Fisherman's Bay

maps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Killer_Klown #1 Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23190 battles

Took a long break,come back and played just over 100 battles,so much to comment on about all the changes but i just want to ask about what they did to fishermans bay.

Played the map and have yet to win a game from north spawn(bay to the left),no one goes city and end up camping bottom right corner while getting steam rolled.As i see it South has every advantage,they can push city with more cover from mid,they have proper bush cover mid,a ridge line of bushes and better defensive positions to left flank.

From watching streamers its no different,they get outspotted mid,get pushed from both flanks and sniped from left flank bush ridge line,fall back to red line and hope to get a few shots in before the end.

Of all the maps that are unbalanced this map stands out by far IMO.

If anyone has won a game from North spawn,tell me how.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18981 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKiller_Klown, on 08 September 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

Took a long break,come back and played just over 100 battles,so much to comment on about all the changes but i just want to ask about what they did to fishermans bay.

Played the map and have yet to win a game from north spawn(bay to the left),no one goes city and end up camping bottom right corner while getting steam rolled.As i see it South has every advantage,they can push city with more cover from mid,they have proper bush cover mid,a ridge line of bushes and better defensive positions to left flank.

From watching streamers its no different,they get outspotted mid,get pushed from both flanks and sniped from left flank bush ridge line,fall back to red line and hope to get a few shots in before the end.

Of all the maps that are unbalanced this map stands out by far IMO.

If anyone has won a game from North spawn,tell me how.

With HD map, city lost a lot of interest. There are no more sidescraping and hulldown position along the main road that are also covered from the middle.

I started to push the 1-2 line instead. The added a lot of rocks and buildings where you can take cover while your sides are safe. Also winning it gives you flanking positions to clean the middle ridge and take out the city tanks.

Edited by Dava_117, 08 September 2018 - 08:04 AM.

Bennie182 #3 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52569 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
city is a waste of time anyway, as WG did NOTHING to improve the city cover. Pushing will get you killed, as it will get you anywhere on this map. It's same as middle on Fjords. Pushing gets punished, so it's only about patience and camping.

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Problem is every bob and their dog goes mid or 1-2 a lot since the change leaving the town to the enemy or both teams don't go town at all until some smart guys flank through the empty city turning the game around.
1-2 line is always a stalemate unless one side decides to leave it empty or the other yolos regardless and wins...mid is a death zone if you don't know where to hide your butt.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 08 September 2018 - 08:16 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEnforcer1975, on 08 September 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Problem is every bob and their dog goes mid or 1-2 a lot since the change leaving the town to the enemy or both teams don't go town at all until some smart guys flank through the empty city turning the game around.
1-2 line is always a stalemate unless one side decides to leave it empty or the other yolos regardless and wins...mid is a death zone if you don't know where to hide your butt.

This^

A super quick LT or can rush the city flank from either spawn and get in behind the enemy.

HOPEFULLY, if your team is paying attention, the resulting panic you cause can tip the balance in you favour.

Having said that, even with this it is still heavily biased in favour of the south spawn.

Ankara_Aatu #6 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33931 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD
If you are in a platoon, or in a resilient top tier tank, rushing through the town early will often work. A lot of teams don't defend it properly, and even the ones that do tend to take their sweet time getting there, stopping in all kind of places to take shitty shots at the people in mid and generally just staying too far back to shoot at the guys crossing the bottleneck in middle of town. Once you have crossed, you have decent cover from mid.

Edited by Ankara_Aatu, 08 September 2018 - 09:00 AM.

Homer_J #7 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28132 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

WG told everyone that the 1 line and middle were key to winning the map so now everyone goes there.

But it's true.  Going town might win you the town but when you try to push out the other side you will get slaughtered by camping TDs.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 08 September 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

WG told everyone that the 1 line and middle were key to winning the map so now everyone goes there.

But it's true.  Going town might win you the town but when you try to push out the other side you will get slaughtered by camping TDs.

That, my good man, is where arty comes in handy.

UrQuan #9 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEnforcer1975, on 08 September 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

I noticed this as well. Used to go 1-2 alot with my HT's since the rework, because city is real crap. But more & more I noticed i lost matches (or become exceedingly hard won victories) when city was left empty & enemies took advantage of it.

So I began playing in Fisherman's bay city again. But the two sides play very different.

The south spawn has it the easiest imo (regarding city). Take care on your approach & you can enter city relatively easy & even get a choice on what to do: Take shots at spotted midfield tanks from relative safety or play in city, fending off enemy city tanks (or even pushing the enemy out city!). South side has the best part of city, where mid can't really shoot you except at certain locations.

North side has it hard. To enter city safely, you got to take a wide detour & it can take a while if you are a slow tank. There's a rear position that offers good shooting at the midfield tanks when they're spotted tho, but you need an accurate gun to make use of it. Just hope a TD or other snipe sits there.

Entering city can still be very tricky when enemy has mid, pay attention to how your tank can best remain unspotted, make heavy use of obstacles (houses/bushes). Once in city, be ever vigilant about mid, they can shoot into you easy. If your tank is a good sidescraper, you can make great use of this tho & draw the fire on you, so you make it easier for your team.

It's also hard to push into city from north, because mid has such an easy time shooting you & the other side of city isn't much easier if south spawn has a tank/TD on that water-side. 

In short: north spawn is more for defense & drawing fire rather then being a spot to dish out damage. One of those locations that can't be left empty, but folks going there won't see a monster damage game. You can have great defensive games tho. One of the spots where high block damage is a more common occurrence if you play your armored tanks well.

In short:

- South spawn city didn't change much imo, except that mid has an easier time shooting at tanks approaching city, hence take the wide road approach. Only downside is that support in the back can't really help you if things get hairy (but this rarely happens tbh)

- North Spawn city however changed alot: very tricky to reach the city unspotted & requires a very wide approach, meaning you'll be out battle for a good while at start & even when you reach city, you got to remain cautious. Only advantage is that long range support is available (either TD's or otherwise) when things get rough.

FizzleMcSnizzle #10 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4221 battles
I prefer this version of FB. There, I've said it.

Also tagged with maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users