Ultimate Bacon Sarnie Poll........

Bacon Brown Red BBQ Mayo I Dont Dig on Swine

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Appropriate Condiment (22 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

So?

1. HP? (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Daddies? (4 votes [18.18%])

3. Heinz Tomato? (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. BBQ? (4 votes [18.18%])

5. Mayo? (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. Another? Please Discuss... (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

7. Yuk, Pigs Are Filthy Animals & I Don't Eat Filthy Animals! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

SGT_Sprocket22 #41 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28599 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

You guys should try College Pie (a cheap and filling dish I made up whilst at College, hence the name). 

Ingredients: 

Pork Luncheon Meat/Bacon Grill or just regular unsmoked back bacon.

Half an onion (diced) 

About 3/4 diced potatoes (part boiled)

Cheddar Cheese.

Just fry the meat, onion and potato with a drop or two of oil in a frying pan until everything is cooking and has colour. Remove from the heat and turn the oven (or grill) on to a medium heat. Grate the cheese over the frying pan contents. Now place the pan into oven/grill and allow the cheese to melt. Once done, slap the pie onto a plate and enjoy. Serve with tomato sauce/HP sauce or whatever you like really.    

cragarion #42 Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44832 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 08 September 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

So, I have a large, fresh Baguette + six thick cut slices of home smoked middle cut bacon + three goose eggs.

What do I glue it all together with?

tomato lettuce and daddies brown sauce.

CircleOfSorrow #43 Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postjabster, on 09 September 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

What sort of heathen doesn’t like a blue cheese? 

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 September 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

I second Jabsters comment about blue cheese.

There are few finer toppings for a good burger.

I eat/drink cultured food, but I draw the line at mold.  You both probably smell like a couple of disheveled Frenchmen.

As for killing what one eats, I hate knowing that pork comes from the most charming and intelligent creatures I have ever known.  We had a couple of pigs when I was a child, and they were imo smarter than dogs, and sociable too.  We named them, and then ate them.  I love the taste of pork.  I'm a terrible person.

Cows on the other hand, I will eat without the slightest remorse until the day I die.  Every cow I have ever met was a total bore, and they seem to be just sausages with legs; as if made just for eating.

basin79 #44 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 10 September 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I eat/drink cultured food, but I draw the line at mold.  You both probably smell like a couple of disheveled Frenchmen.

As for killing what one eats, I hate knowing that pork comes from the most charming and intelligent creatures I have ever known.  We had a couple of pigs when I was a child, and they were imo smarter than dogs, and sociable too.  We named them, and then ate them.  I love the taste of pork.  I'm a terrible person.

Cows on the other hand, I will eat without the slightest remorse until the day I die.  Every cow I have ever met was a total bore, and they seem to be just sausages with legs; as if made just for eating.

Not just your opinion that pigs are smarter than dogs. It's a fact. 

OIias_of_Sunhillow #45 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25656 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 10 September 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

I used to deliver to a pig farm, in Staffordshire.

I'd see these little porkers running around, enjoying themselves, doing what happy pigs do.

One day, I turned up for a delivery, and the farmer had a trailer behind his LandRover, full of just butchered meat. You could see the meat, sausages, and bacon through the plastic bags laid

out on his trailer.

I remarked what a good market load he had. He, the farmer, reached onto the trailer and handed me a bag of fresh sausages.

They were warm.

I took them home and the wife cooked them for tea. I never touched a one. I couldn't.

Not that particular pack of bangers.

The dog was more than happy to munch his way through what his softy of an owner turned down.

jabster #46 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Dogs are more intelligent than pigs. How else would they have got to a stage where we feed them while at the same time find it adorable that they try to rub themselves against our leg or drag their arse across our carpet.

CircleOfSorrow #47 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 September 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Dogs are more intelligent than pigs. How else would they have got to a stage where we feed them while at the same time find it adorable that they try to rub themselves against our leg or drag their arse across our carpet.

The same argument could be made about cats, but I argue that cats and dogs are so dependent upon humans in their domesticated form that humans enjoy the sense of being needed.  I bet pigs would be quite happy to forage for themselves and visit you when they felt like it if left to their own devices.

jabster #48 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 10 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

The same argument could be made about cats, but I argue that cats and dogs are so dependent upon humans in their domesticated form that humans enjoy the sense of being needed.  I bet pigs would be quite happy to forage for themselves and visit you when they felt like it if left to their own devices.

Cats are just more honest. You feed me and I’ll reward you by showing you my brown starfish on occasions, oh and meowing if I feel like it.

Edited by jabster, 10 September 2018 - 01:42 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #49 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25656 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 September 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

You feed me and I’ll reward you by showing you my brown starfish on occasions

You've just described my younger brother.

jabster #50 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 10 September 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

You've just described my younger brother.

More detail than I needed :)

CircleOfSorrow #51 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 September 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Cats are just more honest. You feed me and I’ll reward you by showing you my brown starfish on occasions, oh and meowing if I feel like it.

Among the multitude of scientific studies that the media picked up upon for its sensationalist value was one with a finding that cats meow in pitches similar in pitch to a crying child when they want something to eat.  Bollocks of course, but mildly amusing.  What has been confirmed true is that cats are carriers of toxoplasmosis, which it is estimated that up to 80% of some western populations are infected with.  The parasitic organism infects rodents, that normally find the smell of cat urine alarming, and changes them neurologically to find the smell of cat pee alluring.  The effects upon humans is not understood, but I think it is clear it makes us smitten with kitty.

Erwin_Von_Braun #52 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41831 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcragarion, on 10 September 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

tomato lettuce and daddies brown sauce.

Hold the rabbit food & it's all good.
16:57 Added after 3 minutes

Agreed - cows are amongst the dumbest of animals but oh my they are tasty:)

Pigs are very much a paradox, simultaneously cute & endearing but also incredibly tasty - in fact every single part of them is good, with the exception of the aforementioned starfish;)

OIias_of_Sunhillow #53 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25656 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 10 September 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Pigs are very much a paradox, simultaneously cute & endearing but also incredibly tasty - in fact every single part of them is good, with the exception of the aforementioned starfish;)

I got another story about pig parts.

When I was really young, 7-8, my parents used to go to a farm monthly, a Thursday evening, to fill the freezer. A great big, '70's chest freezer.

Whilst waiting for my parents to choose their meats, I wandered across to see what the butcher was up to.

This curious 7-8 year old asked if he could have one of the ears that the butcher had sliced off the pigs head that was looking at me. He popped it into a small white, barely see through, plastic bag. And handed it to me.

I secreted it about my person. 

And took it to school the next day on the Friday.

And scared my friends with it. What a hoot. I was king of the playground for the day.

When tired of this larking about,I hid it in the only place suitable.

Behind the old books kept in the store-room which was between two classrooms.

Yay, the weekend came. And the normal football, bicycle rides, and climbing trees was done. Oh, and scaring Mrs McDonald's dog.

Back to school Monday.

Barnes?  ..yes Miss.

Cole?  ..yes Miss.

Dillon?  ..yes Miss.

..."What's that smell?" Asked Mrs Irwin.

Mrs Irwin and Mr Marshment opened their respective doors together, and met in the adjoining store room.

"Can you sme..  "   "Yes".

They found my ear. Well, not my ear.

But they found an ear.

I never said a word.

Edited by OIias_of_Sunhillow, 10 September 2018 - 06:20 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #54 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41831 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 10 September 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

I got another story about pig parts.

When I was really young, 7-8, my parents used to go to a farm monthly, a Thursday evening, to fill the freezer. A great big, '70's chest freezer.

Whilst waiting for my parents to choose their meats, I wandered across to see what the butcher was up to.

This curious 7-8 year old asked if he could have one of the ears that the butcher had sliced off the pigs head that was looking at me. He popped it into a small white, barely see through, plastic bag. And handed it to me.

I secreted it about my person.

And took it to school the next day on the Friday.

And scared my friends with it. What a hoot. I was king of the playground for the day.

When tired of this larking about,I hid it in the only place suitable.

Behind the old books kept in the store-room which was between two classrooms.

Yay, the weekend came. And the normal football, bicycle rides, and climbing trees was done. Oh, and scaring Mrs McDonald's dog.

Back to school Monday.

Barnes?  ..yes Miss.

Cole?  ..yes Miss.

Dillon?  ..yes Miss.

..."What's that smell?" Asked Mrs Irwin.

Mrs Irwin and Mr Marshment opened their respective doors together, and met in the adjoining store room.

"Can you sme..  "   "Yes".

They found my ear. Well, not my ear.

But they found an ear.

I never said a word.

Eeeewww

Did you get to see what it looked like?

OIias_of_Sunhillow #55 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25656 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 10 September 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Eeeewww

Did you get to see what it looked like?

Before ?  ..yes.

Not afterwards, no.

I did smell it though. Unavoidable really.

Dead_in_30_seconds #56 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4437 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsdmqhn50uM

Erwin_Von_Braun #57 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41831 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 10 September 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Before ?  ..yes.

Not afterwards, no.

I did smell it though. Unavoidable really.

I can imagine it was pretty bad:ohmy:
16:57 Added after 0 minutes

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 10 September 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Wise words - indeed they are magical beasts.

Jigabachi #58 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
@ thread: Sooo... just bread, meat and sauce? That's beyond meh. Take your bread, put cream cheese on the bottom one, mustard on the top one, then layer leek, jalapeño, tomato, salt and pepper, some nice cheese, and your meat.
That's something to enjoy. The other one just fills your belly.

About killing animals to eat them:
If people had to kill one animal to be allowed to eat meat, the discussions about it would look a lot differently. Reading those often makes me raging mad. The more we... uh... "evolve" culturally, the more we stray away from our roots and and the understanding of them. That's really sad and also the major reason behind a whole lot of our modern problems.

jabster #59 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJigabachi, on 13 September 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

@ thread: Sooo... just bread, meat and sauce? That's beyond meh. Take your bread, put cream cheese on the bottom one, mustard on the top one, then layer leek, jalapeño, tomato, salt and pepper, some nice cheese, and your meat.
That's something to enjoy. The other one just fills your belly.

Less is often more springs to mind.

Jigabachi #60 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 13 September 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Less is often more springs to mind.

Then I'd eat it as it is...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users