lot of time as no one force you to push if it's clear that capping is better.

HT-9 doesn't lead to any stupid gameplay: player forcing to finish the mission do it. Take a fairly mobile HT with a big enought mass and it will come the right situation. 



Roudari #6 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34124 battles
  • 730
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
What artillery nerfs? Its been buffed and buffed and its now easier to play than ever.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16619 battles
  • 25,890
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postgoodman528, on 07 September 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

T-55A and Obj260 SPG-15 mission requires you to finish as top 1 by experience on your team. Back in the day when Obj-261 had AP ammo and good accuracy, I thought this was a fairly easy mission to complete. But now?! After all of the years of artillery nerfs, how hard does your team need to fail for you to finish top of the team in an artillery?! This mission is now purely about pulling on the fruit machine again and again until you get 29 tomatoes in a non-city map.

 

Honestly I don't imagine it being that bad, compared to the other ones. If I manage 3.5k combined, which likely also means I've done a fair bit of damage myself, I feel pretty confident that I'd be up there on the board. That said I'm doing VIII Artillery for it, so I'd also have the bonus of damaging tanks higher than me most likely (?) than doing it in a 261 For example.

 

Some of the other missions are more annoying for me. Took over 4 Hours effectively just to do the mission for 200 Seconds of stun, and I have to do it again later and teammates must destroy 3 Of those stunned enemies. That's gonna be annoying since IMO Those things count each other, since it's far more likely to get a kill on someone who's on relatively low health that I stun but then I don't get the stun time, and focusing on someone to farm the stun time means I'm not likely to get the stun kill assist.



15JG52Brauer #8 Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75604 battles
  • 552
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

I have to admit trying to get SPG15 with honours for the 260 was a bit of a slog - twice I did it but the games  were drawn ,once I did it all, but it was in ranked http://wotreplays.eu...or_gun_carriage, so no mission completion - then I got this http://wotreplays.eu...2brauer-t92_hmc - was only showing 3k in game - so getting back to the garage and finding it was done was a nice surpise :-)

  Previously I had done it without honours in the SU14-1 http://wotreplays.eu...2brauer-su-14-1 , and probably after that some tier 8s and 9s while trying to get it with honours (came very close in the SU14-2 and M53-55 as well). It's tricky - but I suppose it should be - the hardest part is getting the stunning damage - as so many times I did 4-5k and no one shot what I stunned. Perhaps tone it down a touch - but if its too easy everyone will play arty for it - do you really want that?



PervyPastryPuffer #9 Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31180 battles
  • 2,140
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

MT-15 is impossible.

 

SPG-15 I've managed to complete but without honors, because stupidly you have to be top xp on both teams, and you can't do that if your team loses.

 

Grand Battles are the only game mode where these missions become doable, but those are rare.

 

All the other missions are pretty straightforward.



the_nebuchadnezzar #10 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48489 battles
  • 1,169
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
I did SPG 15 in tier 9 german arty on... Ruinberg. Not hard at all. Bloking missions I did in the VKB, but before it was nerfed. HT7 is a walk in the park. You find it hard to cap in a heavy? Lol... Also, ramming an enemy tank is so easy if you have a fast HT: IS7, Obj 277, 113, WZ 5A etc. Or drive a slow heavy and aome light will cone and ram you at some point. Happens all the time.

HundeWurst #11 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 70100 battles
  • 4,357
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

All the missions you listed are fairly easy to do. Countless players have proven to be able to do so.

 

Git gud!



UrQuan #12 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19719 battles
  • 6,352
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostDava_117, on 07 September 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

 

While I agree that the SPG mission should be changed, but all the HT one are doable. 

HT-12 can be done in a lot of HTs. T-150, KV-4, VK100.01P and so on. Gold ammo is just an excuse to not learn how to play those tanks.

HT-7 is nothing strange. Just play and eventually you will cap to win. Happened a lot of time as no one force you to push if it's clear that capping is better.

HT-9 doesn't lead to any stupid gameplay: player forcing to finish the mission do it. Take a fairly mobile HT with a big enought mass and it will come the right situation. 

 

This really, the HT missions aren't that tough really, provided you enjoy being in the front with your heavy tank.

 

HT 12 is indeed doable in many armored tanks, prem ammo just provided an additional challenge. By now, if you enjoy armored tanks, you incorporate goldspam in your gameplay & shot tanking anyway. Bouncing tripe your HP in your armored tank does require a good game, just like the high damage mission requirements, but if you're good at tanking shots, such matches will come by from time to time.

 

HT-7, the capping one: I feel the Encounter maps are best suited for it, various encounter maps offer great locations where you can play your HT to their strength close or even in the cap (The encounter versions of: Steppes, Mines, Ruinberg, Himmelsdorf & Murovanka come to mind)

To enhance your chances on completing HT-7 on standard maps, you got to take the lead on your flank, pushing it hard, while encounter is about reaching it first & in case you're not first, you're already close & only need to contest a small part of that area (a highly contested area granted, but hey, highly contested areas is where armored tanks shine in!)

Edit: I forgot that decapping also works (thanks Homer_J!), which is a great addition to this mission, as HT's tend to have the durability to withstand some shots/punishment as they ride to the cap to defend it & shoot the cappers.

 

HT-9: destroy an opponent by ramming. Two ways to do it; pick one of the speedier HT's & go ramming when the opportunity arises, or pick a well armored tank. In the latter case, if you see someone going for a close-in fight, accelerate & meet their charge. The damage you do can be surprisingly high even at low speeds. Note that at low HP, some folks enjoy ramming you to get that last bit of HP off. I got so many free kills this way in my armored heavies.

KV-4 is a pretty good choice for this, it's well armored, heavy & yet it is no slouch (getting rammed by a 100 ton tank at 30km/h is no joke!)

T-54 wants to circle me, I can't out-turn him, so: Ramming Speed!

 


Edited by UrQuan, 08 September 2018 - 01:45 PM.


PowJay #13 Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35576 battles
  • 4,203
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

http://wotreplays.eu...t-powjay-fv3805

 

I've done all of the SPG (4) missions since stunning was introduced. I managed to complete the other three sets beforehand.



Homer_J #14 Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • 30,538
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postgoodman528, on 07 September 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

T-55A and Obj260 SPG-15 mission requires you to finish as top 1 by experience on your team. Back in the day when Obj-261 had AP ammo and good accuracy, I thought this was a fairly easy mission to complete. But now?! After all of the years of artillery nerfs, how hard does your team need to fail for you to finish top of the team in an artillery?! 

I played all the T55A arty missions since AP was removed from arty, they are the easiest missions of all.  Coming top isn't that hard, coming top when your team does 2500hp of damage to tanks you have stunned or immobilised is harder, doing that on a win is even more difficult.  But they are not supposed to be easy.

 

Quote

HT-7, win by capping, in a heavy tank! In what situation is this mission doable?

You can do it by resetting the cap.  Not hard at all.



UrQuan #15 Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19719 battles
  • 6,352
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 08 September 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Quote

HT-7, win by capping, in a heavy tank! In what situation is this mission doable?

You can do it by resetting the cap.  Not hard at all.

 

Oh true, I forgot they made it easy & even better by allowing decap. That was a good change.


Edited by UrQuan, 08 September 2018 - 01:43 PM.


_Flagada_Jones_ #16 Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32649 battles
  • 1,283
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012
SPG mission is really simple if you think differently:

Stun a lot, hit a lot, try to take the kill = T9 british arty with first or second gun, and voila.


I think the 8K spot/damage from light is even worst than SPG.


I'm ok with the other. But those campain are really stupid and force players to play stupid (bounce x3 = i expose myself like an idiot to take shots)!

rick1002 #17 Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 35901 battles
  • 59
  • [ADVIC] ADVIC
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
Didn't find Spg 15 hard and it's the only T55a mission I've completed.
This from an average player with a tier 8 German arty and I believe a category with the least amount of games played.

Now the medium mission is hard I've seen games with 8 or 9 TDS in but I'm usually in the wrong tank as I rarely get more than two or three when I'm out in a high tier med.
I will get the lights when I focus on playing them and get a decent crew in the black dog or one the 13-57

Freetoplay_KV2 #18 Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12680 battles
  • 73
  • [STN] STN
  • Member since:
    07-10-2017

Im on HT12 and it needs changing

 

Virtually impossible to be shot at long enough to block 3x hitpoints in a higher tier game.

 

Plus once people miss one shot they follow the QB code of honour and tap the 2 key even if you are not firing back.

 

The reason WHY it needs changing is because HT15 is A LOT easier (12k dmg combined block absorb and deal)



RaxipIx #19 Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30498 battles
  • 939
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
Don't know but SPG 15 for the OBJ 260 with honors is pretty tough, just like the TD mission.

speedphlux #20 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44197 battles
  • 1,808
  • [TZAR] TZAR
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View PostFreetoplay_KV2, on 08 September 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Im on HT12 and it needs changing

 

Virtually impossible to be shot at long enough to block 3x hitpoints in a higher tier game.

 

Plus once people miss one shot they follow the QB code of honour and tap the 2 key even if you are not firing back.

 

The reason WHY it needs changing is because HT15 is A LOT easier (12k dmg combined block absorb and deal)

 

This. HT-15 looks like a gentle breeze compared to HT-12. Seriously, 12k combined is a walk in the park. I've prolly done that one a couple of times already coz I did scored a couple of Ace's in my higher tier heavies. Blocking 3 times your own health pool is very close to winning the lottery nowdays. You have to spam games, until you get in the right matchup and map, and then you have to pray that the enemy team is actually not interested in spamming gold at you. I try to do that myself (the not spamming gold part), but either I get amazing marksmanship (sniping the top bar of an E-100 from 250 meters away with AP shells in my AMX 65t) or people simply fire all the gold back at me and force my hand (queue million Maus drivers that think they can get penned only with gold so they simply fire back all of the gold).




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users