IS-7, HTs in general and a question about GB.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15663 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Not a whine thread. I realize my posting quality has been dwindling even by my own standards but here goes anyway:

1 & 2 - The tank is good, fast, impenetrable turret, I get showered by gold more in a pub battle than a Dinger taking a bath - which despite not upsetting me, 250mm of pen in such a good platform is asking for a Chrysler K syndrome. 30 rounds is nowhere near enough for the RoF of this tank. Had another brief losing streak and it the last battle I just threw the game and died like a noob without any contribution (flame at will, I know this time I deserved it).

By no means a review, but now I understand HT's main cavil about armour not meaning jack. I agree with usage of prem ammo, got no issues with using and receiving them though it remembers me why I chose mobility and firepower over armour.

Then again, let's be honest: it's the weekend. Though that's not a valid excuse to perform poorly on a tank that does most of the work for me... :(

3 - Also related. I remember perfectly shutting down the Grand Battles, as I have zero interesting in a Frontline placebo. And in the second battle with Steve I got thrown in one. My question is: every time a patch is released, is that option automatically rechecked? If so, I do understand WG prolly wanting more data about the mode but pitting players who already said "No" in the said game mode is just gonna grief them:

Turbo battles are already an issue as it is in randoms, where you have "only" 15 players per side. Seeing 59% / 2 VS 13 / %72 in a big counter right in the middle of the screen isn't really much of an incentive to keep playing that game mode much further either (I am obviously not referring to the counter but the turbo battles in GB as well)

IS-7 advice? I guess I'm gonna have to carry 10 AP / 15 APCR / 5 HE. I was hoping not to, but damn. Tier X is terrible.

vcristi #2 Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 66586 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15663 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postvcristi, on 08 September 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

Don't mess with me, I'll win. :D

xx984 #4 Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53690 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Balc0ra #5 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWindSplitter1, on 08 September 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

3 - Also related. I remember perfectly shutting down the Grand Battles, as I have zero interesting in a Frontline placebo. And in the second battle with Steve I got thrown in one. My question is: every time a patch is released, is that option automatically rechecked? If so, I do understand WG prolly wanting more data about the mode but pitting players who already said "No" in the said game mode is just gonna grief them:

Mine has been off for a while now. Still off in this patch. Still not seen it. But if you are platooned, and you're not the leader. It doesn't matter what settings you have. 

vcristi #6 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 66586 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View PostWindSplitter1, on 08 September 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Spoiler

Don't mess with me, I'll win. :D

Yes, you win at the worst writing skills i ever seen on the internet. Your post makes no sense at all.

What is the subject? IS7? Grand Battles? Heavy tanks? Weekend players? Turbo battles? Gold ammo? Normal ammo? More ammo? Less ammo? Noobs unable to play normal tanks? Bigfoot? 

Edited by vcristi, 08 September 2018 - 11:06 PM.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15663 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 September 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Mine has been off for a while now. Still off in this patch. Still not seen it. But if you are platooned, and you're not the leader. It doesn't matter what settings you have. 

That much I know and I did not platoon... weird.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48745 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

No, not really that bad of a post and i know bad!

Mr. Shuriken here is asking for some IS7 advice AND also asking about the GB mode.

As for the IS7...

• loadout: 27 APCR + 3 HE (not a joke!)
  • City maps: you can reverse side scrape like a boss, you can also bait shots in your upper plate (the far side) when peeking around corners but be careful not to expose your drive wheel.
  • Open maps: you can work around gun depression by tilting your tank on a slope to get your gun down while hiding your hull.
  • Use small depressions in the ground to hide your hull. It's a low profile tank, doesn't take much to be hull down.
  • Avoid peeking over ridges: Westfield, Sandriver, Redshire. etc. Meaning you're much safer at the base of the ridge so choose your battleground.
  • Don't trade with type 4/5 and don't trade unless you have a chance to bounce.

Block Quote

why I chose mobility and firepower over armour.

That's the 5A not the IS7. IS7 is meant to be a solid blocker more like an area denial tank.

About GB, i am sorry, i didn't play this crap since it came out. The option is disabled from the beginning and it stayed the same in the settings till now.

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 08 September 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

I get showered by gold more in a pub battle than a Dinger taking a bath.

By no means a review, but now I understand HT's main cavil about armour not meaning jack. I agree with usage of prem ammo, got no issues with using and receiving them though it remembers me why I chose mobility and firepower over armour.

We don't just take gold baths. We also glitter on the inside.

Thank WG for starting their superheavy meta...spamming gold is how players show their apprecation. Gold spam wasn't that bad before that. 

I also chose mobility over armor protection a while before the superheavy meta, this way i can laugh at players spamming gold at my paper tanks and laugh even harder when they bounce. It's a choice i don't regret. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 09 September 2018 - 06:08 AM.

Bennie182 #10 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52570 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Doesn't matter if you have Grand Battles disabled. If you go into platoon with someone and the Commander has it turned on, you will still get them. The mm will only look for what game modes the commander has enabled. It's the same for having a tank with premium mm and one with not. The mm will only look at the mm system for the tank that does not have preferential mm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users