Jump to content


Arsenalen_WOT - Any EXPLANATION?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

9igor4 #1 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23413 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    04-29-2015

​See follow photos

 

Posted Image

 

Posted Image

 



zlaja031 #2 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7435 battles
  • 167
  • Member since:
    03-14-2012
Maybe some press account. They have stats locked. Straik played on account like that... 

the_nebuchadnezzar #3 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48507 battles
  • 1,169
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
WG testing the new generation of bots. The fall in player numbers must be compensate. 

Simeon85 #4 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,309
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Arsenalen is the Swedish tank museum I believe and IIRC same at Bovington they have accounts available for the visitors to play. 

Jigabachi #5 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,303
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostSimeon85, on 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Arsenalen is the Swedish tank museum I believe and IIRC same at Bovington they have accounts available for the visitors to play. 

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

@ OP: Next time feel free to explain what your screenshots show. Not everyone speaks [insert whatever siemka language that is]. Writing a few ines doesn't hurt.

Just as a hint.


Edited by Jigabachi, 09 September 2018 - 02:11 PM.


fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48193 battles
  • 775
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

This indeed. Recently had 3 type 5 heavies from Arsenalen on the enemy team. They were 'unexperienced' to say it politely. Was going to get a 3rd mark of excellence if the server didn't crash :(

9igor4 #7 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23413 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    04-29-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

@ OP: Next time feel free to explain what your screenshots show. Not everyone speaks [insert whatever siemka language that is]. Writing a few ines doesn't hurt.

Just as a hint.

 

Sorry, ​statistics of the player is locked .That is translated 

Balc0ra #8 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66541 battles
  • 16,586
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

They are accounts on the area they have at the Swedish tank museum, just as they have at Bovington now and then. They are like press accounts set to private if you will. As they have everything unlocked etc. So no reason to see their stat progress. 

 

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

Well like with Gamescon etc. They are promoting and trying to "sell" their game. Not gonna do that by showing how fun a 2 vs 1 is all the time with a tier X vs 6 on a closed server I suspect. It's not ideal ofc. But from a marketing perspective... Well. 

 

 



cragarion #9 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44285 battles
  • 2,596
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

Nope they can use any tanks they like just like press accounts, but like most idiots they just want to get to the top as fast as they can, they don't care if their crews not skilled enough or they know what to do or if they ruin other peoples games they just want to get there as fast as possible, it''s the same in all games,

i don't understand it personally whats the point of playing a game if all you are going to do is get to the end as fast as possible and miss out on all the other game content.

especially rpg cheaters, whats the point in buying a game that should take you a couple of months to complete, if all you are going to do is use cheats and follow the main quest line to get to the end of the game in 1 or 2 hours.

I just don't get the mentality of it, 

it's like buying a crime novel and immediately turning to the last page to see who did it.

and i'm not talking about bragging rights to being the first person in the world to complete it, years after a games been out people still do it.



zlaja031 #10 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7435 battles
  • 167
  • Member since:
    03-14-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

And queue would be forever instead just being a regular WOT player. Clueless. 

Jigabachi #11 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,303
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 September 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well like with Gamescon etc. They are promoting and trying to "sell" their game. Not gonna do that by showing how fun a 2 vs 1 is all the time with a tier X vs 6 on a closed server I suspect. It's not ideal ofc. But from a marketing perspective... Well.

Sure. But there are other options. They could at least deactivate platoons for those players...

I guess they have the chat and maybe even map turned off, too.


Edited by Jigabachi, 09 September 2018 - 02:21 PM.


Balc0ra #12 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66541 battles
  • 16,586
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Sure. But there are other options. They could at least deactivate platoons for those players...

I guess they have the chat and maybe even map turned off, too.

 

Yeah sure they could have done some form of limitations etc. But then again, it's not like it's a common sight. If it was I would def want limitations. But once in a blue moon when they "ruin" your game?

Dava_117 #13 Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19827 battles
  • 3,456
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postcragarion, on 09 September 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Nope they can use any tanks they like just like press accounts, but like most idiots they just want to get to the top as fast as they can, they don't care if their crews not skilled enough or they know what to do or if they ruin other peoples games they just want to get there as fast as possible, it''s the same in all games,

i don't understand it personally whats the point of playing a game if all you are going to do is get to the end as fast as possible and miss out on all the other game content.

especially rpg cheaters, whats the point in buying a game that should take you a couple of months to complete, if all you are going to do is use cheats and follow the main quest line to get to the end of the game in 1 or 2 hours.

I just don't get the mentality of it, 

it's like buying a crime novel and immediately turning to the last page to see who did it.

and i'm not talking about bragging rights to being the first person in the world to complete it, years after a games been out people still do it.

 

I may understand why they do so. You're testing a game, open the garage and see a limitless list of tanks with some numbers close to them. Remember, you have no idea of how the game  and matchmaking work, and so on. So you see one tank have a "Firepower" stat of 800 and one of 150. What do you think can give you better chance to win, as a complete noob? Exactly, the one with 800. Some may try historical tanks like Tiger1 or T-34-85, but many will just chose the tank they think it's stronger.

Edited by Dava_117, 09 September 2018 - 02:37 PM.


Jigabachi #14 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,303
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 September 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yeah sure they could have done some form of limitations etc. But then again, it's not like it's a common sight. If it was I would def want limitations. But once in a blue moon when they "ruin" your game?

I don't care that much, because I also don't play much.

Still: If the game didn't have tons of problems already - no problem. But that kind of stuff is pretty much the icing on the cake.



Simeon85 #15 Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,309
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

And ofc It's always tX tanks mixed in between the normal players instead of giving them their own testserver...

 

@ OP: Next time feel free to explain what your screenshots show. Not everyone speaks [insert whatever siemka language that is]. Writing a few ines doesn't hurt.

Just as a hint.

 

Swedish tank museum -> See S-tank -> WOT -> play S-tank, makes sense to me. 

PlasticArmour #16 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 52824 battles
  • 113
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
I thought shared accounts were forbidden?

Homer_J #17 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • 30,546
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJigabachi, on 09 September 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

I don't care that much, because I also don't play much.

Still: If the game didn't have tons of problems already - no problem. But that kind of stuff is pretty much the icing on the cake.

 

It's such a massive problem that we have ONE forum post about it.

 

They are letting some people have a bit of fun playing a game which is supposed to be a bit of fun.  The problem isn't these accounts, it's the people who treat WoT as their career and every battle as if their actual life depends on it.

19:56 Added after 0 minutes

View PostPlasticArmour, on 09 September 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

I thought shared accounts were forbidden?

 

You should stop thinking.  It doesn't suit you.

Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7762 battles
  • 4,248
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostSimeon85, on 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Arsenalen is the Swedish tank museum I believe and IIRC same at Bovington they have accounts available for the visitors to play. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they'd do something like that for several other museums if they got the chance.

Musée des Blindés (FR), Nationaal Militair Museum (NL), Deutsches Panzermuseum Munster (DE), etc.



PlasticArmour #19 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 52824 battles
  • 113
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 09 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

 

It's such a massive problem that we have ONE forum post about it.

 

They are letting some people have a bit of fun playing a game which is supposed to be a bit of fun.  The problem isn't these accounts, it's the people who treat WoT as their career and every battle as if their actual life depends on it.

19:56 Added after 0 minutes

 

You should stop thinking.  It doesn't suit you.

 

[edited]

Bexleyheath #20 Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5572 battles
  • 338
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-07-2018

Arsenalen is a great museum! Nowhere near as big as Bovington or Munster but there's a lot of neat stuff there. From the website:

 

arsenalen_gamezone.jpg

 

Those chairs look very uncomfortable :(






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users