No russian bias in wot /joke

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

MrWeedy1 #1 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

How do you explain this WG? A german tank standing still, aiming at soviet tank and aiming circle for no good reason jumping up to the sky trying to force your shot to miss.

https://www.youtube....h?v=5PdcVfssfhk

BR33K1_PAWAH #2 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3597 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

SevernaSnaga #3 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2451 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
I could saved hundreds of those aim reticle bugs on tanks other than Russian, but i have more important things to do than whine about "bias"

Andrasan89 #4 Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6771 battles

just like this..

https://thearmoredpa...n-2/#more-66004

MrWeedy1 #5 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
Yep... Data speaks for itself. There's a reason why certain nation is so played and why certain nation's tanks are very likely to penetrate their target on the move while one other nation's tank never even hit their targets on the move unless we talk about mediums at melee range.

Edited by MrWeedy1, 09 September 2018 - 05:28 PM.

cragarion #6 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44292 battles

View PostMrWeedy1, on 09 September 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

How do you explain this WG? A german tank standing still, aiming at soviet tank and aiming circle for no good reason jumping up to the sky trying to force your shot to miss.

Well instead of getting my tin foil hat out and screaming Russian conspiracy's like a lunatic, 

i would fill out a bug report stating that it's possible the graphic of a telegraph poll interferes with the in-game reticle, and send the replay in.

i would have also fired as they were driving along the ridge side on rather than a frontal shot.

Dava_117 #7 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19891 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcragarion, on 09 September 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Well instead of getting my tin foil hat out and screaming Russian conspiracy's like a lunatic, 

i would fill out a bug report stating that it's possible the graphic of a telegraph poll interferes with the in-game reticle, and send the replay in.

i would have also fired as they were driving along the ridge side on rather than a frontal shot.

More or less this. As you can see the reticule jump are all around that pole. It's probably a bug in the elevation adjustment agorithm caused by the pole hitbox. No bias at all since the VK was able to clearly aim and hit the IS-6 once he moved away from the pole.

Edited by Dava_117, 09 September 2018 - 05:46 PM.

MrWeedy1 #8 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

Yeah, about that german anti-bias: https://ibb.co/jqLG5U

How do you explain that? Direct straight line to the cupola with green penetration indicator with AP which has advantage on sloped armored surfaces over APCR. NO PENETRATION.

Even the distance doesn't explain such drastic drop in penetration because the distance is 65 meters, not 1200 meters.

This is the bias I see every day when I play WoT with german tanks. Russian tanks never bounce when they have green penetration indicator. Absolutely never.

Edit: This is the moment exactly after the shot was fired: https://ibb.co/cud0zp

I don't know the tickrate of the WoT servers but that picture wasn't taken many frames after the shot was fired. I'd say 10 max. This is the crap see every day when I play wot with german tanks.

After I had loaded another shell I shot to the exact same spot and penetrated: https://ibb.co/dcPOKp

Edited by MrWeedy1, 11 September 2018 - 03:59 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48391 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrWeedy1, on 11 September 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, about that german anti-bias: https://ibb.co/jqLG5U

How do you explain that? Direct straight line to the cupola with green penetration indicator with AP which has advantage on sloped armored surfaces over APCR. NO PENETRATION.

Even the distance doesn't explain such drastic drop in penetration because the distance is 65 meters, not 1200 meters.

This is the bias I see every day when I play WoT with german tanks. Russian tanks never bounce when they have green penetration indicator. Absolutely never.

I just looked up the armor model:

Spoiler

MrWeedy1 #10 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

Looks fine to me: https://ibb.co/dN2hC9

Edit: EVEN if we apply the same damage +-25% mechanic to penetration values, that still does not explain the non-penetrating hit. Penetration value for 12,8 cm Kw.K L/50 gun with AP is 220 mm. -25% to that is 165 mm. That cupola from that angle at that spot has around 152 mm armoring. Should be clear penetration.

Edited by MrWeedy1, 11 September 2018 - 04:06 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #11 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48391 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
It's my browser, which updated this morning. You might have hit the side of the cupola in the front, after that it hit the main cupola?

MrWeedy1 #12 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
Feels very unlikely. That would be pretty big dispersion at such range with is almost only half of the dispersion value indicated @ 100m. Wot draws decals on top of all the layers in front of the area which got hit. That's why there are so many crater decals on the smaller side turret as well.
15:13 Added after 2 minutes
Not to meantion the ghost shell I got with this exact same tank on the new minsk map. Clear line to obj 257. Nothing blocking the way, I see the green silhouette so that means server sees the clear line as well. Green penetration indicator @ 40m. FIRE and shell disappears. This time the shell was even APCR and was shot downwards towards the side of the peak nose of obj 257.

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48391 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
If only there was a replay...

Dava_117 #14 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19891 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrWeedy1, on 11 September 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Looks fine to me: https://ibb.co/dN2hC9

Edit: EVEN if we apply the same damage +-25% mechanic to penetration values, that still does not explain the non-penetrating hit. Penetration value for 12,8 cm Kw.K L/50 gun with AP is 220 mm. -25% to that is 165 mm. That cupola from that angle at that spot has around 152 mm armoring. Should be clear penetration.

Look at the MG cupola. There is a bounce decal on it. I beth your shot ricochet on it (hence loss 20% of the pen as ricochet rule state) and then hit the cupola, probably low rolling in pen. A really unlucky shot mate.

Edited by Dava_117, 11 September 2018 - 04:33 PM.

MrWeedy1 #15 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 11 September 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

If only there was a replay...

It's a hitscan shot. Meaning that server checks is there a clear line, there is and after the shot is fired, on the next frame the shot hits the target. Not even a tracer appears after the mouse button was clicked and shot was fired.

Here's the replay: http://wotreplays.eu...dy1-vk_100_01_p

Shot is fired at 10:20.

I have watched it multiple times and nothing explains the non-penetrating green pen shot. Not the angle, not a bounce nothing. I don't have the free camera mod so I haven't looked at it from that many angles but I have used sniper mode and watched it outside the tank but still nothing explains the green pen bounce. And even the reticle which is moving there is server side crosshair meaning that the crosshair shows the information server sees, not the information the client sees.

View PostDava_117, on 11 September 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Look at the MG cupola. There is a bounce decal on it. I beth your shot ricochet on it (hence loss 20% of the pen as ricochet rule state) and then hit the cupola, probably low rolling in pen. A really unlucky shot mate.

As I said, WoT's engine is written so that if a decal is drawn on a model behind other things poking out of the model, the same decal is drawn on top all of them in the back to front fashion. In other words: if a decal is applied to the rearmost model part on a tank, all the other model parts in front of that previous model part will get that same decal applied on top of them too. The rearmost part is the part which is the rearmost when looked at from the origin where the shots from your tanks spawn. This way it is easy to draw a decal on top of all the non-hitboxed model parts and server doesn't have to do a penetration calculation/check with every single non-hitboxed model part. When a penetration happens, server just has to project a penetration decal on top of all the other model parts too in the reverse order related to the direction of the shot and tada, it looks like the shot went through all sorts of things. OR in this case, it looks like the shot bounced from multiple model parts which it in fact didn't do.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19891 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrWeedy1, on 11 September 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's a hitscan shot. Meaning that server checks is there a clear line, there is and after the shot is fired, on the next frame the shot hits the target. Not even a tracer appears after the mouse button was clicked and shot was fired.

I have watched it multiple times and nothing explains the non-penetrating green pen shot. Not the angle, not a bounce nothing. I don't have the free camera mod so I haven't looked at it from that many angles but I have used sniper mode and watched it outside the tank but still nothing explains the green pen bounce. And even the reticle which is moving there is server side crosshair meaning that the crosshair shows the information server sees, not the information the client sees.

As I said, WoT's engine is written so that if a decal is drawn on a model behind other things poking out of the model, the same decal is drawn on top all of them in the back to front fashion. In other words: if a decal is applied to the rearmost model part on a tank, all the other model parts in front of that previous model part will get that same decal applied on top of them too. The rearmost part is the part which is the rearmost when looked at from the origin where the shots from your tanks spawn. This way it is easy to draw a decal on top of all the non-hitboxed model parts and server doesn't have to do a penetration calculation/check with every single non-hitboxed model part. When a penetration happens, server just has to project a penetration decal on top of all the other model parts too in the reverse order related to the direction of the shot and tada, it looks like the shot went through all sorts of things. OR in this case, it looks like the shot bounced from multiple model parts which it in fact didn't do.

I know this. In fact I'm refering to the MG cupola, that have a hitbox and have nothing behind it. Look at the 2 pics, the one from the battle and the one from tanks.gg.

You will motice that the MG cupola have 2 bounce decal, one on the red part (you can't pen it so it's not important) and one on the green/yello side, angled at more than 70°. There isare nothing behind that cupola to project the decal. Furthermore, the angle of the surface is compatible with a ricochet on the commander cupola. There is no other way to roll so lowI on pen, unless you shoot him at an angle (possible considering the zone and that your gun is almost reloaded, so some time is passed from the bounce). A replay would be enought to find out what happened, tho.

Edited by Dava_117, 11 September 2018 - 08:25 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #17 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48391 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrWeedy1, on 11 September 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Thx for replay. Will check tomorrow but suspect that dava is right :)

MrWeedy1 #18 Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

Yeah. About that German anti-bias: https://imgur.com/a/n6cfxNd

WG FUBARED Vk 72.01's armoring. It's a reward tank. Second ever released reward tank which you got from the clan wars back in the day. The armor model is totally messed up. I looked up when they did those changes and that has happened during the 1.0.1 patch on the test server. Notice how there are a lot parts where the armor thickness is 0 mm. A really nice tier 10 tank which doesn't have any armoring at all on some parts of it. Yeah. Really nice. And the front of the tank is so weak that tier 8 tanks can shoot right through it with normal AP. Why this has never happened to IS-7? I wonder could the nationality of the tank play some sort of role in this?...

Really nice. Really nice indeed. They went and fucked up a reward tank with premium tank status. What happened to that "we won't nerf premium tanks" -policy? I guess it changed to "We won't nerf premium tanks but we will totally and utter [edited]them up beyond any recognition."

Edit: And also on the back of the turret, there's this extra plate to give more thickness to the turret's back. On this tank it doesn't add any armor thickness but on Pz VII it does. Really nice indeed.

Edited by MrWeedy1, 17 September 2018 - 06:14 PM.

juonimies #19 Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44288 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostMrWeedy1, on 09 September 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

They explain: "This game is working as intended, tovarish!"

MrWeedy1 #20 Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Translator
  • 13265 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View Postjuonimies, on 17 September 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

They explain: "This game is working as intended, tovarish!"

Yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users